PDA

View Full Version : Share Soulmeld, Phase Cloak, and Win

GhengisConrad
2014-01-14, 11:26 AM
Alright.

Say, I'm riding a Dire Bat. And also say I have the 'Share Soulmeld' feat, and that I have the Phase Cloak bound to my shoulders.

If I am riding my Dire Bat, on his round, can he activate phase cloak to move me somewhere, and we would both be ethereal?

On my round, would I start ethereal, and then, if I were to dismount from a height greater than 5 feat, I would no longer receive the benefit of the phase cloak soul meld, and would stop being ethereal?

See what I am trying to do here?

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-14, 11:30 AM
I have a paladin charging build that relies on this very trick - Ride-by Attack is brutal when you have ethereal movement and Mindsight up.

EDIT: Any movement 5' or more from either of you activates Phase Cloak - not actually sure what your question re: Battle Jumping down is. You'll be ethereal until you stop moving.

Psyren
2014-01-14, 11:30 AM
Is this for your charger build that wants to fall on people again?

If your bat moves with you then only his Phase Cloak will activate because you have not "used a move action." You will therefore fall through him almost immediately.

Talionis
2014-01-14, 03:15 PM
Is this for your charger build that wants to fall on people again?

If your bat moves with you then only his Phase Cloak will activate because you have not "used a move action." You will therefore fall through him almost immediately.

RAW, I think this is correct.

RAI, I would say it works like you intuitively think it does and you both phase when your Bat phase.

Ultimately its up to your DM and table and it would be a fair question to ask before you dedicate resources to the build.