PDA

View Full Version : Draconic Herritage

cbaidchris
2014-01-14, 04:17 PM
So I'm playing an evil campaign and I'd like to take draconic herritage for silver dragons. I understand that silver dragons lean way towards good but I'd really like to add disguise to my list because well it's fun. so what I'm here to ask is would it be way off the wall to be evil just because somewhere in my distant ancestry I have good dragon blood?

Coidzor
2014-01-14, 04:22 PM
So I'm playing an evil campaign and I'd like to take draconic herritage for silver dragons. I understand that silver dragons lean way towards good but I'd really like to add disguise to my list because well it's fun. so what I'm here to ask is would it be way off the wall to be evil just because somewhere in my distant ancestry I have good dragon blood?

Nope! You could even play an Evil Metallic Dragon if you could swing the LA/RHD/Dragonosity without it being off the wall.

Presumably this is on a humanoid base, and, well, you're not forced into being good or evil just because you've got outsider ancestry, so why would dragons that are that distant?

Socratov
2014-01-14, 06:46 PM
Well, DnD has this problem with the concepts of 'the sins of the father are the sins of the son'. Open Complete arcane at page 9. You will find the warlock there. Now if you made the deal with the devil yourself, yeah, you are evil. if you derive your powers from your ancestors you are still either evil or chaotic. this is commonly referred to as nature vs. nurture. Luckily roleplayers have this allergy to the alignment system and so along comes corruption. We all know power corrupts and thus we have a handle on this. your granddaddy may have been all goody two-shoes, but that doesn't mean you ahve to be. Sure you have some of his power powers, but what makes you adhere to his code of conduct. if you want, be cruel, be the bastard you want to play. Just like the hellfire warlock can be (chaotic) good, fighting (hell)fire with (hell)fire you can fight good with a taste of it's own medicine.

nedz
2014-01-14, 08:01 PM
You could always play a White Half Dragon Silver Dragon, which is pretty much a blanc slate alignment wise.

Thurbane
2014-01-14, 08:39 PM
Do you specifically want Draconic Heritage, or just a way to add Disguise to your class skills?

The City Slicker feat (Races of Destiny) will do the job, and add Forgery, Gather Information and Knowledge (local) to boot.

cbaidchris
2014-01-14, 09:33 PM
well I was going to take dragonblood sub levels which grant draconic heritage and I really do like me some disguise. unfortunately I have no open feat slots to spare