PDA

View Full Version : Free Compendium Download?

Twisted
2014-01-14, 04:46 PM
Hello everyone! I just got back together with my D&D group and we've been playing lately, but because we play over video chat services, we have our characters digitized. We've been using a character builder to create our own characters, but we don't have a monster builder. Does anyone know how to gain access to the D&D Compendium without having to pay monthly for it?

Thanks a bunch!

- Twisted

Airk
2014-01-14, 04:58 PM
Uh, even if we did, I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to discuss what is essentially piracy on this forum.

Twisted
2014-01-14, 05:00 PM
Uh, even if we did, I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to discuss what is essentially piracy on this forum.

Well, I wasn't going for straight-up piracy, but I was just wondering if there was some alternative or other software that we could use in place of the compendium.

ComatosePhoenix
2014-01-14, 06:44 PM
PCgen software includes a small compendium of stats without any of the fluff for earlier editions. Basically its just information taken from the free SRDs of D&D. it didn't have any information for D&D 4th ed. but if you have some time there is a tutorial where you can set up your own reference compendium.

pcgen.org

Fair warning, I never actually used it for a session. just downloaded it for a game that never happened. So I don't know from experiance how convieniant it is. but it seems like this is what your looking for.