PDA

View Full Version : Lich

Saramoth
2014-01-14, 05:52 PM
Ok soooooo i am a lich 20th level and im in a party with a monk and a cleric. And they are powerful and i need to protect my self, so any idea on equipment?

All books are lowed
price is not that of a problem :)

Its D&D 3.5

Thanks in advance

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-14, 05:54 PM
Step 1: Take the Craft Contingent Spell Feat
Step 2: Craft Contingent Spells including invoke magic to protect yourself
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Xuldarinar
2014-01-14, 05:56 PM
What race? What class? What type of lich? Are we including the Level Adjustment of the lich templates?

nyjastul69
2014-01-14, 05:57 PM
Ok soooooo i am a lich 20th level and im in a party with a monk and a cleric. And they are powerful and i need to protect my self, so any idea on equipment?

All books are lowed
price is not that of a problem :)

Its D&D 3.5

Thanks in advance

What class or classes are you? Are you ECL 20 or ECL 24?

Edit: Heh, unsurprisingly ninja'd.

Saramoth
2014-01-14, 05:58 PM
What race? What class? What type of lich? Are we including the Level Adjustment of the lich templates?

hellbred - dread necromancer - LE

and yeah LA is in effect

nyjastul69
2014-01-14, 06:00 PM
hellbred - dread necromancer - LE

and yeah LA is in effect

So you have 16 class levels and +4 LA without any LA buy off?

Saramoth
2014-01-14, 06:01 PM
So you have 16 class levels and +4 LA without any LA buy off?

20lvl dread necro, 24 with LA

Captnq
2014-01-14, 06:05 PM
Well... Depends.

Foresight and Greater celerity. I go first.

Graft a weapon with teleport to your arm. Now you got extraordinary teleport. Works in an antimagic field. You teleport to an antimagic field so nobody can follow you unless they are crazy enough to graft teleporting weapons to their own bodies. You go first, you leave.

Begin Scry and Die.

???

Profit.

sideswipe
2014-01-14, 06:15 PM
a hat of disguise. and never take it off or touch your team mates.

Xuldarinar
2014-01-14, 06:20 PM
Ignoring my wondering as to why a hellbred would be LE… Huh. Anything that boosts your ability to raise and control undead for starters, the more the better. Basically any key tips or tricks for most necromancers are applicable here. Corpses make for a great defense.

A ring of nullification would be helpful as well. Its not perfect but its a decent defensive ring to have.

The location and form of your phylactery is important to consider, as you really do not want that broken.

Tsochar, if you could get one as a Cohort, could help a great deal.

TuggyNE
2014-01-14, 08:28 PM
Graft a weapon with teleport to your arm. Now you got extraordinary teleport. Works in an antimagic field.

Beg pardon? Where does the Ex come from?