PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Lich

Captnq
2014-01-14, 06:00 PM
Okay... I'm a psionic lich

So I take mass time hop and I Teleport my Phylactery a day into the future so nobody can find it. Because, hey, it's traveling through time. I die before it returns. Eventually, it comes back. It's a ring and a cave dwelling shut-in finds it and scurries off.

What happens?

sideswipe
2014-01-14, 06:10 PM
in a few days time the random cave dweller gets the ultimate shock of his life as a lich materialises into existence and he either sh*ts himself and runs or he attacks blindly. either way you either turn him into and undead slave, a dominated minion or a pile of ash.

Stegyre
2014-01-14, 06:11 PM
You reappear 1d10 days after your apparent "death."

Where you reappear is not explained, but I think it's usually presumed to be in the neighborhood of your phylactery.

How is also not explained. (The Giant used a gradual growth process for Xykon. While reasonable, I'm not aware of any RAW provision making it that way. The Lich could just as well *pop* into existence. It's magic, after all, very powerful, evil magic.)

Socratov
2014-01-14, 06:22 PM
*Ghollum* *ghollum*

Sorry, nasty cough there. I should really stop smoking :smallbiggrin:

Dominate, get back to base of power, and play it like LotR, but then the version where Sauron wins because there are no nasty hobbitses to destroy his precious. meanwhile you should be able to hide yourself (1d10 days), tricking the dominated minion in thinking it's his idea and soon you are back in your seat of power, free to do as you wish (make sure you make a big reveal, 'reward' your fresh minion and wreak havoc like you never went away).

CIDE
2014-01-14, 07:49 PM
Wasn't psionic lich a horrible written 3.0 thing...? if it's the thing I remember reading please tell me you updated it or homebrewed something based on the magic lich.

Captnq
2014-01-14, 08:54 PM
I'm updating all the psionic rules. Working on the psionomincon.

So, the fact that I die while my Phylactery "doesn't exist" anywhere in reality is fine. I just start the clock the moment it re-appears.

sideswipe
2014-01-14, 08:58 PM
I'm updating all the psionic rules. Working on the psionomincon.

So, the fact that I die while my Phylactery "doesn't exist" anywhere in reality is fine. I just start the clock the moment it re-appears.

It does exist, when creatures are time hopped i believe they can make a wisdom check to return early. so if they exist in nowhere in reality how can they make the check?

you literally exist in the time you send it to. as if no time passed. so when you die you would also be transported to that time. as if no time passed.