PDA

View Full Version : Crit's for bows

Kushaki
2007-01-22, 04:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get the critical multiplyer higher on bows in general.

OzymandiasVolt
2007-01-22, 04:21 PM
Improved Critical (bow of choice)? The feat isn't limited to melee weapons.

Pepper
2007-01-22, 04:22 PM
I would say you cant without DM intervention or a magical bow with the crit multiplier already adjusted.

And improved crit does range not multiplier i believe.

Amiria
2007-01-22, 04:23 PM
Improved Critical (bow of choice)?

The threat multiplier, not the threat range.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get the critical multiplyer higher on bows in general.

The Deepwood Stalker PrC (MotW) does this.

Imo, both the Deepwood Stalker and the Peerless Archer (FR Silver Marches) are the best archer PrCs. But they are both 3.0. :smallannoyed:

Why can't WotC make a good archer PrC for 3.5 ? :smallmad:

OzymandiasVolt
2007-01-22, 04:24 PM
Ah, multiplier. Yeah, you'd need a custom weapon or some PrC to obtain that effect.

the_tick_rules
2007-01-22, 07:10 PM
maybe there's some special arrows. there's a lot of special arrows layin around in books.

Zherog
2007-01-22, 07:48 PM
The Deepwood Stalker PrC (MotW) does this.

Deepwood Sniper, not Deepwood Stalker.

AmoDman
2007-01-22, 08:43 PM
Deepwood Sniper, not Deepwood Stalker.

Proabably had Darkwood Stalker mixed in with it in their head.

MeklorIlavator
2007-01-22, 08:52 PM
there is a feat (I belive it is in a complete) called power critical, and it does improve the mutliplier.()if I only remembered where.

Zherog
2007-01-22, 09:09 PM
Power Critical is also in the SRD. It has nothing to do with crit multipliers.

POWER CRITICAL [GENERAL]
Prerequisites:Weapon Focus (chosen weapon), base attack bonus +4
Benefit: When using the weapon you selected, you gain a +4 bonus on the roll to confirm a threat.
Special: A fighter may select Power Critical as one of his fighter bonus feats.
You can gain Power Critical multiple times. Each time you take the feat, it may be with a different weapon or the same weapon. If you take it with the same weapon, the effects of the feats stack.

All it does it grant a +4 to confirm.

RandomNPC
2007-01-22, 09:30 PM
you could always hire an Arrow Demon from MM3, they have four arms, and therefore fire two bows at the same time. atlast it doubles the chanes for a crit.... at that point you might as well hire a marilith, six arms, three bows. what were they thinking when they made arrow demons?

anyway, on a serious note, ask the DM to "augment critical" a bow, or just to alter all bows in the game. As DM i would find a way to work it in, as long as you followed a few simple rules.

nothing better than X4,
imp. crit stacks with keen (or piercing and bludgeoning variations of keen), max threat range is 15-20
i've heard of 3rd party stuf, Imp. crit. 2, imp. crit. 3, and hightened critical. 3rd party is broken, as it would take a scimatar to 9-20 X3 with just those. no third party