PDA

View Full Version : D&D Collision

kirerellim
2014-01-15, 12:46 AM
I just wanted to confirm that I was reading this right.

Collision: Collision weapons psionically increase their own mass at the end point of each swing or shot. Such weapons deal an extra 5 points of damage on each successful strike, in addition to the weapon’s enhancement bonus. Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow the extra damage upon their ammunition.

When it says 'an extra 5 points of damage on /each successful strike/' does it mean every successful strike increases by 5 points of damage? So....

first strike - 1d8
second strike - 1d8 + 5
third strike - 1d8 + 10
forth strike - 1d8 + 15

That cant be right.... can it?

TuggyNE
2014-01-15, 12:51 AM
No. It's 5 flat bonus damage on every successful hit, no more or less; it uses the same language as flaming, frost, etc.

The good thing about it is that it is a) untyped damage, and probably not subject to either DR or energy resistance; and b) flat damage, and thus multiplied on critical hits.

kirerellim
2014-01-15, 12:54 AM
Oh ok! I was gonna say.... with some cheesy combo's of natural attacks that would be... terrifying. Or even just two weapon fighters or archers.

Telok
2014-01-15, 01:58 AM
Also note that the psychic power required to make the enchantment is an 8th level power that almost nobody will ever take. The cost of the enhancement doesn't reflect the annoyance of tracking down a 15th level psion and paying for two Psychic Reformations.

But it's a good weapon enhancement.

TheIronGolem
2014-01-15, 02:38 AM
No. It's 5 flat bonus damage on every successful hit, no more or less; it uses the same language as flaming, frost, etc.

The good thing about it is that it is a) untyped damage, and probably not subject to either DR or energy resistance; and b) flat damage, and thus multiplied on critical hits.

Do you have a source for the damage being untyped? Seems to me it's just increasing the weapon's base damage of whatever type it normally deals (just as enhancement bonuses do), not adding a new source of damage like an elemental enchantment. Thus it would be subject to DR.

Chronos
2014-01-15, 10:13 AM
It's the same type of damage as your weapon normally is, but you've probably already gone through the DR by the time you get to adding that +5. So it's not exposing you to DR any more than you already were.