PDA

View Full Version : Two Players One Body

Ace Nex
2014-01-15, 12:05 PM
Wordplay aside, I was wondering if there was a way to get two characters to simultaneously inhabit a body, think Gogeta from dbz or something along those lines. I seem to recall a spell that did that but I'm forgetting the source/It may not actually exist, but any way to accomplish this would be fantastic.

Ryuuk
2014-01-15, 12:07 PM
Fusion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm) seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-15, 12:11 PM
If both characters were ghosts, they could both possess the same body.

I ran a campaign once where the BBEG was a politician possessed by several ghosts, former members of the Cabinet of Faces who continued their manipulations and machinations even beyond the grave.

Slipperychicken
2014-01-15, 12:18 PM
Opposed charisma checks to see who controls it for a given action?

dysprosium
2014-01-15, 12:40 PM
In a very wacky game I ran once one player was a water elemental monk and the other was an awakened red algae cleric that lived inside of it via the symbiotic template.

The elemental did all of the physical actions, the red algae did all of the mental actions.

Worked ok until the algae player stopped coming to the games . . .

Fouredged Sword
2014-01-15, 12:48 PM
Cool, one could do an awakended symbiote, a host, a ghost, a fiend of possession, and then if one of them is a psion, they can manifest control body and pass the concentration over to their psicrystal.

Dalebert
2014-01-15, 01:03 PM
A DM merged my gnome bard's mind/soul into another player's CN half-orc fighter. It was miserable. I still haven't forgiven him. I think it was his way of getting the party together quickly but he made it a permanent effect that required a long quest line to end. Then he quit the game just when we'd gotten all the items we needed. I never got to play the actual character I made for the game.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-15, 01:09 PM
Make one character a Fiend of Possession, it's a prestige class from the Fiend Folio. A Kaorti from the Fiend Folio is one of the better creatures to use for it, considering its prerequisites versus qualifying creatures' level adjustments. The collective character could wield Kaorti Resin (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031014a) weapons, for example a Falchion made from that would have a natural 18-20/x4 threat/crit. A Fiend of Possession can also give the creature it inhabits a +4 Profane bonus to every ability score, add magic item properties to their weapons, and use personal-range buffs on them.

Xuldarinar
2014-01-15, 03:19 PM
While not exactly the OP described, I thought I'd bring this up. What about Tsochar?