PDA

View Full Version : Making a Jedi (3.5)

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-15, 12:17 PM
How would I go about it?
I was thinking of a wise and agile combatant (Wis/Dex focus)
Who can do all the tipical jedi tricks (mind tricks, invsibility, improving demeanor/controlling others, moving objects with the scwarthz, throwing the lightsabre and having it spin until it comes back, etc. Sensing others and the like too)

Longsword or bastard sword of brilliant light forms the basis of the Lightsabre mhmm.

At First I was thinking of Cleric 19/shiba protector 1, but what other class is there?

I would need two. One of them would be an elf or human, the other would be a venerable goblin. yep.

Xerlith
2014-01-15, 12:28 PM
Psychic Warrior 20, Bonded Weapon ACF. Call Weaponry + some other stuff. Probably throw in four levels of Swordsage for some maneuvers and Wis to AC. Done.

Emperor Tippy
2014-01-15, 12:36 PM
Rogue 1/ Martial Monk 2/ Factotum 8/ Ardent 2/ X 7

What X is depends a lot on the specifics of the build. Shiba Protector 1 works great for a human, for example, but doesn't technically work with non humans.

Psionic Fist synergizes with the above pretty well actually.

Straight Ardent 20 with the right powers and feat selection can actually do Jedi pretty well.

It also really depends on the specific type of Jedi that you want to make.

IAmTehDave
2014-01-15, 12:40 PM
How about a glaivelock? The Eldritch Glaive can be the lightsaber (Touch attacks to do damage with, sounds about right for a laser sword)

They get the force* manipulation and invisibility, etc. with invocations.
Can just refluff them away from demonic/fey heritage and lift the alignment restrictions. Maybe change invocations to be based on wis instead of cha.

jedipilot24
2014-01-15, 12:52 PM
Elf Cleric 20 with the Protection and Trickery domains and a Throwing Returning Longsword of Brilliant Light.

Venerable Goblin Stalwart Battle Sorcerer 10/Master of the Unseen Hand 5/Mindspy 5 with a Throwing Returning Shortsword of Brilliant Light.

MobiusHero
2014-01-15, 01:21 PM
Why not just use the Star Wars D20 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Roleplaying_Game_%28Wizards_of_the_Coast %29) rules? I have read through them and I thought they were pretty cool!

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-15, 01:54 PM
Why not just use the Star Wars D20 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Roleplaying_Game_%28Wizards_of_the_Coast %29) rules? I have read through them and I thought they were pretty cool!

Cuz I don't want to play a jedi. I want to play a character that thinks hes a jedi.

And the venerable goblin will be a commoner class. More than being the wise sage, hes more of a prisoner of the human jedi. Since the human thinks that said goblin is a master jedi of countless years of experience, and he thinks that said goblin has taught him everything.

hilarity and paranoia ensues

Zweisteine
2014-01-15, 03:10 PM
But... but... why????

Yeah, yeah, I know it's Star Wars, but why???

Master of the Unseen hands = force powers
Charm Person/Suggestion = force powers

You do not want a weapon of brilliant energy. It can't cut through metal.

Maybe a magic longsword with a variant on one of the size-changing weapon abilities, that only effects the blade. It also glows, as some magic items randomly do. Not sure how you're going to cut through stone, though. Maybe your DM would let you do it with the Mountain Hammer maneuver chain.

Averis Vol
2014-01-15, 03:36 PM
Just go soul knife! it's the perfect stealthy melee combatant, it even has a lightsaber from level 1!

but seriously, don't do that. I would say a mix of SS and psy war would get you exactly what you want, seeing as ( I'm pretty sure atleast) the creator straight up said the psy war was inspired by the jedi order.

Person_Man
2014-01-15, 03:58 PM
Homebrew solution, the War Soul (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156441) (Soulknife + Soulborn fix).

Also, any melee build with a sufficiently cool magic weapon would work fine. A lightsaber is, after all, a piece of equipment and not a magically or psionically or Force forged thing.

Emperor Tippy
2014-01-15, 04:03 PM
Also, any melee build with a sufficiently cool magic weapon would work fine. A lightsaber is, after all, a piece of equipment and not a magically or psionically or Force forged thing.
Actually it pretty much is force forged.

Apparently without using the force one can't get all of the components aligned/put together perfectly enough for it to work right.

nedz
2014-01-15, 04:04 PM
Half Fey Glaive lock — for lots of mind effecting SLAs

or

Beguiler 3 / Warlock 1 / Rogue 1 / Unseen Seer 10
Beguiler for the mind effecting stuff, Warlock for Eldritch Glaive, Unseen Seer advancing Beguiler

or

Beguiler 1 / Warlock 3 / Rogue 1 / Unseen Seer 10
Unseen Seer advancing Warlock

Kaje
2014-01-15, 04:27 PM
Take a look at the Collapsible weapon property from Races of the Wild.

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-15, 04:37 PM
Take a look at the Collapsible weapon property from Races of the Wild.

You sir get a free cookie. and My soon to be jedi gets his own retractable sword. Which will then be enchanted with appropriate lightsabre stuffs.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-15, 06:34 PM
I'd go (Decisive Strike) Monk 1/Ardent 6/Slayer 10/anything with full manifesting advancement 3. Ardent is basically a psionic gish in a can, and psionics are a great fit for jedi powers.

EDIT: Shape Soulmeld (Incarnum Weapon) makes for a decent lightsaber, if your alignment is right.

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-15, 08:34 PM
How Does? Feat rogue 2/Martial Monk 2/hit and Run sneak attack Fighter 1/Chameleon 1-3/Shiba protector 1/chameleleon 4-10 with the Phrenic template (Buy off is allowed) Sound?

With certain deevine klasses, (Runescarred berserker for example) I can get divine power at lvl 8 (3rd lvl spell)

And I get jedi-like abilities from phrenic Template...

Any items that increase my divine/druid caster level over the max allowed (level)

Petrocorus
2014-01-15, 08:55 PM
Arcane Maul from Secret of Sarlona is a 3rd level evocation that create a force warhammer, could talk to the DM to refluff it as a sword ad it would fit the light saber fluff. If you want ot go psionic, StP Erudite can use it.

Flame Blade is a 2nd lvl spell that do a bit the same thin. Less powerful, but fluffy.