PDA

View Full Version : Hinjo,Join the oots or not?

Copacetic
2007-01-22, 08:43 PM
It might just happen. Just look at it. Hinjo +Oots leads into intesting plot twits and as a bonus it gives the oots even more reason to yell at Miko(for being cruel to Hinjo). You never know with the giant:smallwink:

Ptolemy
2007-01-22, 09:02 PM
I don't know if he'd join, per se, but I think it'd be cool for Hinjo to come along with OoTS for awhile.

Shadic
2007-01-22, 09:05 PM
Agree with Ptolemy here. I love Hinjo and find him to be a very interesting character, but The Order of the Stick has enough members already. I'd bet he is pretty good in a fight though, assuming he actually gets out somewhat.

mockingbyrd7
2007-01-22, 09:08 PM
Agree with posters 2 and 3.

TinSoldier
2007-01-22, 09:27 PM
If Hinjo did come along they would have to hide Belkar from him. Even as easy going as Hinjo seems to be as a paladin he couldn't overlook the fact that Belkar isn't supposed to be free.

Plus, as a paladin, he can't associate with Belkar as a party member.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-01-22, 09:30 PM
I don't see him joining the OotS, but it'd be great to have him as a recurring protagonist character.

Shadic
2007-01-22, 09:47 PM
Agree with posters 2 and 3.

I'm special enough to have a number!

If Hinjo did come along they would have to hide Belkar from him. Even as easy going as Hinjo seems to be as a paladin he couldn't overlook the fact that Belkar isn't supposed to be free.

Plus, as a paladin, he can't associate with Belkar as a party member.

He doesn't know Belkar is evil though, and wouldn't Shojo's ruling overturn that act anyways? Shojo could order Hinjo to go with the OotS after the Sapphire Gate has been destroyed.

Setra
2007-01-23, 12:41 AM
He doesn't know Belkar is evil though, and wouldn't Shojo's ruling overturn that act anyways? Shojo could order Hinjo to go with the OotS after the Sapphire Gate has been destroyed.

I do believe he knows Belkar is evil (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0265.html)

Personally I think it would be cool for Shinjo and some of the other Paladins to fight alongside the OotS when they invade Azure City.

Shadic
2007-01-23, 01:01 AM
I do believe he knows Belkar is evil (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0265.html)

Personally I think it would be cool for Shinjo and some of the other Paladins to fight alongside the OotS when they invade Azure City.

Paladins aren't very good at noticing things. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0290.html)

Setra
2007-01-23, 01:57 AM
Paladins aren't very good at noticing things. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0290.html)

It's kind of hard not to notice a drawing of blood, though admittedly Search and Spot are both Cross-Class for a Paladin.

Still, He does know Belkar is in jail (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0403.html)

Don Julio Anejo
2007-01-23, 03:06 AM
Hey, if Elan can have an evil twin, so can Belkar. At least that's what OotS told Hinjo...

Silfir
2007-01-23, 03:58 AM
While I seriously doubt there will be any changes to the members of the OotS - They've been together since strip one, after all - It's true that the OotS and Hinjo apparently seem to sympathize with each other.

I think Hinjo will succeed his uncle on the throne, and after this remain a good friend of the OotS while they continue their travels.

skinkatlarge
2007-01-23, 04:26 AM
Whether or not Hinjo knows Belkar is evil now (I think he does, but whatever), do you really think he could adventure for more than two days with the party before the Belkster shows his true colors with some comment or suggestion? Not to mention, Belkar's arms are going to get really tired from holding that lead sheet up all the time.

hanzo66
2007-01-23, 08:18 AM
Wait a minute...

If Hinjo's a paladin, then where's the Stick in his Ass?

faerwain
2007-01-23, 08:29 AM
Hinjo is a likeable character, friendly to the OotS, popular with the fans, and an important and effective part(notice him caring about his reputation at New Year's, his concern about the "hunger strike" and his immideate action towards the catapults) of the Azure City Defense and law enforcement - in short, I fear for his life-span.

That aside, I don't see anybody really join the order, but they will surely have to deal a lot with one another in coming strips. The relation might become stressy, though, if Hinjo learns about Belkar, especially directly after Miko arriving and reporting about the orders "betrayal". Chances for plot twists.

elliott20
2007-01-23, 08:30 AM
I don't know, I don't get an OOTS vibe off of Hinjo. The Giant has crafted these characters in such a way that they have a very special group dynamic. Hinjo, while an extremely likeable and helpful guy, just doesn't have that special quality that makes him fit in with the rest of the cast.

truth of the matter is, Hinjo is not a very developed character. We've seen him only a couple times and frankly he hasn't developed nearly enough quirks to be someone who'd fit in with the OOTS.

I can see him beinig an ally, or even fighting along side the OOTS, but not actually join them and become part of the group.

Do not forget, the man will also be someone of power someday. He can't afford to go off on his own adventuring.

Renegade Paladin
2007-01-23, 08:40 AM
Unless Azure City is destroyed and he escapes.

I'm not saying I think he'll join the Order, but it's an outside possibility that he could escape the destruction of the city, and then he'd have to do something.

Morty
2007-01-23, 09:02 AM
No, I really don't see him as more important character than he's now. However, I was totally surprised with plots quite a few times, so who knows.

Setra
2007-01-23, 10:35 AM
Wait a minute...

If Hinjo's a paladin, then where's the Stick in his Ass?

He has 15 ranks in Stick Removal.

I just got an interesting idea though...

Azure City falls, the gate and all, as well as the Sapphire Guard, and Shojo along with it. Miko and Hinjo survive, Miko convinces Hinjo that the OotS were to blame, though of course he has doubts.

Hinjo travels along with Miko until they meet the OotS, a dramatic fight insues, where in the end Hinjo sacrifices himself to make Miko see the truth. Miko sets out on her own to atone for her madness, by defeating Xykon. She fails, and dies too.

Ps. There needs to be a Hinjo smiley

Jewel Thief
2007-01-23, 11:34 AM
Azure City falls, the gate and all, as well as the Sapphire Guard, and Shojo along with it. Miko and Hinjo survive, Miko convinces Hinjo that the OotS were to blame, though of course he has doubts.

Hinjo travels along with Miko until they meet the OotS, a dramatic fight insues, where in the end Hinjo sacrifices himself to make Miko see the truth. Miko sets out on her own to atone for her madness, by defeating Xykon. She fails, and dies too.

Ps. There needs to be a Hinjo smiley

That's a good idea - Hinjo and Miko teaming up. I'd like to see that.

teratorn
2007-01-23, 11:38 AM
This thread should have spoiler in the title.
We never saw Hinjo do paladin thingies but he would probably kill Belkar on sight or at least try. I think he will die with the rest of the Sapphire guard in the next few strips. Only Miko is likely to survive.

Behold_the_Void
2007-01-23, 11:42 AM
Don't see it happening. He's not a major character and, while likeable, wouldn't fit in with the OotS style. Not to mention the Belkar thing.

Plus that'd bring the party size up to 7, which won't be happening. Otherwise (note: spoiler for On the Origins of the PCs) Those two really powerful guys Durkon found in Origins would be traveling with the Order