PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Vivisectionist Mad Bomber

Oudyn
2014-01-15, 06:53 PM
I would like to create a Pathfinder Alchemist using the vivisectionist archetype and the bomb discover allowing me to sneak attack with bombs. I am also considering using the chameleon ability if would work while not in mutagen form. I am open to most races. I am also thinking of taking one level of Master Chymist for bomb thrower. If you could give build advice or provide me with a build it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Oudyn

Squirrel_Dude
2014-01-15, 06:57 PM
I just can't do it captain. Vivisectionist trades their ability to throw bombs for sneak attack, and sneak attack can't be applied to splash weapons like bombs.

Oudyn
2014-01-15, 07:27 PM
I just can't do it captain. Vivisectionist trades their ability to throw bombs for sneak attack, and sneak attack can't be applied to splash weapons like bombs.

Ah, I was under the impression that the "Bomb" discovery from Ultimate Magic allowed you to regain the use of the bomb ability. I can't find anything mentioning that you can't sneak attack with bombs, though it does make sense.
EDIT: Just checked, there isn't a discovery allowing you to regain the use of bombs.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-15, 07:41 PM
You could always Throw... Alchemist fires and Holy waters in place of Bombs @ Levels 1-5 but eventually they will become weak-sauce.

Eldaran
2014-01-15, 08:38 PM
I can't find anything mentioning that you can't sneak attack with bombs, though it does make sense.

Right here: (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Throw-Splash-Weapon)

Splash weapons cannot deal precision-based damage (such as the damage from the rogue's sneak attack class feature).

pippin369
2014-01-15, 11:24 PM
I am the one who got my friend to make an account and post this. so thank you all for your help. I have been trying to make a stealthy bomber and this what i first came up with. would there be a better way to do this? sorry for the bad spelling

thanks