PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Grafts

Vhaidara
2014-01-15, 08:22 PM
So, I'm trying to make an abomination character with as many grafts as possible. Before anyone yells at me, I've already found the graft handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12154.0), but it isn't exactly complete.

Relevant books are Fiend Folio, Magic of Eberron, and Races of Dragon (I'm planning on getting a full set of Draconic Grafts)

The main question I have is stems from the 2 categories of graft: pre and post Magic of Eberron.
Pre MoE: no limit on grafts, no graft slots, no "you can only have one kind"
Post: limit to 5, 1 per slot, only 1 type (thought the handbook says that these only apply to post MoE, so still unlimited on pre)

Now, here come the question
Do the Pre grafts actually need to replace a body part, or can you simply have them grafted on? For example, can I have my taloned arm, my human arm, plus a clawed arm, a long arm, a rending claw, and whatever other arm bits I might find? Can I end up with 5 legs? I want this character to look like an absolute trainwreck of body parts, and I don't see anything stopping me.

Vhaidara
2014-01-16, 07:24 AM
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Darrin
2014-01-16, 07:43 AM
Do the Pre grafts actually need to replace a body part, or can you simply have them grafted on? For example, can I have my taloned arm, my human arm, plus a clawed arm, a long arm, a rending claw, and whatever other arm bits I might find? Can I end up with 5 legs? I want this character to look like an absolute trainwreck of body parts, and I don't see anything stopping me.

Depends on the graft, but most of them are written so ambiguously, it's mostly a DM Call if you're replacing an existing body part or just adding without replacing.

Jack_Simth
2014-01-16, 08:15 AM
There's also some Grafts in Libris Mortis and Lords of Madness (the latter of which also includes the fleshwarper PrC, which you might find useful, as it turned you into something of a graft artificer). As for specific restrictions on multiple types of grafts? It's pretty much up to the DM.