PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Draconic Invocations

Thurbane
2014-01-15, 09:55 PM
Is there any to get a least (draconic) invocation, without a level dip (in either Dragonfire Adept, Warlock or Dragon Shaman)?

Specifically, Magic Insight and/or See the Unseen.

Cheers - T

peacenlove
2014-01-16, 02:29 AM
Codex advocare from expendition to ravenloft might work with umd but can't confirm it atm.

Thurbane
2014-01-16, 02:50 AM
I think you are right - it grants you an extra Least Invocation known, but does not specify Warlock or Draconic.

You need to be able to use least invocations to use it, so I guess the Emulate a Class Feature aspect of UMD should apply.

Thurbane
2014-01-22, 09:36 PM
Sorry to dredge this up again, but can anyone think of any other way than the Codex, DFA levels, Warlock levels, or Dragon Shaman levels?

I supposed high level Factotum could mimic the feature?

I'm basically trying to get the Magic Insight invocation onto a full BAB chasis. I suppose worst case is a dip into DFA for a level or two.

Cheers - T

Treblain
2014-01-22, 10:59 PM
If you could find some way to be treated as having DFA Lesser or warlock Greater Invocations, you would qualify for the feats that lets you pick a least dragonfire adept invocation. But any way to do that would probably be questionably legal and unnecessarily complicated.

The one that comes to mind would be using a Spellthief or Ur-Priest's Steal Spell-Like Ability to qualify for the feat, and dragging around a friendly or imprisoned DFA or warlock to keep stealing the invocation from so you still qualify for the feat. I think you could still get effective full BAB with either class, from Master Spellthief/Abjurant Champion caster level tricks for the spellthief, or from DMM-Persist Divine Power for the Ur-Priest. Like I said, unnecessarily complicated, but sort of doable. At that point you might as well just steal the invocation you wanted in the first place, but this way it's at-will.