PDA

View Full Version : Thank you mod teammm

Silvanoshei
2014-01-15, 10:01 PM
Dear Silvanoshei,

You have received a warning at Giant in the Playground Forums.

Reason:
-------
Major - Inappropriate Topic

The Mod Wonder: This is a warning for inappropriate topic. Do not bring religious topics onto these boards.
-------

Original Post:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16760175
Quote:
You do realize that faith and atheism is two-sides of the same coin? Just because you believe in no deities/gods doesn't mean you have no faith. You have faith in your belief nothing exists, only science or whatever reasoning floats your boat. So in that sense, he/she would believe in the deity of nothingless... that could "dispel" undead of other deity powers.
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Giant in the Playground Forums

Giving me a warning for talking about religion that is IN THE GAME. Wow, you guys are the best at your jobs for sureeeeeeeeeeee.

Silvanoshei
2014-01-15, 10:02 PM
Oh, and don't be cowards and delete the post. Own up to your mistakes for a change.

Siosilvar
2014-01-15, 10:11 PM
Whether or not it's in-game, calling out the mods on their action, especially with words like "cowards", is probably a bad plan.

Silvanoshei
2014-01-15, 10:13 PM
Not the first time they pulled a stunt like this to me. Honestly if they can't clean up their act, I'll go find another board. But I like this community, it's the Mod's that need to fix their crushing grip on the users.

Lord_Gareth
2014-01-15, 10:15 PM
Not the first time they pulled a stunt like this to me. Honestly if they can't clean up their act, I'll go find another board. But I like this community, it's the Mod's that need to fix their crushing grip on the users.

This is the wrong way to go about it, though. Problems with the mod team or not, picking a fight in public makes you seem immature and angry, not like a user with a legitimate grievance. This sort of thing is handled better in, say, PMs, or emails to Rich (he owns the board, after all), or, hell, even with just a more mature tone.

Silvanoshei
2014-01-15, 10:22 PM
This is the wrong way to go about it, though. Problems with the mod team or not, picking a fight in public makes you seem immature and angry, not like a user with a legitimate grievance. This sort of thing is handled better in, say, PMs, or emails to Rich (he owns the board, after all), or, hell, even with just a more mature tone.

It's a D&D forum, not a job man, it's silly and immature to slap warnings on people for talking about D&D. I did mention in my posts this is not the first time this has happened right? I have a 13-14 message talk with one of the mod guys about their logic of the warning much like this silly warning. They think they're right and that's the end of it.

So no, I wont have a 14 message talk with a guy who thinks nothing is wrong and doesn't even think about what warnings he/she is giving out. I think I will talk with Rich. Thanks.

Douglas
2014-01-15, 10:40 PM
The first three quarters of your post are not at all clear that they're talking about D&D and not real world religion. In fact, those three sentence would fit perfectly in a real world religion discussion.

Silvanoshei
2014-01-15, 10:45 PM
The first three quarters of your post are not at all clear that they're talking about D&D and not real world religion. In fact, those three sentence would fit perfectly in a real world religion discussion.

Are you serious? That post was 20 posts down in a thread with the OP quoting
I'm referring to clerics who literally don't believe in the source of their spells and powers.

This is not a joke, I got a warning for talking about D&D religion.

Douglas
2014-01-15, 11:08 PM
You made a point about D&D religion by stating and referencing a point about religion in general, which includes real world religion. I'm not a mod, but I can see and understand their logic on this.

Mynxae
2014-01-16, 01:05 AM
Fairly sure calling out a mod publicly is also against the forum rules.

Rawhide
2014-01-16, 01:32 AM
Giving me a warning for talking about religion that is IN THE GAME. Wow, you guys are the best at your jobs for sureeeeeeeeeeee.

Hi Silvanoshei,

The thread you posted in was closed by The Giant himself as being riddled with real world religious vs. non-religious discussion, your post was just one of many which crossed the line. You have been issued with a warning for crossing the line into real world religion. Even if you were intending to draw an analogy to clerical beliefs in the game, the majority of your post was purely about religious beliefs of the lack thereof.

Note that this was a warning only, not an infraction. You have correctly identified that it is a warning, but I just wanted to clarify that warnings simply serve as reminders. There are no infraction points issued for a warning. Take the information provided in the warning and learn from it, so you don't cross the line again in the future.

If you do not understand why you have been issued a warning or infraction, or believe it has been issued in error, then please politely contact the moderator who issued it. Being rude or aggressive about it won't help matters and may just be referred up the chain for further warnings or infractions.

If, after this discussion, you do not feel that you have gotten a satisfactory answer, then you may move up the chain and contact Roland St. Jude.

In your case for this warning, you can consider the matter closed and answered. There is no need to contact anyone further.

In keeping with the complaints procedure, this thread will be closed.