PDA

View Full Version : Trident and Net Help

Perpetr8r
2014-01-16, 12:56 AM
Ok so I have Two feats to make this build I am starting have an amazing Trident and Net Combo.

I spent one feat on Exo. Prof. Net

So what are some good tricks I can use to make a Net and Trident a good combo or good individually?

Perpetr8r
2014-01-16, 01:22 AM
Or maybe Harpoon which is a bit of a combo of the two.

Rizban
2014-01-16, 02:45 AM
The simplest thing that comes to mind is the Net and Trident feat from Complete Warrior.

Perpetr8r
2014-01-16, 07:13 AM
Is there any known trick or build focused on those kind of things?

Yes the Trident Net feat is good but requires a 3 feat investment and I am starved for feats in this build so the fewer feats I might need the better.

Darrin
2014-01-16, 07:40 AM
Is there any known trick or build focused on those kind of things?

Net-And-Trident Swift Hunter. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16236646&postcount=2)

Yes the Trident Net feat is good but requires a 3 feat investment and I am starved for feats in this build so the fewer feats I might need the better.

There's a couple tricks you can use to squeeze in an extra feat here and there... for my net-and-trident build, I used Planar Ranger to get Knowledge: the Planes 8, took the Planar Touchstone feat, linked it to the Catalogues of Enlightenment, and used that to get the War domain power, which gives me two feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Net) and Weapon Focus (Net). However, this isn't strictly RAW (Rules As Written), since the War domain as per the PHB only offers Martial Weapon Proficiency, not exotic. But I think most DMs will let this slide, since when it was written when there weren't any deities that offered exotic favored weapons. Here's a list of deities with net as a favored weapon:

Eldath (Faiths & Pantheons p. 222)
Istus (Living Greyhawk Deities v2.0 p. 84)
Marduk (Sandstorm p. 47)
Sotillion (Living Greyhawk Deities v2.0 p. 156)

If you are using Ranger, you can also use the Champion of the Wild ACF in Complete Champion to trade your spellcasting for a few bonus feats at 4th/8th/11th/14th level. Unfortunately, most of the feats offered just plain stink.

Perpetr8r
2014-01-16, 09:32 AM
Anyway to use the Net as something more?

I imagined a large fighter type using the net to sling people into walls or whip them overhead and into the ground or something of the sort.