PDA

View Full Version : So I have a rather strange build request. (3.5)

DarkSonic1337
2014-01-16, 02:51 AM
I'm looking for help making a gish with Druid based casting...that DOESN'T Wildshape/polymorph/ect into some other ridiculous creature. I want to retain my mostly humanoid form while fighting (extremely unoptimal I know). I am open to spells that make less drastic changes to my character (like the bite of the X line).

I really just want Druid for the spellcasting...I have absolutely no interest in the rest of it's class features. What are some divine gish prestige classes I could look at?

edit: Decided to go with Spirit Shaman with Dynamic Priest as the base. Still looking for prestige classes.

Don't particularly like Sacred Fist but I can take it as filler. It doesn't have to be a full bab prestige class, just 3/4th or better. It also doesn't have to be full casting.

Thurbane
2014-01-16, 02:57 AM
Knight of the Raven, Swanmay...

A level of Dragonslayer gets full martial weapon and heavy armor proficiency.

Scalpless
2014-01-16, 03:09 AM
Some ideas:

1) Trade your Wild Shape away via ACFs, such as Deadly Hunter or Shifter Druid.

2) Maybe a Shifter Druid with a focus on natural weapons? Moonspeaker and Shifter Druid substitution levels boost your natural weapons and Shifting.

3) You could also use your Animal Companion as a mount for some charging.

4) Contemplative > extra Domain > Sacred Exorcist > Divine Metamagic.

Azoth
2014-01-16, 03:10 AM
Could always go Sacred Fist and punch stuff to death using your druid awesomeness. Granted 8 ranks in knowledge religion is a little tough for Druid without blowing a feat.

Kennisiou
2014-01-16, 03:28 AM
Have you considered taking Spirit Shaman instead of druid and then going into a broader divine prestige class like Sacred Fist? They have the same spell list and Spirit Shaman has a strong mechanic for accessing it. Alternately: aside from shapechange it feels like a lot of the strongest spells for Druid Divine Gishing are level 6 or lower. You can maybe try going Divine Metamagic Chameleon to be a Gish with access to all of those spells on the list and several goodies from Divine Bard, Cleric, Paladin and Ranger as well.

Weirdlet
2014-01-16, 03:37 AM
I believe you can get a variant druid that gives you a monk's speed and wisdom bonus to armor, and a ranger's favored enemies and tracking abilities in exchange for not Wildshaping. It's in the SRD under Variant Classes, or in Unearthed Arcana.

DarkSonic1337
2014-01-16, 04:14 AM
So apparently I can make Spirit Shaman a single casting stat class via Dynamic Priest.

I'm going to use Spirit Shaman with Dynamic Priest as a base, but what are some cool divine gish prestige classes? Sacred Fist looks kinda nifty. If anyone could just point me to a list of prestige classes that advance some divine casting and have 3/4th bab or greater I would very much appreciate it.

Togo
2014-01-16, 05:00 AM
I'd strongly considering sticking with spirit shaman. Some of the later abilities, such as making all weapons ghost touch, turning incorporeal, and maintaining concentration on a spell, are all fairly useful for a gish.

Otherwise, you might want to look at something like stormlord, and reflavour it using the guidelines listed under the PrC.

Petrocorus
2014-01-16, 11:37 AM
edit: Decided to go with Spirit Shaman with Dynamic Priest as the base. Still looking for prestige classes.

And once you're SAD, you can multiclass to a lot of charisma synergizing class and divine gish class. Paladin, Crusader, Ruby Knight Vindicator, Windwalkerand Soldier of Light if 3.0 is allowed, etc... Getting Turn Undead would be good for PrCing.

For instance:

Spirit Shaman 6/ Knight of the Raven 3/ Pr Paladin 2/ Contemplative 2/ KotR +7

Spirit Shaman 8/ Sacred Exorcist 1/ Pr Paladin 2/ Contemplative 2/ KotR 7

Paladin 2 / Spirit Shaman 8 / Windwalker 10

Or Ranger 2 / Spirit Shaman 4 / Windwalker 10 / Other PrC 4 for a more nature oriented without Cha synergy.

Segev
2014-01-16, 11:42 AM
Druid 5->Prestige Ranger 10 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigeRanger)?

You can get in before the Druid ever gets Wild Shape, it gets 5/10 druid casting, and is a full combat-type. You might even be able to talk your DM into letting you have 10/10 casting levels on it, simply because its class features are flat-out weaker than what you're giving up by not staying a Druid.

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-16, 12:16 PM
Honestly, you can do pretty well at low levels with Shillelagh and Brambles/Spikes. Add on buffs from Bite of the X and you're doing pretty well for yourself.

Spirit Shaman with a dip into Sacred Exorcist and Contemplative can pull persistent Divine Power to make up for middlin' BAB, if you'd like.

DarkSonic1337
2014-01-16, 08:21 PM
And once you're SAD, you can multiclass to a lot of charisma synergizing class and divine gish class. Paladin, Crusader, Ruby Knight Vindicator, Windwalkerand Soldier of Light if 3.0 is allowed, etc... Getting Turn Undead would be good for PrCing.

For instance:

Spirit Shaman 6/ Knight of the Raven 3/ Pr Paladin 2/ Contemplative 2/ KotR +7

Spirit Shaman 8/ Sacred Exorcist 1/ Pr Paladin 2/ Contemplative 2/ KotR 7

Paladin 2 / Spirit Shaman 8 / Windwalker 10

Or Ranger 2 / Spirit Shaman 4 / Windwalker 10 / Other PrC 4 for a more nature oriented without Cha synergy.

How does a Spirit Shaman qualify for Sacred Exorcist? Definitely wouldn't mind trying out a ruby knight vindicator build with Spirit Shaman.

Prestige Paladin is something I'll talk to my DM about. Definitely want to tweak it more towards the paladin of freedom paladin variant.

Contemplative looks like a really nice Dip, thanks.

Don't particularly like Knight of the Raven.

Windwalker looks...kinda strong. Full Bab, Full Spellcasting, two free domains (Travel Domain is incredible), and a couple other neat class abilities. Might be a little much for my playgroup. I REALLY like the elemental flavor though.

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-16, 08:47 PM
Use Contemplative or Sovereign Speaker to nab the Good or Balance domain. That'll let you enter Sacred Exorcist.

Petrocorus
2014-01-16, 09:04 PM
How does a Spirit Shaman qualify for Sacred Exorcist? Definitely wouldn't mind trying out a ruby knight vindicator build with Spirit Shaman.

Oups, my bad. I used a builds i had for Favoured Soul, didn't check the spell requirement.

Don't particularly like Knight of the Raven.

Fist of Raziel don't gives Turn Undead. It gives Magic Circle however, so, if you take a dip in Sacred Exorcist...

Windwalker looks...kinda strong. Full Bab, Full Spellcasting, two free domains (Travel Domain is incredible), and a couple other neat class abilities. Might be a little much for my playgroup. I REALLY like the elemental flavor though.

Probably one of the best divine gish PrC out there, and flavorful. I don't know why but i particulary love the fly speed.
Note that it gives access to the spells, not the domain granted powers.