PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 game DM and players join(3-4)

Elysian Blade
2014-01-16, 11:44 AM
Okay I just want to have a game where it starts from level one and can get up to level 20.

I like to have fast games so if you don't post 1 to 2 days please don't apply. Also I would like a game with players that have good exp. with games so it can move on a lot smoother.

As for the dm I would like it if you allow my homebrew class in so I can find out where I need to finish tuning it. And you also need to be exp. and be able to keep the game interesting using monsters we hardly ever see so if you can do that thank you.

Elemental Blade Master (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16781841#post16781841)

Looking forward to your replies.

Von Krieger
2014-01-16, 01:48 PM
I need some things to do, so I'll toss my hat in as a player.

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-01-16, 03:37 PM
Posting for interest as a player pending the big 16.

Rizban
2014-01-16, 03:53 PM
Eh, I was going to throw in as DM, but after looking at that class... I dunno. It's not something I'd allow in my games.

The class is a like a monk with full BAB, even more attacks, better AC, 20+ bonus feats, an area attack ability that makes a vortex with an irresistible reverse bull rush effect, and effective magic resistance/immunity that is unlike anything else in the game and cannot be overcome by any means. There also isn't any fluff or justification for bringing the class together as it is built. It seems to be a collection of unrelated "cool" abilities crammed into a chassis without concern about whether or not it's a coherent concept.

You have some... interesting abilities in the class, but it needs more than just a little bit of fine tuning before I would consider it ready for actual play. Many of the abilities it has aren't even fully fleshed out enough to explain how they work, leaving it up to DM interpetation of how they are intended to function.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-16, 06:19 PM
Eh, I was going to throw in as DM, but after looking at that class... I dunno. It's not something I'd allow in my games.

The class is a like a monk with full BAB, even more attacks, better AC, 20+ bonus feats, an area attack ability that makes a vortex with an irresistible reverse bull rush effect, and effective magic resistance/immunity that is unlike anything else in the game and cannot be overcome by any means. There also isn't any fluff or justification for bringing the class together as it is built. It seems to be a collection of unrelated "cool" abilities crammed into a chassis without concern about whether or not it's a coherent concept.

You have some... interesting abilities in the class, but it needs more than just a little bit of fine tuning before I would consider it ready for actual play. Many of the abilities it has aren't even fully fleshed out enough to explain how they work, leaving it up to DM interpetation of how they are intended to function.

That's what I am going to find out this is the first test play of the class and I have to see how its going to turn out so I need to adjust it the way I stated it was just implying base ideas down now need to fix it up.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-17, 04:41 PM
is this all the interest?:smallconfused:

Zalphon
2014-01-18, 12:58 AM
I'm with Rizban honestly. That class--is something else.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-18, 01:00 AM
thats why i need to play test it and bladestrom is only fir 100ft... I forgot to add that oops. :smallcool:

Zalphon
2014-01-18, 01:03 AM
It just strikes me as unbalanced and full of incoherent abilities.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-18, 01:23 AM
It just strikes me as unbalanced and full of incoherent abilities.
Its a work in progress.

Zalphon
2014-01-18, 01:37 AM
Clean it up a bit, maybe? Have it pick one of four elements and focus on that. Like progressively do more damage with it and get more abilities related to it.

Not the anti-magic stuff or vortexes though.