PDA

View Full Version : Barbie (the doll) build!

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-16, 01:18 PM
Inspired by the other thread of similar name and to avoid more derailment, how would you guys build a character based on the doll.

So far we have these ideas:

Thrallherd using the psionic sandwich doll trick and having little girls as her thralls, prime BBEG material if do say so myself.

Aristocrat for all your npc's needs.

Factotum with a 1/day item of Psionic reformation to change profession on a dime.

Any more ideas?

Trilby
2014-01-16, 01:21 PM
I need to give you a 'less than three' for this, so here goes: <3
I want Factotum!Barbie

dascarletm
2014-01-16, 01:27 PM
Barbie would indeed be a factotum. She is shown to be competent in a wide variety of occupations.

Telonius
2014-01-16, 01:39 PM
Willing Deformity and Deformity (Gaunt) from BoVD might be appropriate.

Leadership to get Ken as a cohort.

Vaz
2014-01-16, 01:52 PM
Thrallherd Psionic Sandwich to literally be the doll?

Derp already included.

wegga77
2014-01-16, 01:59 PM
Ahhhh.... Now I get it. That's very funny actually. :-)

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-16, 02:08 PM
How about factotum 3/telepath 2/thrallherd 10/ telepath +5? Just enough to get 8th level powers, brains over brawn and you get tons of minions. Ken can be your first thrall, probably some sort of melee fighter to protect you while you prepare the ritual to transfer to your mind into a specially prepared construct to house your conciousness so your reign will last forever.

Vaz
2014-01-16, 02:12 PM
Not sure brains over brawn really fits barbie. I mean have you played the games?

Um...

Me neither...

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-16, 02:15 PM
I was just going for a semi-decent build, you can always drop 2 levels and then you get 9th level powers.

Chronos
2014-01-16, 02:17 PM
She's definitely some sort of jack-of-all-trades, but intelligence doesn't fit her as well as charisma does. Bard, maybe?

Kaje
2014-01-16, 02:17 PM
Yeah, can we give her a CHA-base instead of INT? Does Thrallherd work with Wilder?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-16, 02:21 PM
It works, you loose some overall power but it definitely fits better.

Hangwind
2014-01-16, 02:27 PM
With the idea of flexibility and being a CHA-based build, wouldn't Binder be a better fit?

Definitely need to suppress the sign though.:smallbiggrin:

nedz
2014-01-16, 02:54 PM
Urban Druid who Wildshapes into a Construct.

or

Warforged, with the plastic plating feat, Factotum / Exemplar

Ken is just too boring I'm afraid.

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-16, 02:57 PM
CHA-based and INT-based spellcasting both depend on the concept of what we're building. Is she an evil being who controls people while being a seemingly common doll? Or is she a D&D adaptation of the character portrayed in media?

The former case obviously requires high INT, though I wouldn't dump CHA.

The later case calls of CHA heavily, as you well noted, dumping INT or not depends if you're going Factorum/Chameleon, obviously. (She also needs Deformity Gaunt, no matter what)

Either way let's settle for one concept or the other, not both, or we'll end up with a weird mash.

EDIT: Ken is a straight Paladin. And I mean "Straight" as in, he doesn't multiclass.

EDIT2: http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/183/2/6/detail_neptune_fantasy_barbie_by_snowdreamuu-d3kqbsn.jpg

Telonius
2014-01-16, 03:04 PM
If Barbie has Deformity: Gaunt, Ken would have to be a Paladin of Tyranny or Slaughter.

Shining Wrath
2014-01-16, 03:11 PM
Barbie would indeed be a factotum. She is shown to be competent in a wide variety of occupations.

None involving math, though. Algebra is hard.

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-16, 03:17 PM
If Barbie has Deformity: Gaunt, Ken would have to be a Paladin of Tyranny or Slaughter.

He can be a classic one:

"But your aura is pulsating red! Red means evil, my dad used to tell me all the time!"
"Ken, Dear. We have talked about this. You suffer from daltonism"
"Ohhhhhhhhhh. You're right Barbie, you're always right and you're so smart and beautiful, that's why I love you."

Zweisteine
2014-01-16, 03:22 PM
Barbie is the type of person with a Charisma so high that it loops back around to the bottom. As in, she's so incredibly beautiful/charming that nobody trusts her at all. Either that, or she's beautiful/charming to the point of being creepy. Mind you, to call Barbie beautiful is a stretch by any sense of the word.

For race, possibly Amminon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310945). They've got the too-skinny thing down pat. The extra-dimensional spaces are filled with items to boost whatever skill she needs at any given time, explaining the changing professions.

Maybe she's a Succubus Polymorphed (via PAO) into a human. Duration factor 9 reached by same/lower intelligence (+2), same size (+2), same kingdom (+5). Of course, there's a good bit of rules-lawyering involved, saying a succubus and a human are of the same kingdom, but the spell lists only three: animal, plant, and mineral. It says "etc" after the list for same class, so one can only assume that there are but the three kingdoms to choose from.

dascarletm
2014-01-16, 03:27 PM
None involving math, though. Algebra is hard.

All I know is that she passed med school at one point (http://www.lynneslovables.com/Toys%20R%20Us/Career%20Collection%20Dr%20Barbie.jpg).

Seems to have specialized as an OBGYN

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-16, 03:27 PM
Maybe she's a Succubus Polymorphed (vie PAO) into a human. Duration factor 9 reached by same/lower intelligence (+2), same size (+2), same kingdom (+5). Of course, there's a good bit or rules-lawyering involved, saying a succubus and a human are of the same kingdom, but the spell lists only three: animal, plant, and mineral. It says "etc" after the list for same class, so one can only assume that there are but the three kingdoms to choose from.

That is so classic medieval science. Minerals are not even alive. Well I guess it's alright when there are things like Warforged running around.

Slipperychicken
2014-01-16, 04:22 PM
Ken is just too boring I'm afraid.

Maybe Ken is just a regular follower, while her "real" cohort is G.I. Joe, who is actually good at fighting?

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-16, 04:25 PM
Maybe Ken is just a regular follower, while her "real" cohort is G.I. Joe, who is actually good at fighting?

We are reaching whole new levels now.

How would you guys do G.I. Joe? (Actually I never touched one, around here the popular dude is Max Steel).

I liked Ken as an Int 3 LG Paladin though...

Magatsu Izanagi
2014-01-16, 06:41 PM
How would you guys do G.I. Joe? (Actually I never touched one, around here the popular dude is Max Steel).
If we can use PF and d20 Modern stuff, first instinct would be to go for trench fighter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/trench-fighter), with the trench warfare bonuses applying to specific firearm models (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/weapons.html#rangedweapons). G.I. Joe would also need some sort of unarmed combat capability, but would a monk dip really be worth it?

Slipperychicken
2014-01-16, 07:00 PM
If we can use PF and d20 Modern stuff, first instinct would be to go for trench fighter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/trench-fighter), with the trench warfare bonuses applying to specific firearm models (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/weapons.html#rangedweapons). G.I. Joe would also need some sort of unarmed combat capability, but would a monk dip really be worth it?

He's from a "guns everywhere" setting, so Gunslinger 1 would get him Dex to damage again. He's probably using some kind of magic Pepperbox Rifle, the Modern Firearms (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms) rules, or the d20 modern firearms rules.

grarrrg
2014-01-16, 10:44 PM
Inspired by the other thread of similar name and to avoid more derailment, how would you guys build a character based on the doll.

I feel very directly responsible for the existence of this thread.

Also responsible for the mass derailing of the last thread

Any more ideas?

Well, the classes are pretty well down. "Jack of all Trades" type stuff.

What about stats?

Charisma: Main stat. First and foremost she is a fashion diva. She has got it "going on". She has also been a rockstar, and more princesses than I can name (the kid, she has DVD's...).

Intelligence: Above-average to High, she has got SKILLS man, she can do _anything_. Chick has had more jobs than freakin Mario!

Strength: Average, none of her jobs are very physical, and she is pretty dang skinny, not a lot of muscle bulk there (muscle tone yes, heck yes).

Constitution: Above Average, between the aerobics, the bicycling, the horseback riding the....she has good stamina and could jazzercize you like you wouldn't believe.

Wisdom: I got nothing.

Dexterity: This one could go either way.
If we're playing up the "doll" angle, then her DEX should be about a 2 > lack of points of articulation.
If we're going 'realistic-ish' (or using one of the more bendy 'aerobics' dolls), then this could be almost as high as her CHA score.

How would you guys do G.I. Joe?
He's from a "guns everywhere" setting, so Gunslinger 1 would get him Dex to damage again.
I wouldn't bother trying to get DEX to damage. With a penalty that big G.I.Joe would NEVER kill anything...
Cartoon accuracy joke!

Rubik
2014-01-16, 11:12 PM
And Barbie does, of course, ride a kickass flutter pony from G1 MLP (the show was surprisingly grim, and it had more on-screen deaths than any other children's show of the '80s, as far as I know), and GI Joe should have a Transformer for his vehicle/siege weapon of choice.

A unicorn nomad and a warforged egoist, for super-mobility teleportation and more-than-meets-the-eye goodness we all love, respectively?