PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for Wizard spells similar to "Create Crawling Claw"

kkplx
2014-01-16, 02:01 PM
Hey there

Building my Necro-themed Wizard I stumbled upon the Create Crawling Claws spell, and have since upset my party with hand-gathering antics and a pit filled with the critters :)

I'm not as much looking for ways to create the most effective army as I am trying to find more spells that create permanent/very long duration creatures that need little upkeep.

Any pointers? =)

Slipperychicken
2014-01-16, 03:57 PM
I'm not as much looking for ways to create the most effective army as I am trying to find more spells that create permanent/very long duration creatures that need little upkeep.

Valiant Steed (Sanctified* 6) calls up a pegasus or unicorn who serves you for a year. The pegasus is more useful as a mount, while the unicorn has nice healing powers.

Cry of Ysgard (Sanctified* 7) calls up bariaur defenders of Ysgard (CR 9 beatsticks from BoED), who serve for up to a year. However, they're intelligent and can refuse tasks.

*(any non-evil prepared spellcaster can prepare and cast sanctified spells)

The spells Call [Dretch Horde/Lemure Horde/Nightmare] (each of them Sorc/Wiz 5) summon the indicated creature to serve you for a year.

Grim Revenge (Sorc/Wiz 4) tears the hand off a living subject and makes it beat him to death. The hand floats in the air and uses Wight statistics, and exists permanently.

Vaz
2014-01-16, 06:13 PM
Animate Dread Warrior creates an Undead that is under your control, retains its abilities it had when it died, and doesn't count against your HD limit for controlling undead.

It's a Sor/Wiz 6th level spell, Unapproachable East IIRC.

Get it as an SLA (become Necropolitan, and become Spellstitched yourself with that as the 6th level SLA) and you're cooking with gas.