PDA

View Full Version : Snow Tiger Berserker on Tigers

GhengisConrad
2014-01-16, 04:00 PM
Benefit:
You may make a full attack as part of a charge action, but only if you are armed with a light weapon. (If you have light weapons in both hands, you may strike with both under the normal rules for fighting with two weapons.

I seem to recall natural weapons being considered light weapons... am I right about that?

Can I use this feat to attack with claws, bites, gores, tentacles, etc.?

CyberThread
2014-01-16, 04:06 PM
what is the snow tiger beserker from?

GhengisConrad
2014-01-16, 04:14 PM
unapproachable east

Rebel7284
2014-01-16, 04:15 PM
Isn't it a regional feat in one of the faerun books?

edit: swordsaged.

Anyway, I do recall this being the case, but I don't remember where it's written.

Darrin
2014-01-16, 04:45 PM
I seem to recall natural weapons being considered light weapons... am I right about that?

PHB p. 102, last sentence of "Weapon Finesse". (Although why they put that *there* and nowhere else is somewhat puzzling.)

Can I use this feat to attack with claws, bites, gores, tentacles, etc.?

RAW may be a little tricky here.

"You may make a full attack as part of a charge action, but only if you are armed with a light weapon." (emphasis added, Unapproachable East p. 45)

This is singular, so this may mean you only get a full attack if you are armed with a single light weapon. The use of the word "armed" (rather than "wielded") may also be pertinent:

"a creature with claws, fangs, and similar natural physical weapons all count as being armed" (PHB p. 139)

The second part of Snow Tiger Berzerker may have more wiggle room:

"If you have light weapons in both hands, you may strike with both under the normal rules for fighting with two weapons." (emphasis added)

Since TWF can only be used as part of a full attack... yes, with two light weapons in hand, you get a full pounce attack.

So... with that in mind... ok, single light weapon = full attack pounce, two light weapons = full attack pounce, and there's nothing in here that restricts secondary attacks, so if all you have are light weapons, this works just as well as Spirit Lion Totem.

This means you can grab Roofwalker at Barbarian 1 without the prereqs. You don't get Roof-Jumper as a bonus feat, but if you stick with Barbarian 6, you can take it without the prereqs. Hmm... so 5 levels of Barbarian lets you skip two crappy feats, or two levels of Monk/Fighter/PsyWar lets you grab Dodge/Mobility. Make of that what you will.

Hmm. I think you can use two dragonsplits (MMIV) or Oversize TWF here. While dragonsplits and Oversize TWF don't specifically mention that they work with Snow Tiger Berzerker, "under the normal rules for two-weapon fighting" then those weapons are considered light.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-16, 04:45 PM
I mean, basically this is 'Pounce', but you can't use medium or heavy weapons, right?

SRD under Weapon Finesse describes Natural Weapons as Light Weapons, but I wonder if that is just in the context of Weapon Finesse or not....

Darrin
2014-01-16, 04:55 PM
I mean, basically this is 'Pounce', but you can't use medium or heavy weapons, right?

Can't use one-handed or two-handed weapons, yes. Although I think dragonsplits and Oversize TWF will work with Snow Tiger Berzerker by RAW (because of the text "under the normal rules for two-weapon fighting").

SRD under Weapon Finesse describes Natural Weapons as Light Weapons, but I wonder if that is just in the context of Weapon Finesse or not....

Natural weapons are always considered light. It's mentioned elsewhere... Power Attack, for example. Probably somewhere in the MM as well, but I don't feel like looking it up at the moment.