yay!

Gelatinous Orb
LARGE OOZE
HD 4d10+28 (50 hp)
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares)
Init: +4
AC 19 (-1 size, +6 Dex, +4 deflection*); touch 19/15; flat-footed 13
BAB +3; Grp +7
Attack Slam +8 melee (1d6, 20/x2 + 1d6 acid)
Full-Attack Slam +8 melee (1d6, 20/x2 + 1d6 acid)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Roll, Overrun, Acid, Engulf, Paralysis
Special Qualities Blindsight 120 ft., immunity to electricity, ooze traits, transparent, round
Saves Fort +8 Ref +7 Will -4
Abilities Str 10, Dex 22, Con 25, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills -
Feats *Weapon Finesse
Environment Underground
Organization Solitary or Swarm(2-4)
Challenge Rating 4
Treasure 1/10th coins; 50% goods (no nonmetal or nonstone); 50% items (no nonmetal or nonstone)
Alignment Always Neutral
Advancement 5-6 HD (Large); 7-15 HD (Huge); 16-18 HD (Gargantuan)
Level Adjustment -

This creature looks like a thick sphere of quivering, transparent protoplasm.

The nearly Transparent Gelatinous Orb travels quickly along dungeon corridors and cave floors, absorbing carrion, creatures, and trash. Inorganic material can remain trapped and visible inside the orbs body.
A typical gelatinous orb has a 10 foot diameter and weighs about 10,000 pounds, though much larger specimens are not unknown.

Combat:

A gelatinous orb attacks by slamming its body into its prey. It is capable of lashing out with a pseudopod, but usually overruns and engulfs foes.
Acid (Ex): A gelatinous orbs acid does not harm metal or stone.
Roll (Ex): A gelatinous orb is swift and round and can once per minute use its great mass in conjunction with its shape to roll quickly making a charge attack that can turn corners and go up walls as long as it ends its movement on the ground, when using this power the gelatinous orb can move up to 200 feet.
Overrun (Ex): A gelatinous orb moves quickly and often mows down its opponents knocking them to the ground where they can be easily absorbed. A gelatinous orb is considered to have the improved overrun feat for these purposes and its momentum grants it an additional +4 on the overrun check in addition to threatening any knocked down opponents with engulfing.
Engulf (Ex): A medium or smaller creature caught underneath a gelatinous orb may be engulfed. The orb cannot make any slam attacks on a round when it attempts to engulf a creature. Opponents must succeed on a DC 15 reflex save or be engulfed. On a success they are simply run over taking 2d6 bludgeoning damage plus 1d6 acid damage. Engulfed creatures are subject to the cubes paralysis and acid and are considered to be grappled and trapped within its body.
Paralysis (Ex): A gelatinous orb secretes an anesthetizing slime. A target hit by an orb's melee or overrun attack must succeed on a DC 19 Fortitude save or be paralyzed for 2d6 rounds. The orb automatically engulfs paralyzed opponents.
Transparent (Ex): Gelatinous orbs are hard to see, even under ideal conditions, and it takes a dc 15 spot check to notice one. Creatures who fail to notice an orb and walk into it are automatically engulfed. An orb that is moving is only dc 10 to spot.
Round (Ex): Because of its roundness many blows glance off of a gelatinous orb, it gains a +4 deflection bonus to its armor class from this effect against physical attacks only. It is also incapable of being knocked prone.

okay thats my gelatinous orb wadda ya think?

Latronis
2007-01-23, 05:24 AM
I love it!

though does it really need or warrant blindsight 120? 60 seems fine to me

Also i'm kinda in two minds about the reflex save i would think avoiding an orb would be easier then a cube but then again it does move quicker

Icewalker
2007-01-23, 07:29 PM
heh, "quivering, transparent protoplasm."

I like the idea, a fast gelatinous cube. By the way theres a sort of typo. As I would guess you are taking several of the abilities straight from gelatinous cube, you forgot to change a word:
Engulfed creatures are subject to the cubes paralysis

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-01-23, 09:39 PM
I like. Imagine fighting one in a tunnel just big enough for the orb to roll through - that could be pretty cool.

Icewalker
2007-01-23, 11:49 PM
Oooh, or like in the Indiana Jones movie, or any stereotypical temple of doom EVER, it could be rolling down a slope at you, and you might not even see it, then it eats you / you run from it. Good times.

Darkshade
2007-01-26, 12:45 AM
I love it!

though does it really need or warrant blindsight 120? 60 seems fine to me

Also i'm kinda in two minds about the reflex save i would think avoiding an orb would be easier then a cube but then again it does move quicker

i felt that the increased blindsight was warranted by its speed, a cube only needs to see 60' cuz thats farther then it can travel in a round, if the cube cant see at least as far as it can doulbe move then id think it owuld move slower... or something to that effect