PDA

View Full Version : Automated Character Sheet

Jett Midknight
2014-01-16, 09:12 PM
Hello everyone, I have recently undergone an ambitious side project of trying to create an entirely automated character sheet in excel. I know there are probably much better ones out there than mine could ever be, but I thought "What the hell, it will be fun." Well around 25 hours later I present to you a rough version that I could use some help with. I know my code probably has tons of bugs and errors that can only be found through use. I also have run out of basic features to implement and have sort of hit a wall. Any ideas for features I could add would be greatly appreciated.

As this Spreadsheet was originally made for players with a minimal knowledge of D&D I have not yet added in cross-classing capabilities. Most of the cells are locked so that players wouldn't actually kill a formula in a cell. The cells that allow user input are bolded. I thank you in advance for anyone who is willing to help me in this project.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/onznmc9i14jpg1y/Character+Sheet+6.1.xlsx

Crake
2014-01-16, 09:27 PM
I strongly suggest you check out Heroforge and save yourself from reinventing the wheel.

Zweisteine
2014-01-16, 09:58 PM
Ooh, ooh, ooh! :smallsmile:

Don't forget to add easy-to-locate sections for soulmelds, essentia, chakra binds, other Magic of Incarnum stuff, maneuvers, stances, delayed damage, other Tome of Battle stuff, bound vestiges, related bonuses, shadow magic stuff, truenaming stuff, other Tome of Magic Stuff, power points, powers known, other Expanded Psionics Handbook stuff, Invocations, other Complete series stuff, and stuff from
Book of Exalted Deeds, Cityscape, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, Complete Champion, Complete Divine, Complete Mage, Complete Psionic, Complete Scoundrel, Complete Warrior, D&D Basic Game, Draconomicon, Dragon Magic, Drow of the Underdark, Dungeon Master's Guide, Dungeon Master's Guide II, Dungeon Survival Guide, Dungeonscape, Elder Evils, Exemplars of Evil, Fiendish Codex I, Fiendish Codex II, Frostburn, Heroes of Battle, Heroes of Horror, Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness, Magic Item Compendium, Miniatures Handbook, Monster Manual, Monster Manual III, Monster Manual IV, Monster Manual V, Planar Handbook, Player's Handbook, Player's Handbook II, Races Gift Set, Races of Destiny, Races of Stone, Races of the Dragon, Races of the Wild, Rules Compendium, Sandstorm, Savage Species, Special Edition Dungeon Master's Guide, Special Edition Monster Manual, Special Edition Player's Handbook, Spell Compendium, Stormwrack, Unearthed Arcana, Weapons of Legacy, Champions of Ruin, Champions of Valor, City of Splendors: Waterdeep, City of Stormreach, Dragonlance Campaign Setting, Dragonmarked, Dragons of Eberron, Dragons of Faerūn, Eberron Campaign Setting, Eberron Survival Guide, Explorer's Handbook, Faiths of Eberron, Five Nations, Grand History of the Realms, Lost Empires of Faerūn, Magic of Eberron, Magic of Faerūn, Mysteries of the Moonsea, Player's Guide to Eberron, Player's Guide to Faerūn, Power of Faerūn, Races of Eberron, Secrets of Sarlona, Secrets of Xen'drik, Serpent Kingdoms, Sharn:City of Towers, Shining South, The Forge of War, Unapproachable East, and Underdark. :smallamused:
Items listed outside of spoiler not repeated within.
When you are done with that, we will worship you as a god, and you will have a permanent place among the Great Optimizers, even if you never optimized a character in your life.

You'd better get working.

Good luck. :smallwink:

Jett Midknight
2014-01-19, 03:26 PM
Ooh, ooh, ooh! :smallsmile:

Don't forget to add easy-to-locate sections for soulmelds, essentia, chakra binds, other Magic of Incarnum stuff, maneuvers, stances, delayed damage, other Tome of Battle stuff, bound vestiges, related bonuses, shadow magic stuff, truenaming stuff, other Tome of Magic Stuff, power points, powers known, other Expanded Psionics Handbook stuff, Invocations, other Complete series stuff, and stuff from
Book of Exalted Deeds, Cityscape, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, Complete Champion, Complete Divine, Complete Mage, Complete Psionic, Complete Scoundrel, Complete Warrior, D&D Basic Game, Draconomicon, Dragon Magic, Drow of the Underdark, Dungeon Master's Guide, Dungeon Master's Guide II, Dungeon Survival Guide, Dungeonscape, Elder Evils, Exemplars of Evil, Fiendish Codex I, Fiendish Codex II, Frostburn, Heroes of Battle, Heroes of Horror, Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness, Magic Item Compendium, Miniatures Handbook, Monster Manual, Monster Manual III, Monster Manual IV, Monster Manual V, Planar Handbook, Player's Handbook, Player's Handbook II, Races Gift Set, Races of Destiny, Races of Stone, Races of the Dragon, Races of the Wild, Rules Compendium, Sandstorm, Savage Species, Special Edition Dungeon Master's Guide, Special Edition Monster Manual, Special Edition Player's Handbook, Spell Compendium, Stormwrack, Unearthed Arcana, Weapons of Legacy, Champions of Ruin, Champions of Valor, City of Splendors: Waterdeep, City of Stormreach, Dragonlance Campaign Setting, Dragonmarked, Dragons of Eberron, Dragons of Faerūn, Eberron Campaign Setting, Eberron Survival Guide, Explorer's Handbook, Faiths of Eberron, Five Nations, Grand History of the Realms, Lost Empires of Faerūn, Magic of Eberron, Magic of Faerūn, Mysteries of the Moonsea, Player's Guide to Eberron, Player's Guide to Faerūn, Power of Faerūn, Races of Eberron, Secrets of Sarlona, Secrets of Xen'drik, Serpent Kingdoms, Sharn:City of Towers, Shining South, The Forge of War, Unapproachable East, and Underdark. :smallamused:
Items listed outside of spoiler not repeated within.
When you are done with that, we will worship you as a god, and you will have a permanent place among the Great Optimizers, even if you never optimized a character in your life.

You'd better get working.

Good luck. :smallwink:

I.....I don't know what any of those are....

Gemini476
2014-01-19, 03:42 PM
I.....I don't know what any of those are....

Splatbook things. Or just a list of splatbooks, if you mean the contents of the spoiler.

Really though, that's something that you need to include if you want to make a remotely usable character sheet.

(I'd like to note that HeroForge is also not exactly perfect. It's missing a great deal of material, which is annoying.)

Slide
2014-01-19, 05:26 PM
Step 1: Download Heroforge.

Step 2: Pick it apart, see how everything works.

Step 3: Add everything else you can think of to that sheet.

Some of the stuff in there, I don't even know what it *means*. Where the heck is Friar from anyway?

unseenmage
2014-01-20, 12:14 AM
And put sourcebooks and page numbers on everything. Yes i'm talking about blanks on the sheet with a word for what goes there followed by a parenthetical note of where that info can be found in a book.

Would save us all some trouble with 'I don't know what these spaces on this sheet are for.' comments.

Rastapopolos
2014-01-20, 10:06 AM
situational modifiers... urrrgghhh... I once made an exel sheet for a shade character I was playing (thier stats completly change when theyre in light or dark). It was the biggest ballache ever. Like entering the matrix. Got it done eventually though... I'll see if I can look it out. I cant really advise you on the sheet youve made atm coz im at work but will DL it when I get home and have a look-see.