PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Anti Paladin Help

Oudyn
2014-01-16, 09:16 PM
I am thinking of creating an Anti Paladin character, as you have probably guessed from the title. For the character building, I have seen most guides suggest you dump wisdom or intelligence. Wisdom I am fine to dump, but the character's personality ensures that he would probably want a high intelligence.

He genuinely believes that the weak should grow to be strong on their own or die trying. He shuns helping others as they will grow to rely on aid. Paladins are idealists and he is a realist. Their so called "virtues" of honor, chivalry, loyalty and kindness mean nothing in the real world. Those they help could just as soon stab them in the back for it.

What I am not sure, however, is how well this character would fit into a good party or how to actually go about building him. I know I want a high Charisma and social skills to convince others of the "truth" of his cause. I also need high physical stats for combat and at least an average intelligence not to become the "Party Idiot". I have considered the Knight of the Sepulcher Archetype but am unsure. I want him to wield a greatsword, even though most recommend an axe or falchion. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Oudyn

Spore
2014-01-16, 11:08 PM
With your attitude you won't really be getting any great help from your group so I would strongly suggest a Dhampir. They can heal themselves with their touch of corruption which is a plus already. But I would really love a Sword and Shield Antipaladin because the AP really profits here. They deal good damage and debuffs with their offensive Touch of Corruption and not getting hit spending the time after battle lecturing the wounded "weaklings" would really work in your case.

If you want a realist that is believable you shouldn't get a demon as your fiendish boon but I wouldn't suggest a weapon bond either. You'd fare the best with a fiendish animal tbh to not be kicked out of every major settlement (because people will fear your demon but they most likely won't even have the Knowledge Planes to know that your horse/cat/boar is a fiend).