PDA

View Full Version : Making Pimp Gambit

Vhaidara
2014-01-17, 12:39 AM
Idea a friend of mine had during our session tonight: Pimp Gambit (The X-Men character who used playing cards as weapons)

Requirements
1. Leadership feat, used to become a pimp
2. Fancy purple robes
3. A swordcane
4. Must be able to make it rain death, specifically by throwing money

Preferences
Ability Score priority order: Cha, Int, Dex, Str, Con, Wis
Not a full caster (I add this to everything because full casters make everything too easy :smalltongue:)

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-17, 01:13 AM
1. Factotum
2. (Greater) Manyshot + Cunning Surge = all the throwing attacks! Use Knowledge Devotion + Collector of Stories (a skill trick) to boost damage
3. Beg to import the Throw Anything (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/throw-anything-combat---final)feat from Pathfinder
4. ???
5. Profit

TheMonocleRogue
2014-01-17, 01:41 AM
2. Four words: Robe of Scintillating Colors (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/robe-of-scintillating-colors)

It's perfect

Vhaidara
2014-01-17, 05:18 PM
Oh, that is good. The guy who wants to do this is currently playing a factotum.

Any other quality flat damage buffs anyone can think of?

Throw anything is also in Complete Warrior. You just don't get +1 to hit with splash weapons.

!!!

Get Leadership, make money, kill people with money with money for money.

@TMR: Such swag, so scintillating. Much approve.

Uncle Pine
2014-01-17, 06:02 PM
How much damage do you want to deal? Because you could dip Hulking Hurler to throw really dense coins to your enemy. You might need 4 levels of Bloodstorm Blade if you don't want to drag around several massive coins around.
You know, I'll probably use this character as a villain/importan NPC in a future campaign. A dude who always flips in his hand a coin made of the most dense material of the multiverse and throws it as a weapon would be really cool. Who knew that BIG MONEY could hurt so much?

EDIT: Now I only need to figure out what's the most dense material of the multiverse.