PDA

View Full Version : Factotum 3

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-17, 10:58 AM
How good is factotum 3 for a build? (it isnt int based but itl have it as a secondary stat)

Fouredged Sword
2014-01-17, 11:05 AM
That depends on the build. It can be worth 15 or so feats, (mostly skill focuses) or be near worthless. Something like that cannot be judged in a vacuum.

Rebel7284
2014-01-17, 11:05 AM
Depends on the build. Typically useful, but of course it doesn't advance casting. =)

OldTrees1
2014-01-17, 11:08 AM
All skill will have been class skills (raises the maximum ranks)
6+Int skill points for each level
d8 HD for each level
Add Int to Str and Dex skill/ability checks
3/encounter:
Add Int to attack, damage or save roll
Add class level to a skill check.
Add Int to AC vs 1 foe for 1 round
Trapfinding
1 1st level spell/day

So unless you are focused on Str/Dex skills and have a good Int, I would not bother taking exactly 3 levels of Factotum.

Jeff the Green
2014-01-17, 11:30 AM
All skill will have been class skills (raises the maximum ranks)
6+Int skill points for each level
d8 HD for each level
Add Int to Str and Dex skill checks
3/encounter:
Add Int to attack, damage or save roll
Add class level to a skill check.
Add Int to AC vs 1 foe for 1 round
Trapfinding
1 1st level spell/day

So unless you are focused on Str/Dex skills and have a good Int, I would not bother taking exactly 3 levels of Factotum.

It's not just skills. It's also initiative, trip, bull rush, smashing things, disarm, and overrun. So unless you have something else to progress, it's not a bad option for a melee fighter with decent Intelligence.

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-17, 11:35 AM
It's not just skills. It's also initiative, trip, bull rush, smashing things, disarm, and overrun. So unless you have something else to progress, it's not a bad option for a melee fighter with decent Intelligence.

Yea, skills and initiative are pretty much the thing. I wanna know how well it scales later on though. Gonna go chameleon 10, so int will be in... somewhere. But I wanna know if its that great, since I could take 3 lvls of feat rogue for some more skill points and craven/penetrating strike, as well as skills.

(Im gonna be taking 2 of the entry lvls as a cloistered cleric and a sneak attack fighter for the craven part).

I was planning a melee fighter than can throw small knives/shuriken at decent ranges (100ft perhaps?)

Fouredged Sword
2014-01-17, 11:49 AM
Well, the bonus will be your starting INT + 3 (get a +6 item for that +3)

That is a lot for the saves. +5 is a big deal on the right save, even at high levels. Initiative is big as well, +5 is a +25% chance of going first bonus.

It is enough to matter at any level. Some of the bonuses, like the +class level to skill bonuses, are most felt at early levels. Others, like the save bonuses, are felt more later..

OldTrees1
2014-01-17, 11:51 AM
It's not just skills. It's also initiative, trip, bull rush, smashing things, disarm, and overrun.

Thanks for the correction. Now fixed.

So unless you have something else to progress, it's not a bad option for a melee fighter with decent Intelligence.

Why wouldn't you have something else to progress? There are plenty of class features for melee characters that are loads better than +numbers.