PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed Swordsage where is it

kpumphre
2014-01-17, 02:43 PM
So I've seen this mentioned but can not find can someone tell me which book this is in. I heard it was mentioned in TOB but can not find it.

awa
2014-01-17, 02:44 PM
its a variant of the sword sage class

Red Fel
2014-01-17, 02:47 PM
It's not a proper variant; it's listed as an "Adaptation" in the description of the Swordsage class.

Re-read the class description, you'll see it under the heading "Adaptation."

Unfortunately, ToB suffered from some bad editing/writing, which means that the Unarmed Swordsage, like the Arcane Swordsage also listed in the adaptation section, is extremely vague, and not remotely as statted-out as people would like. Nor was it addressed in the (incomplete) ToB errata. The end result is a general suggestion of a Swordsage who loses armor proficiency but gains a Monk's unarmed strike progression, whatever that means.

kpumphre
2014-01-17, 02:47 PM
Ok but where is the variant located?

Edit thanks red fel

FullStop
2014-01-17, 02:48 PM
its a variant of the sword sage class

To elaborate: There isn't an official version of it written up anywhere, but there's a section in the Swordsage class description in the Tome of Battle headed "adaptation" giving suggestions as to how you might mess with the base class to do some interesting stuff. I believe the suggestion it gives for making a monk-ish Unarmed Swordsage is to drop the sage's light armor proficiency and add the monk's unarmed strike progression/Improved Unarmed Strike. Basically it'd function like an ACF.

EDIT: swordsaged in a swordsage thread, how appropriate.