PDA

View Full Version : Help me with classes in pathfinder

Archeryhuntr
2014-01-17, 03:55 PM
Hey guys I am playing pathfinder and the dm sent me on a mission to humble one of the other players (goblin alchemist) and told me to make the most broken thing I could in the attempt to show him that he is over confident of having the strongest possible toon. Any advice on what to make? 24 point but in at lvl 2 any class or race.

Jacob.Tyr
2014-01-17, 04:49 PM
Hey guys I am playing pathfinder and the dm sent me on a mission to humble one of the other players (goblin alchemist) and told me to make the most broken thing I could in the attempt to show him that he is over confident of having the strongest possible toon. Any advice on what to make? 24 point but in at lvl 2 any class or race.

Half-ass a druid and you'll embarrass anything an alchemist could do. Also this might belong in the 3.x forums?

Archeryhuntr
2014-01-17, 05:36 PM
The party has a pseudo melee druid with badger companion. I would prefer to use something not know to be over powered. Like a bard that works with a con damage whip and a whip of entangling who is a quickling or something else that is potentially broken that will make this guy realize he can be beaten by a "weaker" class

JHShadon
2014-01-17, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the forum, this would be best in the D&D 3/3.5/d20 subforum because Pathfinder is based off of D&D 3.5 and is very similar, you can ask a mod to move this thread to the subforum by reporting your first post in the topic.

Now for your problem, I admit I don't have much experience with Pathfinder but I've read quite a bit about it and I think a switch-hitter Ranger could be good for this, you can find a build and explanation about it in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324020) just go down to post 11 and you'll find it.

Raimun
2014-01-17, 06:31 PM
Half-Elf Synthetist Summoner?

Just go nuts with natural attacks... and eventually flying and pounce.

While still having spells and such.

Omnipotent_One
2014-01-17, 09:07 PM
At level 2, synthesist isn't worth it. The sheer action economy of having two characters far outweighs the defensive bonuses you get from synthesist.

Make sure your race is something with a strength bonus so you can start with 20 strength. Go Summoner 2, no archetypes. Learn enlarge person. Make your eidolon a biped, pump its strength as high as possible.

Then each of you uses a greatsword.

I guarantee you nothing is better than this build at early levels. The sheer power of having two greatsword attacks, one of which is large, both with massive strength behind them, outweighs pretty much anything any other character can bring to the table damage wise.

Bovine Colonel
2014-01-17, 11:08 PM
At level 2, synthesist isn't worth it. The sheer action economy of having two characters far outweighs the defensive bonuses you get from synthesist.

Make sure your race is something with a strength bonus so you can start with 20 strength. Go Summoner 2, no archetypes. Learn enlarge person. Make your eidolon a biped, pump its strength as high as possible.

Then each of you uses a greatsword.

I guarantee you nothing is better than this build at early levels. The sheer power of having two greatsword attacks, one of which is large, both with massive strength behind them, outweighs pretty much anything any other character can bring to the table damage wise.

It'd probably be better if the summoner uses a morningstar or longspear or something, so that he doesn't have to blow a feat on weapon proficiency.

Amphetryon
2014-01-17, 11:15 PM
Half Orc Inquisitor can be pretty mean at 2nd level if you take the Intimidate route. Prioritize WIS, CHA, STR, CON, INT/DEX in that order, and consider the Torture subdomain.

Raven777
2014-01-18, 03:09 AM
What kind of Alchemist is the other player?

Archeryhuntr
2014-01-19, 01:08 PM
So if I used the dual bastard sword summoner will the eidolon fall off the longer the game goes? Another option was to go a "flank buddy" summoner with a half-ogre and use my eidolon to get flanking for my summoner. If I did this with a 24 point but in what would I try to take in my stats and what feats so I take?

Omnipotent_One
2014-01-21, 02:29 AM
The dual greatsword summoner shines in the early levels. It definitely falls off lategame compared to your standard ball of claws + battlefield control summoner. However, you should still be a force to be reckoned with compared to most characters.

It's simply the nature of Pathfinder that two handed strength based fighters are the strongest characters at early levels, and spellcasters with 9th level spells are the strongest at high levels, with archers hitting their sweet spot somewhere in between.

As you gain levels, the eidolon can really do some crazy things with stacking claw attacks and the summoner spells will become much stronger than physical attacks. Just remember: linear warriors, quadratic wizards.

But it takes a long time to level up and if your DM wants you to humble another player, I'd advise that you go for the strongest possible build that you can do right now.

With 24 points to spend i'd go:

18 Str
14 Dex
14 Con
7 Int
7 Wis
14 Cha

Before modifiers. Definitely get a racial +2 to strength for 20 strength.

Regarding your feat: As half orc you already have greataxe proficiency which is almost as good as greatsword proficiency, so use your feat on Weapon Focus: Greataxe. Also if you're a half orc i'd suggest looking into the blood god disciple archetype. Its class features complement this build nicely without really giving anything critical up.

However if you want to be completely optimal, play a half elf with the ancestral arms alternate racial trait to gain greatsword proficiency and spend your feat on weapon focus: greatsword