PDA

View Full Version : Moon Bolt OP?

cbaidchris
2014-01-17, 06:33 PM
so... Moon Bolt (http://dndtools.eu/spells/spell-compendium--86/moon-bolt--4576/) ... op? seems like it would wreck people? opinions plz

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-17, 06:38 PM
Meh. Mettle may be rare but you still get a save for half str damage. It can only effect 2 people that need to be really close together. There are better spells for disabling larger numbers of foes and by 4th you're getting to actual SoD spells.

pwykersotz
2014-01-17, 06:50 PM
It's powerful, certainly, but it's not OP. At the level you get it, defenses and recovery options for ability damage are common enough. An unsuspecting party sniped by two druids using it though...yeah, that could be brutal.

Agincourt
2014-01-17, 07:05 PM
Isn't the spell description missing something? The target line of the spell suggests that the text will offer further explanation for when you can hit two or more targets, but I do not see anything.

pwykersotz
2014-01-17, 07:18 PM
Isn't the spell description missing something? The target line of the spell suggests that the text will offer further explanation for when you can hit two or more targets, but I do not see anything.

I think the 'see text' is referring to the fact that it has differing effects dependent on what type of creature is targeted. I agree, it is bizarre though.