PDA

View Full Version : Evil Spells

cbaidchris
2014-01-17, 07:51 PM
I'm playing a sorcerer in an evil campaign and I'm wondering what are some evil spells you can think of. Not like corrupt spells or those with the evil descriptor but ones with great evil ideas behind them. For example I like flesh to stone so that I can turn my greatest preys into statues and them shrink them and keep as trophies. Stuff like dominate person and such also obviously have good potential. any other ideas? excruciating painful or cruel damage spells are game too

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-17, 07:58 PM
Mindrape. Yes, it actually does have the evil descriptor but it's seriously a pretty dark thing to do to someone as opposed to spells like Darkbolt that are evil because... they have the [Evil] tag?

EDIT: also there's that spell from BoED that's basically mindrapes people into being good. It even has the good descriptor and it's just as "evil" as anything in BoVD

Zanos
2014-01-17, 08:31 PM
Mindrape. Yes, it actually does have the evil descriptor but it's seriously a pretty dark thing to do to someone as opposed to spells like Darkbolt that are evil because... they have the [Evil] tag?

EDIT: also there's that spell from BoED that's basically mindrapes people into being good. It even has the good descriptor and it's just as "evil" as anything in BoVD
Sanctify the Wicked, showing that Evil Gets It Done Better.

Eternity of Torture is another BoVD spell that does what it says on the tin. It also makes it so the victim doesn't need to eat or drink, so it really is torture, but forever.

Avascular Mass is a great spell that causes the target to purge their blood vessels, which then become magical animate and entangle the target and everyone around them. Great evil flavor.

Blackfire engulfs the creature in black flames that do continuous con damage, and consume the victims soul if they die to it. Can also spread to adjacent targets.

Flensing literally flays the target alive, dealing HP, Cha, and Con damage.

The Blistering Spell metamagic increases the damage of fire spells it's used with slightly, and makes them cause so much direct pain to the subject that they take -2 to attack rolls and "checks" for a turn.

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-17, 08:33 PM
Sanctify the Wicked, showing that Evil Gets It Done Better.

Eternity of Torture is another BoVD spell that does what it says on the tin. It also makes it so the victim doesn't need to eat or drink, so it really is torture, but forever.

Avascular Mass is a great spell that causes the target to purge their blood vessels, which then become magical animate and entangle the target and everyone around them. Great evil flavor.

Blackfire engulfs the creature in black flames that do continuous con damage, and consume the victims soul if they die to it. Can also spread to adjacent targets.

Flensing literally flays the target alive, dealing HP, Cha, and Con damage.

The Blistering Spell metamagic increases the damage of fire spells it's used with slightly, and makes them cause so much direct pain to the subject that they take -2 to attack rolls and "checks" for a turn.

Excellent calls. Especially on Mass Avasculate. I'm not sure it's good enough to use over just plain jane Avasculate but it sure is a cool visual for someone whos trying to be evil for the evilness of it.

Dalebert
2014-01-17, 10:17 PM
PF has a lot of spells that seem particularly evil. A lot of them are on the witch list.

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-17, 10:20 PM
PF has a lot of spells that seem particularly evil. A lot of them are on the witch list.

The most evil thing pathfinder did with spells was nerf a bunch of the cool ones.

Slipperychicken
2014-01-17, 10:42 PM
Grim Revenge (Sorc/Wiz 4, BoVD) tears the hand off a living subject and makes it beat him to death. The hand floats in the air, uses Wight stats, and exists permanently. I don't think the hand is under the caster's control, so it could theoretically wander off long after the battle's done and start a Wightpocalypse.

ryu
2014-01-17, 10:46 PM
Grim Revenge (Sorc/Wiz 4, BoVD) tears the hand off a living subject and makes it beat him to death. The hand floats in the air, uses Wight stats, and exists permanently. I don't think the hand is under the caster's control, so it could theoretically wander off long after the battle's done and start a Wightpocalypse.

And of course the caster of this spell is morally bound to tell the victim to stop hitting themselves.

Slipperychicken
2014-01-17, 10:52 PM
And of course the caster of this spell is morally bound to tell the victim to stop hitting themselves.

From now on, I proclaim "Stop hitting yourself" to be the verbal component to Grim Revenge.

Dalebert
2014-01-17, 11:34 PM
I don't think the hand is under the caster's control, so it could theoretically wander off long after the battle's done and start a Wightpocalypse.

Ah, but presumably you could take control of it through whatever means used to control undead. But... then what? What are its stats, abilities, etc.? Can it fly? Can it only hover at about medium size height off the ground? Is it intelligent? Is it like a crawling hand from PF?

Slipperychicken
2014-01-17, 11:48 PM
Ah, but presumably you could take control of it through whatever means used to control undead. But... then what? What are its stats, abilities, etc.? Can it fly? Can it only hover at about medium size height off the ground? Is it intelligent? Is it like a crawling hand from PF?

From the spell description:

The hand attacks as if it were a wight (see the Monster Manual) in terms of its statistics, special attacks, and special qualities, except that it is considered Tiny and gains a +4 bonus to AC and a +4 bonus on attack rolls.
The hand can be turned or rebuked as a wight.

Since Wights don't have fly speeds by default, I guess the hovering is just fluff.

Clistenes
2014-01-18, 07:24 AM
A spell that I can't understand why it is considered evil: Charnel Fire, from Vile Darkness...

It's a touch spell that destroys undead forever (f*ck you, vampire, no coffin for you!) and that also incinerates dead bodies, so they can't turn into undead.

The only evil thing about it is that its Casting Time is of 1 minute long, so it is of use only against undead if they have been somehow held down or restrained, so you would be executing a prisioner...but most good people don't consider undead as people, anyways, so that would make it just uneffective, no evil.

Dalebert
2014-01-18, 09:56 AM
You're talking to a bunch of hyper-optimizers. Ineffective IS evil. :smallamused: