PDA

View Full Version : The Zephyr [Base Class] [W.I.P] [PEACH]

Chaotic Chewy
2014-01-17, 09:26 PM
Put a quote by or about a member of your class here!

Your a constantly moving tank of momentum and nimble power. You prove that it sometimes takes more than hard head and fist to take down your opponents, and excel at attacking your opponents head-on.

Adventures: Why your class might adventure.

Characteristics: What your class is capable of.

Alignment: What alignment or alignments your class may have and why.

Religion: What deities or ideals your class follows, if any, and why.

Background: How you become part of your class and why.

Races: While almost any race can become a Zephyr, it is most common among Elves and their kin, along with many of the smaller more nimble races and species, and is even more common Hobgoblins and Humans. Dwarves, Oreads, and many of the other much larger and slower, less nimble races species rarely produce Zephyrs.

Other Classes: How your class relates to other classes, positively or negatively, and why.

Role: What your class does in and for a party.

Adaptation: How a DM might change your class to fit into their campaign or unique world setting.

GAME RULE INFORMATION

Abilities: Dexterity is your most important skill. Everything else falls under personal preface at this point. Intelligence is alright if you like a lot of skills (however, this class isn't exactly a skill monkey), and if you plan on being the parties face, a high Charisma is alright, but again, is not an absolute necessity. Strength at least realitive to this class is not an important score unless you want a high carrying capacity, which is not as important to this class as it is to others.
Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: d10
Starting Age: As Rouge
Starting Gold: As Fighter

Class Skills:
Acrobatics (Dex), Autohypnosis (Wis), Balance, Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wips) Intimidate (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis), Survival (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Swim (Str)

Skill Points at First Level: (2 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
AC Bonus|
Unarmed Strike Damage

1st|+0|+2|+2|+0|Power of the Body, Improved Unarmed Strike & Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike Damage |
+0|
1d6

2nd|+1|+3|+3|+0|Tougher than most, Endurance|
+1|
1d6

3rd|+2|+3|+3|+1|Evasion|
+2|
1d6

4th|+3|+4|+4|+1|+1 Dexterity, Weapon Finesse|
+3|
1d8

5th|+3|+4|+4|+1|Lightning Reflexs|
+3|
1d8

6th|+4|+5|+5|+2|Uncanny Dodge|
+4|
1d8

7th|+5|+5|+5|+2|Fleet of foot I, Run|
+5|
1d8

8th|+6/+1|+6|+6|+2|+1 Dexterity|
+6|
1d10

9th|+6/+1|+6|+6|+3|Improved Evasion|
+6|
1d10

10th|+7/+2|+7|+7|+3|Improved Uncanny Dodge|
+7|
1d10

11th|+8/+3|+7|+7|+3||
+8|
1d10

12th|+9/+4|+8|+8|+4|+1 Dexterity|
+9|
2d6

13th|+9/+4|+8|+8|+4||
+9|
2d6

14th|+10/+5|+9|+9|+4|Fleet of foot II|
+10|
2d6

15th|+11/+6/+1|+9|+9|+5|Ability goes here|
+11|
2d6

16th|+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+5|+1 Dexterity|
+12|
2d8

17th|+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+5||
+12|
2d8

18th|+13/+8/+3|+11|+11|+6||
+13|
2d8

19th|+14/+9/+4|+11|+11|+6||
+14|
2d8

20th|+15/+10/+5|+12|+12|+6|+1 Dexterity, Fleet of foot III|
+15|
2d10

[/table]

CaDzilla
2014-01-17, 09:38 PM
The Athlete

Chaotic Chewy
2014-01-19, 04:13 AM
Power of the body:A Zephyr may use either Dexterity or Constitution for the purposes of determining HP from this class. This does not function or retroactively change HP to any other class, only this one. You may substitute your Dexterity mod for all skills pertaining to Strength.

the Zephr gains Improved Unarmed Strike and Dodge as bonus feats at first level, even if they do not meet the normal perquisites.

A Zephyr deals unarmed damage as a Monk equal to your level, A Zephyr never suffers off hand penalties, and may apply their full Strength or Dexterity mod, whichever is higher, to their damage rolls. This otherwise functions as the Monk's unarmed strike. Levels in Zephyr stack with Monk for the purposes of determining damage.

Quicker than most: Starting at 2nd level and beyond, you gain a Dodge bonus to your AC, as listed under AC bonus. This stacks with other forms of Dodge bonuses. In addition you gain Endurance as a bonus feat.

At 3rd level a Zephyr gains Nimble Steps as a bonus feat.

Evasion: At 3rd level and higher, a Zephyr can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used while wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless Zephyr does not gain the benefit of evasion.

At 11th level the Zephyr gains Improved Evasion; This works like evasion, except that while the Zephyr still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, she henceforth takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless Zephyr does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

At 4th level, and every 4 levels afterwards, a Zephyr gains a permanent +1 to his/her Dexterity score. This a typless, nonmagical bonus, and works like the +1 to an ability score gained every 4 levels

At 4th level the Zephyr also gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. If the Zephyr already possess Weapon Finesse, they may select any other feat for which the qualify.

At 5th level the Zephyr gains Lightning Reflexes as a bonus feat. If the Zephyr already possess Lightning Reflexes, they instead gain Great Fortitude or Toughness.

At 6th Level, a Zephyr gains Acrobatic Steps as a bonus feat, even if they do not meet the normal perquisites.

Uncanny Dodge: Starting at 6th level, a Zephyr can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does she lose her Dex bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. She still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A Zephyr with this ability can still lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action (see Combat) against her.

If a Zephyr already has uncanny dodge from a different class, she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.

Improved Uncanny Dodge: A Zephyr of 10th level or higher can no longer be flanked.

This defense denies rogues the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target does.

If a character already has uncanny dodge (see above) from another class, the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rogue level required to flank the character.

At 7th level, a Zephyr gains Run as a bonus feat.

Fleet of foot: At 7th level, a Zephyr gains a permanent +10 to their base land speed. This functions only while the Zephyr wears light or no armor.

A Zephyr gains another +10ft at 14th level and again at 20th level.

SiuiS
2014-01-20, 02:53 AM
Every class gains maximum hit dice. You want to say they gain the maximum number of hit points per hit die. :smallsmile:

It's easier to say a [class] never suffers off hand penalties. It summarizes the point without going too specific. Remember, being too specific is where most RAW loopholes come from.

Chaotic Chewy
2014-01-20, 03:16 PM
Ashtagon
1. Thank you for the English lesson, Ashtagon, and now I have a reason to attempt something else, still not quiet sure on how to name it though.

2. I didn't actually take that into account, I suppose because my group usually doesn't do any kind of house rules for HP. However, I'm glad to see that the Dex substitute for Str based skills and HP was well taken. I plan on removing the +1 Constitution score bonus, although I'm not sure if I should replace it with another +1, increase the Dexterity +1 to +2, or change it entirely.

3. I'll go make that change as soon as I get done with this response.

4. You are indeed correct, xxxx did mug the Monk. My intention is to give this class very few proficiencies, and somehow penalize the use of any armor over light, possibly nor armor period and someway to penalize multiclassing. On top of that my DM hates the monk class, so it's very hard to be one, and I have to agree, Monk's are suboptimal and suffer from Multiple Attribute Dependency, which is something I want to avoid with this class.
--------------------------------------

SiuiS

Thank you. :smallsmile:

Great point. Honestly, IMO taking anything RAW is like taking a loaded revolver and playing a game of Russian Roulette with 7 people, no one but the person who gave you the gun is satisfied and wins.

Zweisteine
2014-01-22, 09:47 AM
This class looks pretty cool.

Name suggestions:
Zephyr, as the class seems to focus on mobility-style defense
Untouchable, for the same reason. This one has an unfortunately different meaning IRL, though.

Chaotic Chewy
2014-01-22, 01:57 PM
This class looks pretty cool.

Name suggestions:
Zephyr, as the class seems to focus on mobility-style defense
Untouchable, for the same reason. This one has an unfortunately different meaning IRL, though.

Hmm... I like it, it works better than what I have and it gives me the idea to trade a natural armor bonus for a dodge bonus.

*Edit; Thanks for the kind words.

Chaotic Chewy
2014-01-22, 10:02 PM
So I've finally managed to list down all of the Zephyr's (name still a possible subject of change) class abilities, most of which are not set in stone.

So far my idea for this class is to make it some sort of a class ability that adds either 1.5 or 2 times a Zephyrs Dex mod to AC.

I want this class to be able to reasonably hold it's own against other classes and more powerful monsters.

Feel free to tear into this class and give me what you think, but please, be kind, this is my first homebrew class, and am still learning.