PDA

View Full Version : Wujen/JPM build advise

paperarmor
2014-01-17, 10:22 PM
I'm thinking of bulding a character for a level 20+ games around the combo of Body Outside Body and The JPM capstone ability to explode and was wondering if you guys had any experience with this and could suggest some other tricks

chainer1216
2014-01-18, 04:06 AM
a couple levels of archmage,it'll let you get the ability to have body outside body as a spell like ability a couple times a day. then all your clones will be able to use body outside body as well as maneuvers.

infinite exploding clones!

DarkSonic1337
2014-01-18, 04:11 AM
Reserve feats are supernatural, and while your clones cannot cast spells they still have your spell slots/spells prepared. Likewise your clones can still use effects that involve sacrificing spell slots (such as arcane strike).

Chronos
2014-01-18, 09:04 AM
My first thought for a Wu Jen JPM is always Transcend Mortality: Get a couple of minutes of near-invulnerability, then blow yourself up just before you'd die, then come back a little later none the worse for wear.

Granted, my second thought is Body Outside Body, because that spell just rocks.

WhamBamSam
2014-01-18, 12:52 PM
My first thought for a Wu Jen JPM is always Transcend Mortality: Get a couple of minutes of near-invulnerability, then blow yourself up just before you'd die, then come back a little later none the worse for wear.

Granted, my second thought is Body Outside Body, because that spell just rocks.
a couple levels of archmage,it'll let you get the ability to have body outside body as a spell like ability a couple times a day. then all your clones will be able to use body outside body as well as maneuvers.

infinite exploding clones!This and this. Also Arcane Disciple for some Domain (Skalykind and Animal off the top of my head) that has Shapechange.

Go Wu Jen 5/Crusader 1/JPM 10/Abjurant Champion 2/Archmage 2. Get SLA Body Outside Body and SLA Shapechange (by my reading you only need 19 Wis at the time of making it an SLA, and never again, not that that matters all that much at high levels). Now it's somewhere between nigh infinite Colossal 10 Headed Cryohydras/Dragons which are nigh invincible until they blow themselves up and infinite indestructible Zodars who use SLA Wish and then blow themselves up.

Since you're going into Epic Levels, take a level of anything (probably either Pouncebarian or some arcane progression) then dip Warblade to hit IL 17 and get War Master's Charge. Now you charge, and your many indestructible Colossal clones can all charge (and maybe pounce) as an immediate action, then change shape as a free action, WRT you as a Swift, and Wish or blow up as a standard. After that maybe a level of Swordsage for Tornado Throw for the ability to use the Tarrasque as the ball in county spanning games of hoops, which you play 5 on 5 with and against yourself.

Oh high/Epic levels, you so silly.

paperarmor
2014-01-18, 02:21 PM
This is why I love this place. cue diabolical laughter. Thanks guys.