PDA

View Full Version : Good PrCs for a Hexblade?

Fates
2014-01-17, 10:39 PM
I'm currently playing as a LE Corpse Lizardfolk Hexblade 7/Blackguard 3/Scaled Horror 2/Mindbender 1. The DM has allowed me to remove the Lizardfolk's RHD, and we get a free LA in the campaign, so that's all well and good. I also was allowed to progress in Hexblade casting rather than gaining new spells for the prestige classes I've already taken, which is a nice little bonus as well. I am using the semiofficial hexblade fix (http://community.wizards.com/comment/13411551#comment-13411551). I have the following ability scores and feats:

Str 26 (30 with a +4 Enhancement bonus from Undead Mastery)
Dex 14 (18 with a +4 Enhancement bonus from Undead Mastery)
Con - (obviously)
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 20 (24 with Cloak of Charisma)

Power Attack, Craft Magic Arms/Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Imperious Command, Craft Rod, Obtain Familiar, Improved Familiar, Force of Personality

Since there's not much more I want from the prestige classes I've already taken levels in, I was interested in what else might be out there, but I've found little to my liking thusfar. The only classes I've really found that were to my liking were Warrior of Darkness and Thrall of Orcus, both from BoVD. The campaign I'm in is fairly undeath-focused, and as such I find Thrall of Orcus somewhat appealing (DM ruled I don't need to bother with Lichloved, which makes sense, since I'm undead). Warrior of Darkness might make for a nice dip, especially with my high charisma, but I'm not sure I'd want to lose too much spellcasting.

As far as what I want out of prestige classes, I'll list my desires in order of precedence (most to least important).

-Good BAB
-Some spellcasting or other magical abilities
-Evil or Undeath theme
-Leader/Commander theme
-At least 4+int skill points/level
-Focus on Intimidation/Charisma synergy
-Bonus Feats
-Doesn't require too many throwaway feats (as I'm sure you've noticed by now, my DM's pretty lenient, so it's not unlikely that they could be fiat'd)

Any prestige classes that fit at least some of those criteria are on the table. I'm not looking for anything too powerful, but I want something that will give me useful abilities of some description. I'm not trying to make a terribly powerful build- if I was, I wouldn't be playing a Hexblade, but I want to be able to contribute to the party as best I can without overshadowing anyone.

If it helps, the other two members of my party are a Bone Wood Elf Ranger 12/Scout 1 archer, and a High Elf Dread Necromancer 13 minionmancer. Neither of them are particularly well-optimized (though I've given them some help in that regard), but they can each hold their own.

Thanks in advance,

Fates

Grim Reader
2014-01-18, 02:49 PM
Nar Demonbinder dip, then Abjurant Champion advancing the Demonbinder casting. You may need to work to meet the spellcasting requirement, I'm not sure how far along your spellcasting is.

KrimsonNekros
2014-01-18, 03:08 PM
Thrall of Orcus from BoVD might not be a bad choice either. It requires three feats, one of them could likely be waved off, and getting the other two shouldn't be an issue.

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-18, 05:59 PM
It's not a prestige class but binder is always an awesome addition to a hexblade build

Bind paimon for more dex and the ability to wail on the entire battle field. Bind focalor and chupoclops to give all you adjacent enemies -4 to their saves and attacks. Add in you dark companion and curse and that's like -8 to saves. Even your hexblade spells should land on them at that point.