PDA

View Full Version : The Reign of The Malign Nine: Uprising IC

gac3
2014-01-17, 10:58 PM
Initial story:
You live in a world where humans are the majority and every other race is shunned and persecuted. Nearly thirty years ago, the races were at war. Everything seemed as usual, the races fought with no one side gaining any advantage. It looked like they would wear each other into a time of peace that would last until war broke out again.
Only something changed. One day, six years into the war (24 years ago), a group of humans emerged and reigned supreme on the battle field. Where ever The Nine went they slaughtered all on the battle field, until all the races but human had dwindled in numbers and were barely able to survive. They went into hiding, eventually meeting up with one another and building a city at the farthest reaches of the human kingdom. The Nine, now reigning over the rest of the world, were allow them to remain because they stay quiet and out of the way.
It has not been easy but the races have learned to live together in harmony and cooperation, away from the wrath of man. They have grown slightly in numbers but no longer raise any great warriors. Their goal is peace and survival.
Occasionally there will be conflicts among the clans but they are quickly resolved by the Council of Races. Each known nonhuman races selects a representative to place on the Council which functions as the government over all of the remaining beings. Some of you have known no other life than this one, some of you remember the war and may have even fought in it. Either way, life has been an simple one for you in recent years. In recent months, however, a plague has wracked your society and threatened to exterminate what's left of your races.
You are some of the last to not be affected by the disease and are quite possibly the only hope of finding the cause and, if possible, a cure. You know that the disease causes headaches and insomnia. Victims are unable to sleep or concentrate and quickly find themselves having visions and becoming delirious until they seemingly lose their mind. Eventually they either die of exhaustion or in their delirium end up drowning themselves or some other similar accidental suicide.

What happened before the change:
Each of you was visited by one of eleven hooded figures and recruited to go to a boat which recently docked at harbor. They told you how to find the cure. You each travel through the woods until you find a clearing surrounded with withering vines. After a confusing mental conversation, and eating the fruit from the vines, you gain the ability to communicate mentally and the knowledge that the vines were forced from their plane to yours. You also no longer have dreams.

You then find out that the eleven hooded figures were the Pantheon, and the Nine were the Malign gods. You have to take down the nine (capture/stop, not kill) to save the balance of the planes.

After reporting your recent success to the town and an altercation with Guarg, he reports you to the Council as having caused the disease. You do a little recon and end up facing him and rescuing a man being held prisoner in a shack of Guarg's. You also stole a handful of scrolls on the complete lives of orcs, stollen from a basement used for meetings between Guarg and Gruumsh. You now have the following captives/guests: prisoner man, orc thug of Guarg, and Guarg. Begin roll play.

RunAround
2014-01-18, 02:06 AM
(When we last left off we just talked The Pantheon into providing living quarters for Guarg, his underling, and the human; and to provide medical attention to Guarg, yeah?)

Din will follow whoever is carrying the human to the new quarters the Pantheon provided for the human and sit in a chair opposite the human's bed and waits for him to wake up.

gac3
2014-01-18, 11:32 AM
(When we last left off we just talked The Pantheon into providing living quarters for Guarg, his underling, and the human; and to provide medical attention to Guarg, yeah?)

Din will follow whoever is carrying the human to the new quarters the Pantheon provided for the human and sit in a chair opposite the human's bed and waits for him to wake up.

(Yes)
The man is carried to a room in the same hall where your rooms are. You notice that last time you had been in the hallway, the only doors had been to your four rooms. His name is also already on his door. (I can't remember the name of your father, but you can fill me in and I'll add it to the name list, but that's the same name on the door.)

After laying the man on the bed, the god exits (doesn't really matter which one it was). After about fifteen minutes the man begins to stir. He opens his eyes and asks, "Where am I?"

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-18, 01:05 PM
[I wish to gain an audience with whomever may be able to shed light as to the use or purpose of these scrolls as well as to make their presence known to the gods. Afterwhich I will attempt to interrogate Guarg if anyone else wishes to be present or assist.]

Hattori searches for an available god and discloses his meager knowledge of the scrolls while presenting one for evaluation.

gac3
2014-01-18, 01:10 PM
[I wish to gain an audience with whomever may be able to shed light as to the use or purpose of these scrolls as well as to make their presence known to the gods. Afterwhich I will attempt to interrogate Guarg if anyone else wishes to be present or assist.]

Hattori searches for an available god and discloses his meager knowledge of the scrolls while presenting one for evaluation.

Ioun is the appropriate god.

"Gods are not omnipotent or all seeing but they have ways of being nearly there. Any god can link a mortal to a scroll, which will then detail their life and fill itself as events happen. The god must then read the scroll in order to gain the knowledge of what is on it but they read impressively fast. Gruumsh happens to only care about orcs. That is what these scrolls seem to be and why he has them. Any other questions?"

RunAround
2014-01-18, 01:26 PM
(his name was Alek)

[i'll be here asking the human some questions, if you need me just call for me]

"You're on a magical ship docked in Drowsenhelm." Din says with a grin. "Who are you?"

gac3
2014-01-18, 01:32 PM
(his name was Alek)

[i'll be here asking the human some questions, if you need me just call for me]

"You're on a magical ship docked in Drowsenhelm." Din says with a grin. "Who are you?"

The human sits up slowly. "I have never heard of this Drowsenhelm. My name is Alek. I was once a high ranking soldier in the human armies."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-19, 09:19 AM
"Aye, thank you you Lady Ioun. So it would appear there is nothing out of the ordinary with the creation and storage of these scrolls?"

Barring any further discussion, Hattori proceeds to Guarg's side and awaits his return to the conscious world.

gac3
2014-01-19, 12:09 PM
"Aye, thank you you Lady Ioun. So it would appear there is nothing out of the ordinary with the creation and storage of these scrolls?"

Barring any further discussion, Hattori proceeds to Guarg's side and awaits his return to the conscious world.

"Other than you being able to find and steal them so easily, no."

After a little bit of time you hear Guarg start to groan. A groan you recognize from mornings after a particularly rough night of drinking. His eyes open but he remains laying down and rubs his head.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-19, 02:05 PM
"I believe we have gotten off on the wrong foot Guarg."

Hattori rises from his seated position of meditation in the corner of the room and approaches the orc.

"I apologize for my earlier rashness with regard to your life; you had taken a friend of mine and I believed him to be in mortal danger."

Hattori's tone changes sharply and his half-smile fades.

"Your life is in grave danger; it would be in your best interest to cooperate with us if you wish to see it extended. You have failed your master and I do not think him the type to forgive so easily. Aid us in acquiring the information we seek and we shall aid you in avoiding what I can only imagine would be an excruciating end."

gac3
2014-01-19, 03:45 PM
"I believe we have gotten off on the wrong foot Guarg."

Hattori rises from his seated position of meditation in the corner of the room and approaches the orc.

"I apologize for my earlier rashness with regard to your life; you had taken a friend of mine and I believed him to be in mortal danger."

Hattori's tone changes sharply and his half-smile fades.

"Your life is in grave danger; it would be in your best interest to cooperate with us if you wish to see it extended. You have failed your master and I do not think him the type to forgive so easily. Aid us in acquiring the information we seek and we shall aid you in avoiding what I can only imagine would be an excruciating end."

"I wan't going to hurt the mutt. We were just told to hold him."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-19, 06:01 PM
"Here is what I would like to know Guarg:

- What purpose did master Jack's imprisonment serve?

- Where do you fit into Gruumsh's army?

- What is the troop count (both type and amount) and what standing orders do they currently have?

"We have some pressing business with your master; business which will have you looking for another line of work. Should you still feel loyalty to Gruumsh even with your gruesome end at hand, then our protection expires and you will be turned over to the authorities immediately. Co-operate, and we will ensure your safety until such a time that your life is no longer threatened from a divine source."

GM noteWhile I appreciate the sandbox feature of this campaign, we don't have a clear path set out before us. I feel like I'm just stabbing in the dark at what I'm supposed to be doing or asking. Maybe a set of goals or a clearly defined mission from one of the gods would be in order. I think we'll operate more fluidly, post more frequently, and enjoy this campaign more thoroughly if we had a clear sense of direction.

gac3
2014-01-19, 06:08 PM
"Here is what I would like to know Guarg:

- What purpose did master Jack's imprisonment serve?

- Where do you fit into Gruumsh's army?

- What is the troop count (both type and amount) and what standing orders do they currently have?

"We have some pressing business with your master; business which will have you looking for another line of work. Should you still feel loyalty to Gruumsh even with your gruesome end at hand, then our protection expires and you will be turned over to the authorities immediately. Co-operate, and we will ensure your safety until such a time that your life is no longer threatened from a divine source."

"To keep him out of places he shouldn't be.
I once led it. In my age all I have been replaced but I still am able to deal some damage" At that he attempts to jump up but is too light headed, and collapses back to the bed.
"I know nothing of troop count beyond those under me."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-19, 08:36 PM
"Thank you for your co-operation thus far. I shall return if your assistance is again needed."

Hattori walks out and allows Guarg to complete his recuperation.

[I am officially out of ideas as to our next course of action. The scrolls were a dead end and I do not believe Guarg to be of any more use than the mindless peon we picked up. I plan on meditating and recovering my strength in my quarters should anyone need to meet with me.]

Hattori sits down in the middle of his room and begins to meditate in an attempt to relieve the built up stress that the late-night stealth mission and sudden combative encounter has laid upon his shoulders.

RunAround
2014-01-20, 11:51 AM
"I see.." [So yeah guys this is my dad] "Do you know exactly what happened before you woke up in that shack? Did you get stuck down or captured or something?"

[Hattori ask Guarg where Alek was for the last 24 years, he coudln't possible have been frozen in time in that shack this whole time could he?]

gac3
2014-01-20, 01:08 PM
"I see.." [So yeah guys this is my dad] "Do you know exactly what happened before you woke up in that shack? Did you get stuck down or captured or something?"

[Hattori ask Guarg where Alek was for the last 24 years, he coudln't possible have been frozen in time in that shack this whole time could he?]

"I was with Murook. She led the orcs at the time. I had received information that the humans were planning an atack, and I fled to warn them. Guarg protested my claims but most of the orcs followed my plan. We were leaving, finding somewhere safe. The night before, Guarg came to me and knocked me out when I wasn't expecting it. Then you were there."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-21, 07:26 PM
Hattori rises out of his meditative state renewed and refreshed. "The time for subtlety and subterfuge has ended; the time for work to be done is at hand."

[Young master Din, when your interest in your new-found father has waned, or if he should gain the strength necessary to accompany us, I propose we start causing chaos amongst Gruumsh's ranks personally. Hiding in the shadows has done us little; perhaps cracking a few skulls will see our goal accomplished.]

RunAround
2014-01-22, 02:06 PM
[Sounds good Hattori]

Din explains everything to Alek that he has missed.

gac3
2014-01-22, 03:41 PM
[Sounds good Hattori]

Din explains everything to Alek that he has missed.

Alek rises from bed. "They think I'm a traitor? And Guarg their leader? This must be corrected. Please, me must see the council."

RunAround
2014-01-22, 03:59 PM
"I agree" Din says. [You guys wanna come with me and Alek to address the council?]

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-22, 05:37 PM
[I will make my way to Gruumsh's outpost and scout the best way to make an appearance while you take care of the council. Feel free to join me afterwards; though you may wish to make haste as there may be no lackies left for you should you tarry too long in politics.]

Hattori returns to Guarg in order to ascertain the layout of Gruumsh's stronghold.

gac3
2014-01-22, 05:46 PM
Guarg is sitting up in bed by now but is leaning forward and holding his head.

RunAround
2014-01-22, 05:51 PM
[I will try to hurry] Din leaves the ship with Alek towards the council hall.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-22, 06:49 PM
Hattori pulls up a chair next to Guarg, sets his sheathed blade point down onto the floor, and rests his hands on top of the hilt.

"Gruumsh's time has ended; I will see to that one way or another. What I am here for is to see if you will further assist me in my quest. I need the layout of your base of operations; access points, entry control points, supply lines, as well as the general interior layout. Should your information prove useful, I will personally see to it that your punishment in light of recent events is lessened. if you lie to me, or refuse services altogether; well then I shall ensure that justice is swift and vengeful for this and all other crimes you have committed. What say you Guarg?"

gac3
2014-01-22, 10:19 PM
[I will try to hurry] Din leaves the ship with Alek towards the council hall.

Upon arriving to the council, you become aware of your luck, they are in session. No one stops you on your way in. The council are all notable members of the community but you know almost none by name. You know them by sir or mam or council man (or, for the Deva representative, Harbor Master). All of the council are present except Guarg (obviously).

Upon entering you receive terrible looks from some of the council members. The Elven Councilman speaks up before you can say anything, "Thank you for saving us the trouble of arresting you. Your trial shall now commence. Are you prepared for your opening argument?" [ooc: if I ware Hattori, I would continue interrogating Guarg, don't worry about this yet, though of course be aware and make mental notes. You don't have to follow the suggestions though]

Hattori pulls up a chair next to Guarg, sets his sheathed blade point down onto the floor, and rests his hands on top of the hilt.

"Gruumsh's time has ended; I will see to that one way or another. What I am here for is to see if you will further assist me in my quest. I need the layout of your base of operations; access points, entry control points, supply lines, as well as the general interior layout. Should your information prove useful, I will personally see to it that your punishment in light of recent events is lessened. if you lie to me, or refuse services altogether; well then I shall ensure that justice is swift and vengeful for this and all other crimes you have committed. What say you Guarg?"

Guarg becomes angry and snarls "Gruumsh's time has yet to even begin, fool. You won't be able to stop it and I certainly won't help you." He calms a little. "Even if I would though, I couldn't. I did my part long ago. Since then my only job was to keep the non-orcs of this town, and the traitors, under control."

RunAround
2014-01-22, 11:04 PM
"Well hold up now, by what means am I being arrested?"

gac3
2014-01-22, 11:11 PM
"Well hold up now, by what means am I being arrested?"

The elf smiles, "The means by which you were arrested was you walking into our meeting chambers. Assuming you had meant to ask for the charges they are as follows:
Endangering the life of all citizens of this settlement through the spreading of the disease that had plagued us.
Public disturbance in the bar with Guarg.

There are a number of other things Guarg wants you to be accused of but being as he is not present, cannot testify to them. We shall begin with the most reasonable ones, which I have already listed. Also please explain the presence of a human within this building."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-23, 06:32 AM
"So you choose the difficult road? So be it. Know that when Gruumsh's reign comes to a crashing end and his empire topples around him, you will be rotting in a dank dungeon serving time for petty crimes and wishing you had the foresight to choose your path more wisely. I am a generous man, but my patience runs thin and I find that I have no time for common thugs."

With that Hattori slowly gets up to leave allowing his bluff to sink in. If Guarg still refuses to help, then Hattori will seek out a deity in order to figure out his next move.

[Address the council in as respectful of a manner as you can: How can you be tried for crimes that have no evidence proving your guilt? There are no witnesses, and nothing shows that you personally brought any kind of malaise to these people. As for explaining the presence of a human; I suggest you choose your words carefully.]

gac3
2014-01-23, 07:59 AM
"So you choose the difficult road? So be it. Know that when Gruumsh's reign comes to a crashing end and his empire topples around him, you will be rotting in a dank dungeon serving time for petty crimes and wishing you had the foresight to choose your path more wisely. I am a generous man, but my patience runs thin and I find that I have no time for common thugs."

With that Hattori slowly gets up to leave allowing his bluff to sink in. If Guarg still refuses to help, then Hattori will seek out a deity in order to figure out his next move.

[Address the council in as respectful of a manner as you can: How can you be tried for crimes that have no evidence proving your guilt? There are no witnesses, and nothing shows that you personally brought any kind of malaise to these people. As for explaining the presence of a human; I suggest you choose your words carefully.]

As you get up to leave Guarg looks down for a moment and then says, "The most I can tell you is the task I was given, but again I accomplished it long ago and have had little responsibility since."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-23, 08:54 AM
"As a cog in Gruumsh's gear of war, surely you have been to his command post and seen the layout. That is all the information I require; a location and a blueprint. Should you have additional information regarding any guard posts or troop placement, that is merely icing on the cake. I care not for your past missions; save that they might shed light on what I previously requested of you."

gac3
2014-01-23, 03:17 PM
"As a cog in Gruumsh's gear of war, surely you have been to his command post and seen the layout. That is all the information I require; a location and a blueprint. Should you have additional information regarding any guard posts or troop placement, that is merely icing on the cake. I care not for your past missions; save that they might shed light on what I previously requested of you."

Guarg snarls a little. "Gruumsh comes to me. I'm not even sure he has a base. He's the most powerful god there is. Why would he?"

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-23, 03:31 PM
Hattori smiles; "Troops have to be sheltered, fed, and trained somewhere. You cannot expect me to believe that a structure to facilitate all of this does not exist. I see you do not wish to easily supply me the information I require so I shall obtain it elsewhere. Expect a long and arduous term of servitude for the crimes you have committed; you shall get no leniency from me."

Hattori proceeds to the Orc lackey that was captured with Guarg in order to ascertain answers to the questions he seeks.

gac3
2014-01-23, 03:46 PM
Hattori smiles; "Troops have to be sheltered, fed, and trained somewhere. You cannot expect me to believe that a structure to facilitate all of this does not exist. I see you do not wish to easily supply me the information I require so I shall obtain it elsewhere. Expect a long and arduous term of servitude for the crimes you have committed; you shall get no leniency from me."

Hattori proceeds to the Orc lackey that was captured with Guarg in order to ascertain answers to the questions he seeks.

Guarg shrugs and says, "Suit yourself"

The orc lackey is sitting on the side of his bed but turns to face you when you come in.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-23, 04:31 PM
Hattori approaches the Orc calmly and sits in the same fashion as he did before Guarg. "Your life was spared because my word was heeded; I assure you that whatever I say with regard to your penance for crimes committed will be heeded as well either ill or good. I have been in your shoes before; a simple soldier following the orders of his superiors. That may be enough to lesson the hardships this community will impose upon you; if you cooperate. Answer to the best of your ability and I shall see that your sentence is lessened justly. Where is the army of Gruumsh located and what do you know of it's composition or the layout of the stronghold?"

gac3
2014-01-23, 04:40 PM
Hattori approaches the Orc calmly and sits in the same fashion as he did before Guarg. "Your life was spared because my word was heeded; I assure you that whatever I say with regard to your penance for crimes committed will be heeded as well either ill or good. I have been in your shoes before; a simple soldier following the orders of his superiors. That may be enough to lesson the hardships this community will impose upon you; if you cooperate. Answer to the best of your ability and I shall see that your sentence is lessened justly. Where is the army of Gruumsh located and what do you know of it's composition or the layout of the stronghold?"

"I know what most of us know. Those of us that are in on it, know that he stays in the temple of the Nine when he isn't giving orders to the orcs. He works like this. He gives orders to a handful of orcs, one being Guarg. They give orders to people like me and my brother. Where is my brother? Is he on the ship also?"

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-23, 07:23 PM
"Your brother is dead. You have my sympathy for your loss; but you and your brother both know that such is he cost of being a soldier. The information regarding the Temple of the Nine is of much use; for that you have my gratitude and my word that I will let the authorities know you were most cooperative. Have you ever been to this temple? Perhaps you've seen the layout?"

gac3
2014-01-23, 07:25 PM
"Your brother is dead. You have my sympathy for your loss; but you and your brother both know that such is he cost of being a soldier. The information regarding the Temple of the Nine is of much use; for that you have my gratitude and my word that I will let the authorities know you were most cooperative. Have you ever been to this temple? Perhaps you've seen the layout?"

He looks down for a moment and then says, "Why have you spared me?" After another second he says "I'm not dodging your questions, I just need to know."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-23, 09:03 PM
In keeping with Hattori's unfailing honesty:

"Because you are needed; initially it was as simple as that. Whether you are fated for greater things and your end is not yet on the horizon, or your usefulness was but to advance our goals I do not know. However, the divines saw that your time was not yet upon you and I heeded the notion I believe they planted to spare your life for whatever purpose that may serve."

Hattori feels that this Orc may not have been cut out for that which he had gotten himself into and decides to act on it. He moves closer to the Orc and places his hand on his shoulder.

"Pray tell me your name master Orc."

(Can I discern an approximate age for him?)

gac3
2014-01-23, 09:20 PM
In keeping with Hattori's unfailing honesty:

"Because you are needed; initially it was as simple as that. Whether you are fated for greater things and your end is not yet on the horizon, or your usefulness was but to advance our goals I do not know. However, the divines saw that your time was not yet upon you and I heeded the notion I believe they planted to spare your life for whatever purpose that may serve."

Hattori feels that this Orc may not have been cut out for that which he had gotten himself into and decides to act on it. He moves closer to the Orc and places his hand on his shoulder.

"Pray tell me your name master Orc."

(Can I discern an approximate age for him?)

"I don't think any of the divines that saved me are Gruumsh. My name is Korgul." He stands and bows before you. "Whatever gods you serve must be of a noble and merciful kind. I do not blame you for my brother's death even if it was your hand that slew him. I blame my grandfather and Gruumsh. I will do what I can to assist you, if you assist me in avenging the death of my brother."

(I looked up orc statistics when it comes to age, and I decided I won't go with them because it would make Guarg like ancient by orc standards-like shouldn't be able to survive tripping let alone the fight he experienced old. So I'm making them more human based years. That will be a standard, races with lives longer than human will have their normal life lengths. Those with shorter will be adjusted to at least human standard lengths. With that, I'd say you view him as a relatively large teenager, of course orcs would be naturally large. Apearently I'm doing the same type of thing with intelligence levels.)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-23, 10:26 PM
"Truly an honor to have met you Korgul. Your brother's death shall not be in vain; his memory is ever-present within your drive to see him avenged."

Hattori moves back to his seated position.

"The entity you serve, Gruumsh, is a part of a tainted and corrupt group of deities that have plunged our races into the current state they are in. I'm sure you wish to see the Orcs standing tall alongside Elves, Shardminds, Minotaur and the like as they once did and not reduced to the rabble we are now. In order for those days to return, Gruumsh and his contemptuous cohorts must be broken. As our first course of action, I am attempting (with the aid of another young Orc warrior) to sunder Gruumsh's army, cripple his fighting capability, and slay a god. Your valuable intelligence on the matter of Gruumsh and his army will be the keystone to this victory."

gac3
2014-01-23, 10:32 PM
"Truly an honor to have met you Korgul. Your brother's death shall not be in vain; his memory is ever-present within your drive to see him avenged."

Hattori moves back to his seated position.

"The entity you serve, Gruumsh, is a part of a tainted and corrupt group of deities that have plunged our races into the current state they are in. I'm sure you wish to see the Orcs standing tall alongside Elves, Shardminds, Minotaur and the like as they once did and not reduced to the rabble we are now. In order for those days to return, Gruumsh and his contemptuous cohorts must be broken. As our first course of action, I am attempting (with the aid of another young Orc warrior) to sunder Gruumsh's army, cripple his fighting capability, and slay a god. Your valuable intelligence on the matter of Gruumsh and his army will be the keystone to this victory."

Korgul stands. "I know little but if Gruumsh does not yet know that I have been here, perhaps I can say I got away. I can get you more information."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-24, 06:46 AM
"If you believe in your skills of subterfuge, then you would be a most valuable asset indeed. However, I do not wish to see another young life thrown away carelessly; we should consult Lady Ioun's council or that of another divine in order to bless you on this mission."

Hattori brings the young master Korgul with him to find one of the divines.

(Connor's been pretty quiet as of late... I hope we didn't lose him.)

gac3
2014-01-24, 07:06 AM
"If you believe in your skills of subterfuge, then you would be a most valuable asset indeed. However, I do not wish to see another young life thrown away carelessly; we should consult Lady Ioun's council or that of another divine in order to bless you on this mission."

Hattori brings the young master Korgul with him to find one of the divines.

(Connor's been pretty quiet as of late... I hope we didn't lose him.)

You find Ioun and Kord in discussion but they quickly end it and turn their attention to you as you approach.

(I agree but it hasn't been too long since he has posted, has it?)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-24, 08:01 AM
(2 days ago at 10 am. And do you have early classes? I'm impressed that you post as early as 6am :smallsmile:)

"Lady Ioun, Master Kord, I believe we have an invaluable asset in young master. Korgul here. He's defected from Gruumsh's troops and wishes to go on a clandestine mission to gather much needed intelligence. What guidance or protection can you offer him in this endeavor?"

gac3
2014-01-24, 08:06 AM
(2 days ago at 10 am. And do you have early classes? I'm impressed that you post as early as 6am :smallsmile:)

"Lady Ioun, Master Kord, I believe we have an invaluable asset in young master. Korgul here. He's defected from Gruumsh's troops and wishes to go on a clandestine mission to gather much needed intelligence. What guidance or protection can you offer him in this endeavor?"

Ioun gathers a look of concern. "I do not remember his being one of the scrolls you scrolls you stole from Gruumsh. For him to be safe, you would need to obtain that scroll before anyone reads it and becomes aware that he has defected."

Kord looks Korgul over and says, "He may be valuable but we will not send him in only to be given away by his scroll. They do not lie and they hide nothing. They tell everything a person has ever done or experienced. He would not be safe if he did not have control over who reads his."

(I'm still in high school so school normally starts at about 7:40. These last three days however have been 2 hour delays.)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-24, 09:00 AM
"Then it would appear that I must make a second trip to this library of scrolls hidden within the abandoned building. You are welcome to accompany me Korgul, but I do not wish to endanger your life should my theft be made known. It is my recommendation that you stay behind and await my return."

Hattori turns to the deities and bows: "Lady Ioun, Master Kord, your council is much appreciated."

(I'm gonna determine my next course of action based on if Korgul wants to accompany me or stays behind.)

gac3
2014-01-24, 03:09 PM
"Then it would appear that I must make a second trip to this library of scrolls hidden within the abandoned building. You are welcome to accompany me Korgul, but I do not wish to endanger your life should my theft be made known. It is my recommendation that you stay behind and await my return."

Hattori turns to the deities and bows: "Lady Ioun, Master Kord, your council is much appreciated."

(I'm gonna determine my next course of action based on if Korgul wants to accompany me or stays behind.)

Korgul nods but then adds, "Perhaps you shouldn't go. I should go. If one of us were to get caught, my presence could be explained in a simpler manner and conflict may be avoided. Also it would be a good chance to prove my loyalty."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-24, 04:34 PM
"As you wish young master Korgul; please exercise caution."

Hattori, while open to defecting troops, does not trust an enemy he just made friends with. He will shadow Korgul to ensure that the divines plans and/or location isn't compromised by a double-cross.

(Unfortunately myth-weavers isn't phone-friendly and won't show any skills below perception :smallannoyed: so I'm guessing it's a +2 bonus in creighton to being trained. I'll double check when I get home.)

Stealth check to follow unseen

EDIT: Awesome , previewing the post to ensure the code was correct breaks the roll...

New roll
[roll]1d20+12

2nd EDIT: /sigh... This is why I wish we moved to a forum designed for play-by-posts ... I have no idea why the roll isn't working; it's identical to the thread explaining how to use rolls.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-24, 04:55 PM
Testing a hypothesis or 2:

[roll0]

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-24, 04:58 PM
Ok, here are some important notes about rolling that I didn't see mentioned in the rolling thread:

1) You cannot "preview post" if you have a roll in it because it breaks the roll.
2) You cannot add a roll via edit for the same reason.
3) You cannot edit a post with a roll in it for the same reason.

gac3
2014-01-24, 05:00 PM
Ok, here are some important notes about rolling that I didn't see mentioned in the rolling thread:

1) You cannot "preview post" if you have a roll in it because it breaks the roll.
2) You cannot add a roll via edit for the same reason.
3) You cannot edit a post with a roll in it for the same reason.

I think the point is to avoid having people editting and rerolling rolls

gac3
2014-01-25, 08:59 AM
"As you wish young master Korgul; please exercise caution."

Hattori, while open to defecting troops, does not trust an enemy he just made friends with. He will shadow Korgul to ensure that the divines plans and/or location isn't compromised by a double-cross.

(Unfortunately myth-weavers isn't phone-friendly and won't show any skills below perception :smallannoyed: so I'm guessing it's a +2 bonus in creighton to being trained. I'll double check when I get home.)

Stealth check to follow unseen[roll0]

EDIT: Awesome , previewing the post to ensure the code was correct breaks the roll...

New roll
[roll0]

2nd EDIT: /sigh... This is why I wish we moved to a forum designed for play-by-posts ... I have no idea why the roll isn't working; it's identical to the thread explaining how to use rolls.

As far as you can tell he does not notice your following him. He goes straight to the little house with the basement full of scrolls and enters. Even from outside you can tell he went down the trap door. (is that like our first actual no combat related roll?)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-25, 12:58 PM
(In this forum yes; in this campaign no. There have been a few stealth and perception checks that I recall offhand.)

(I guess I should've asked what time of day it is. I'd like to use the level of light and amount of activity (people walking around etc.) in this area to determine if I'm confident enough to slip down within ear-shot of the basement but still outside the building. If I feel it's too risky, then I'll simply observe what I can from my current position. Let me know if you want any Perception checks for seeing/listening for anything.)

gac3
2014-01-25, 01:04 PM
(In this forum yes; in this campaign no. There have been a few stealth and perception checks that I recall offhand.)

(I guess I should've asked what time of day it is. I'd like to use the level of light and amount of activity (people walking around etc.) in this area to determine if I'm confident enough to slip down within ear-shot of the basement but still outside the building. If I feel it's too risky, then I'll simply observe what I can from my current position. Let me know if you want any Perception checks for seeing/listening for anything.)

(Ok just checking. I usually try to just give things to you unless I think there should be a reasonable chance of failure, which stalking someone does have.)

It is currently mid day. Though people are out and about (and full of gossip about the human who had been seen running toward the council building with the half orc Din) again, this particular house is in a run down part of town and has no traffic near it that you have heard mention of or notice.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-25, 01:58 PM
Hattori creeps up to a section of the building shrouded in shadow from the sun overhead in order to catch any conversations that may waft up from the basement.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-28, 01:27 PM
Well... it looks like we've lost another one... This ones the killing blow, unfortunately, since what we lost was the DM...

It was a fun campaign while it lasted; even with someone dropping out every few weeks.

gac3
2014-01-28, 03:47 PM
Well... it looks like we've lost another one... This ones the killing blow, unfortunately, since what we lost was the DM...

It was a fun campaign while it lasted; even with someone dropping out every few weeks.

I was trying to stall and hope Din would appear back.
But it kind of is dead. I could try recruiting more people? People on here don't drop that often.

RunAround
2014-01-30, 09:43 PM
Oh my God guys I had no idea there was a page 2 :smalleek:

I thought the campaign was dead! If this is salvageable i'm still game. i've been checking the forum everyday and noticed no one saying anything so I just assumed it was a done deal.

gac3
2014-01-30, 11:02 PM
Oh my God guys I had no idea there was a page 2 :smalleek:

I thought the campaign was dead! If this is salvageable i'm still game. i've been checking the forum everyday and noticed no one saying anything so I just assumed it was a done deal.

Well there is and we are still here, debating what actions to take.

RunAround
2014-01-31, 12:42 AM
i've heard about very entertaining 1 to 2 person campaigns, but I don't see how that will work with the current story, i'm not sure though.

gac3
2014-01-31, 05:23 AM
We could always just double the speed at which you level up.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-31, 11:04 AM
Oh my god Connor... what a way to go out :smallsigh:

Well, I'm glad you stuck around though and didn't flake out like everyone else. I'm down for a 2-person campaign; I also have a few friends from a campaign that just recently ended that may be interested in a play-by-post, so I can ask if we are recruiting.

And I'm all for faster leveling or simply starting a bit higher (my build blows up at paragon and is in full swing by mid paragon); but that's not terribly important.

I'm on board with w/e course we decide to take.

RunAround
2014-01-31, 04:09 PM
i'm down for whatever guys, only question is what happens to the characters of the other players that stopped playing?

Mr. Wongburger
2014-01-31, 04:25 PM
Caught, tortured, and publicly executed under accusations of being rebel spies (many Bothans died to bring us this information...).

gac3
2014-02-01, 04:13 PM
Do you all want to pick up with just you two or recruit a few more? (ps you were about to gain more two levels once you finished your current situations)
Also question, I feel like it has focused more on role play, would you rather I add more combat? (some is coming for sure, and its about to get hard but Idk how much combat you all like in relation to role play)

RunAround
2014-02-01, 05:53 PM
Well i'm in the middle for the combat thing, I guess I really don't care. and with the recruiting I think we are find as just us. Just need dm to kinda lay down what happened or what will happen to the players that left.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-01, 10:03 PM
Just so you know where I stand on combat: Every one of my characters are built to be optimal in combat overall and excel in one aspect or another of combat. I love role playing the flow of combat. I love combat :smallbiggrin:.

Having said that, I understand everyone has their preferences and I wouldn't want another's tastes imposed on me; don't make it one long encounter just because I would love that. I am satisfied with the current RP-Combat ratio and would be elated if it was bumped up even just a smidge.

As for recruiting, that's up to you. I'm fine with just Connor and myself if you're fine with just a 2 man party at your table. I'm also fine bringing in 2 or 3 more people to round out the group; just understand that it'll come with the inherant possibility of people flaking out too.

gac3
2014-02-01, 11:45 PM
Just so you know where I stand on combat: Every one of my characters are built to be optimal in combat overall and excel in one aspect or another of combat. I love role playing the flow of combat. I love combat :smallbiggrin:.

Having said that, I understand everyone has their preferences and I wouldn't want another's tastes imposed on me; don't make it one long encounter just because I would love that. I am satisfied with the current RP-Combat ratio and would be elated if it was bumped up even just a smidge.

As for recruiting, that's up to you. I'm fine with just Connor and myself if you're fine with just a 2 man party at your table. I'm also fine bringing in 2 or 3 more people to round out the group; just understand that it'll come with the inherant possibility of people flaking out too.

Feel free to bring them if you wish. For now Jack is asleep in bed, resting/recovering and Theron is by his side, (until I think of a more dramatic way to make their exit make sense). Combat will be bumped up soon (as will levels), most of the early stuff was laying ground work that will lead to the big battles

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-03, 05:03 PM
Weeeell... I guess we should pick up where we left off...

Hattori creeps up to a section of the building shrouded in shadow from the sun overhead in order to catch any conversations that may waft up from the basement.

RunAround
2014-02-03, 05:23 PM
agreed! Din the not so diplomat is totes ready to diplomat!

gac3
2014-02-04, 08:06 PM
Then feel free. Was I suppose to make any posts?

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-04, 08:10 PM
:smallfurious: We're both kind of left hanging... I even quoted my last post so you wouldn't have to scroll back through to it lol.

gac3
2014-02-04, 08:20 PM
Mainly aimed at Din, I couldn't remember where I stood when it came to him because it had been so long. I remembered yours.

You hear no conversations but see the same orc who had risen from the basement after Guarg was last seen there, appears and enters the shack.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-04, 09:46 PM
You hear no conversations but see the same orc who had risen from the basement after Guarg was last seen there, appears and enters the shack.

I'm assuming you mean leaves? And is this something Connor isn't supposed to know? I'm just confused as to why it's in an s-block.

gac3
2014-02-04, 10:11 PM
I'm assuming you mean leaves? And is this something Connor isn't supposed to know? I'm just confused as to why it's in an s-block.

I wrote it weird now that I look at it, but I recently learned how to do it like that and I wanted to do it, nothing that Connor can't see because you share minds. But you see the orc appear and enter the shack. Does that fix the confusion?

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-04, 10:18 PM
I think you lost yourself with regard to where this orc is.

As far as you can tell he does not notice your following him. He goes straight to the little house with the basement full of scrolls and enters. Even from outside you can tell he went down the trap door. (is that like our first actual no combat related roll?)

So that's why I'm assuming the orc would be leaving as opposed to re-entering; but semantics.

Hattori waits to see if anyone else exits the building before withdrawing. Should none present themselves with any due haste, he retires to seek conversation with the young master Korgul.

gac3
2014-02-04, 11:00 PM
I think you lost yourself with regard to where this orc is.

So that's why I'm assuming the orc would be leaving as opposed to re-entering; but semantics.

Hattori waits to see if anyone else exits the building before withdrawing. Should none present themselves with any due haste, he retires to seek conversation with the young master Korgul.

Two orcs. The young orc you have made allies with supposedly. And the one Guarg met with in the scroll room yesterday (in game), sorry wasn't clear. Part of it was I couldn't remember actually stating who the second orc was.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-05, 06:51 AM
Ooooh my god I feel like an idiot. The miscommunication was completely on my end. I re-read your post about the Orc entering and completely missed the fact that you were referencing someone else. So just to clear out any further cobwebs; I saw (what I think is) Gruumsh enter after the "turncoat" Orc?

Also, another clarification: Earlier, did you mean that I can't hear anything from the basement due to no one making any noise (no one was there), or due to me not being within ear-shot?

gac3
2014-02-05, 11:19 AM
Ooooh my god I feel like an idiot. The miscommunication was completely on my end. I re-read your post about the Orc entering and completely missed the fact that you were referencing someone else. So just to clear out any further cobwebs; I saw (what I think is) Gruumsh enter after the "turncoat" Orc?

Also, another clarification: Earlier, did you mean that I can't hear anything from the basement due to no one making any noise (no one was there), or due to me not being within ear-shot?

Ok, well I'm still sorry. Yes, turncoat entered, you ease dropped and heard no signs of conversations, but perhaps I should add you did hear him opening and closing the trap door. You then see the suspected "Gruumsh" appear and enter the house also. I'm going to see if you want to respond to that before saying what he does inside.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-05, 11:45 AM
(Hattori unfortunately doesn't plan on intervening in any way; he's about 99% sure that an encounter with a god in his current state would end most unfavorably.)

Hattori listens intently while remaining hidden from view and offers up a small prayer to Ioun for the young master Korgul's protection and to steel his mind against a possible onslaught from Gruumsh himself (Hattori, while untrusting of this potential ally, still wishes him no harm either way).

Perception check for listening:
[roll0]

(If Hattori still cannot hear anything after a few seconds, he will silently move to within earshot:)
[roll1]

gac3
2014-02-05, 11:58 AM
(Hattori unfortunately doesn't plan on intervening in any way; he's about 99% sure that an encounter with a god in his current state would end most unfavorably.)

Hattori listens intently while remaining hidden from view and offers up a small prayer to Ioun for the young master Korgul's protection and to steel his mind against a possible onslaught from Gruumsh himself (Hattori, while untrusting of this potential ally, still wishes him no harm either way).

Perception check for listening:
[roll0]

(If Hattori still cannot hear anything after a few seconds, he will silently move to within earshot:)
[roll1]

You hear Gruumsh (I'm going to say your sure enough its him that I can call him that, until something potentially changes said thoughts) open the trap door and close it. Once you move closer you hear:
Korgul: "My brother is dead"
Gruumsh: "Which brother?"
Korgul: *pause* "Not the one you would wish to be dead"
Gruumsh: "Why have you reported hear and not your father?"
Korgul: "I have not seen my father since they killed Krusk"
Gruumsh: "How did you escape?"
Korgul: *pause* "They must have found me unimportant and focused on my father. I was too distracted with Krusk to notice where they went."
Gruumsh: "Lets check this story to see what really happened. Hand me the scrolls of you your father and your brothers."
Korgul: *pause with the sound of ruffling* "I can only find Krusk's scroll."
Gruumsh: "Impossible!"
There is then a long period of rustling which would leave you plenty of time to respond in whatever fashion you deem necessary, if any.

RunAround
2014-02-05, 04:24 PM
During all of this Din is addressing to the council with his father.

"I'm sure Grumsh has a strong influence on the rest of your opinions being a fellow member of the order, but I can prove that he is the one that needs to be on trial here." Din looks towards his father and speaks under his breath. "You wanted to see the council, here's your chance."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-05, 05:29 PM
Hattori breaks from his hiding spot and attempts to cause enough of a distraction to buy Korgul the time necessary to procure his scroll unnoticed. He rears back, swiftly draws his blade, and delivers a mighty blow to the entrance intending to cause as much destruction and noise as possible. After the strike, Hattori cautiously moves back in order to further assess the situation.

Attack rolls using Overwhelming Strike and Oath of Enmity (just because I want to see if I can crit again :smallbiggrin:)
OoE's 1st attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
OoE's 2nd attack
[roll2]
[roll3]

(These rolls are in case you need the perception/stealth checks again.)
Stealth
[roll4]
Perception
[roll5]

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-05, 05:37 PM
(Firstly, I meant Inevitable Strike which give me two rolls per attack roll.)

(Secondly...gah, wow... some terrible attack rolls... If you'd rather the extra damage from Overwhelming Strike not count due to the possibility of me missing one of those attacks, just drop the OS damage from my breakdown :smalleek:)

Damage breakdown:
[roll0] = Overwhelming Strike
[roll1] = Inevitable Strike
[roll2] = Vanguard Weapon property

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-05, 05:40 PM
/sigh, I really wish I could edit my posts... now things get cluttered and even more confusing. Every mention of Overwhelming Strike (except in the damage breakdown) is supposed to be Inevitable Strike. Sorry for any confusion.

gac3
2014-02-05, 09:09 PM
During all of this Din is addressing to the council with his father.

"I'm sure Grumsh has a strong influence on the rest of your opinions being a fellow member of the order, but I can prove that he is the one that needs to be on trial here." Din looks towards his father and speaks under his breath. "You wanted to see the council, here's your chance."

OOC: I'm assuming you meant Guarg there?
Your father says, "I am the husband of Murook."
Much of the council gasp and begin to frantically spout mentions of the word traitor. The elven representative turns to your father and says, "You will be dealt with shortly." He then turns to you and says "Your concerns about Guarg and accusations against him will be addressed shortly. Do you not deny the charges placed against you?" The halfling representative, who you recognize as the bartender, says "He can't really deny it, his friend was rather open about their causing the disease and we all saw the comments made against Guarg and Gruumsh, not that I think they were false."

Hattori breaks from his hiding spot and attempts to cause enough of a distraction to buy Korgul the time necessary to procure his scroll unnoticed. He rears back, swiftly draws his blade, and delivers a mighty blow to the entrance intending to cause as much destruction and noise as possible. After the strike, Hattori cautiously moves back in order to further assess the situation.

Attack rolls using Overwhelming Strike and Oath of Enmity (just because I want to see if I can crit again :smallbiggrin:)
OoE's 1st attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
OoE's 2nd attack
[roll2]
[roll3]

(These rolls are in case you need the perception/stealth checks again.)
Stealth
[roll4]
Perception
[roll5]

Gruumsh yells "Boy, go see what that noise is while I find the scrolls." Korgul quickly rises, and pulls out a scroll while running towards the docks.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-05, 09:24 PM
[Din, it would appear the council is on a witch hunt. Perhaps you should expound upon one aspect of the truth and divert the unwanted attention away from yourself: Theron spoke of only himself as the perpetrator of this diseases progression among this community; all so far have jumped to the conclusion that we (being in his company) must have been the harbingers of it as well. Clear that misconception and you may find it easier to deal with the fanatics.]

When Korgul escapes from within the abandoned building, Hattori quickly seizes him and prevents any exasperated cries from escaping his lips.

"Calm yourself; it is just I. Quickly, hand me your scroll and return to Gruumsh lest he suspect anything further with regard to where your loyalties lie. As to what you encountered upon investigation of this scene; a vagabond had been drunk off his mind and was flailing mindlessly about the building's entrance. You forced him away before he could cause any more destruction or draw any more attention to this place. Make haste with the rest of your dealings; the less time in Gruumsh's company you commit to, the less likely our ruse will be discovered."

Hattori stores Korgul's scroll and returns to his listening post to further keep tabs on this mission.

gac3
2014-02-05, 09:34 PM
[Din, it would appear the council is on a witch hunt. Perhaps you should expound upon one aspect of the truth and divert the unwanted attention away from yourself: Theron spoke of only himself as the perpetrator of this diseases progression among this community; all so far have jumped to the conclusion that we (being in his company) must have been the harbingers of it as well. Clear that misconception and you may find it easier to deal with the fanatics.]

When Korgul escapes from within the abandoned building, Hattori quickly seizes him and prevents any exasperated cries from escaping his lips.

"Calm yourself; it is just I. Quickly, hand me your scroll and return to Gruumsh lest he suspect anything further with regard to where your loyalties lie. As to what you encountered upon investigation of this scene; a vagabond had been drunk off his mind and was flailing mindlessly about the building's entrance. You forced him away before he could cause any more destruction or draw any more attention to this place. Make haste with the rest of your dealings; the less time in Gruumsh's company you commit to, the less likely our ruse will be discovered."

Hattori stores Korgul's scroll and returns to his listening post to further keep tabs on this mission.

Korgul gives you the scroll and after a few moments returns to Gruumsh. He tells the story you gave him but Gruumsh doesn't care. "Where are the scrolls?"
Korgul: "I don't know. Is there any chance father or my mutt brother stole them?"
Gruumsh: "Empty your pouch, everything."

RunAround
2014-02-05, 09:59 PM
Din lets out his usual smile, if only in attempt to calm the mood. [Call me a fool but I don't really want to place harm on another member of our party.. Theron might have been kinda stupid telling a councilman that he caused the plauge, but I can't just hang him out to dry.

"Instead of making blatant accusations, how about we state some facts. My mother was one of the people that had the plauge, and not only that but I've been taking care of her and putting most of my effort in trying to find the cure for this disease" Din looks at the halfling bartender. "My friend! was it not two days ago that I asked you about the disease? and did you forget that Theron is insane and says random stuff all the time? For Pantheon's sake he talks to his dead sisters urn." Din lets out a huff. "Lets not forget that I don't even have a motive. But the biggest point I have to make is that the plauge has been cured! and it was only thanks to me and my fellow party members!"

gac3
2014-02-05, 10:10 PM
Din lets out his usual smile, if only in attempt to calm the mood. [Call me a fool but I don't really want to place harm on another member of our party.. Theron might have been kinda stupid telling a councilman that he caused the plauge, but I can't just hang him out to dry.

"Instead of making blatant accusations, how about we state some facts. My mother was one of the people that had the plauge, and not only that but I've been taking care of her and putting most of my effort in trying to find the cure for this disease" Din looks at the halfling bartender. "My friend! was it not two days ago that I asked you about the disease? and did you forget that Theron is insane and says random stuff all the time? For Pantheon's sake he talks to his dead sisters urn." Din lets out a huff. "Lets not forget that I don't even have a motive. But the biggest point I have to make is that the plauge has been cured! and it was only thanks to me and my fellow party members!"

The bartender says "He speaks the truth."
The Harbor Master speaks up, "I believe Din to be innocent. He was seriously concerned after my most recent death."
The elven man says "Fine, we will table this for now. What do you say against Guarg?"

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-05, 10:14 PM
(Just awaiting further development with regard to Korgul and Gruumsh.)

RunAround
2014-02-05, 10:25 PM
"Aside from being the cause of his most recent death," Din looks towards the harbor master. "I claim that Guarg is responsible for the ambush on the great orc army 24 years ago."

[by the way Hattori, do you know where Guarg's scroll is? It might be just the evidence I need.]

gac3
2014-02-05, 10:40 PM
(Just awaiting further development with regard to Korgul and Gruumsh.)

After a few moments, which is safe to assume would be time spent with Korgul emptying/removing all of his possessions, Gruumsh says, "Why exactly did you come here today?"
Korgul: "It seemed like the safest place to be. Father said that if anything happened to him, I was to come here and tell you immediately."
Gruumsh: "What of the prisoner? What became of him?"
Korgul: "They freed him."
Gruumsh: "They slew your brother, freed your prisoner, likely took your father and yet left you to roam about."
Korgul: "One of them was injured and they felt they needed to get him medical attention along with the mutt's father. They must have assumed I was alone and would not be a threat. They took us down rather quickly."
Gruumsh: "Go to them and pledge your loyalty. Thank them for sparing you and tell them you owe them your life. You will repay them with loyal servitude. You will report all of their actions back to me."
Korgul: "Yes master, anything else?"
Gruumsh: "If they have the missing scrolls, find them and get them back as quietly as possible."
Korgul before long comes from the house and begins walking towards the docks.

"Aside from being the cause of his most recent death," Din looks towards the harbor master. "I claim that Guarg is responsible for the ambush on the great orc army 24 years ago."

[by the way Hattori, do you know where Guarg's scroll is? It might be just the evidence I need.]

Again there is an outburst of discussion in the council which is quieted by the Harbor Master saying, "Unless you can provide evidence, even though I believe you, his killing me matters not. I am back and there appears to be no true evidence he engaged in that crime. As for the ambush, please explain why you believe this."

First of all, I would like a round of applause for someone finally openly recognizing the true potential use of the scrolls.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-05, 10:56 PM
[It is among my personal affects on board our ship; I shall grab it and make haste to the council in order to aid your defense. Perhaps the young master Korgul could lend some credibility to the case if he were to testify to the actions of Gruumsh and Guarg?]

Hattori catches up with Korgul and explains Din's current predicament with the hope of his accompaniment after Hattori secures Guarg's scroll and stores Korgul's.

gac3
2014-02-05, 10:58 PM
[It is among my personal affects on board our ship; I shall grab it and make haste to the council in order to aid your defense. Perhaps the young master Korgul could lend some credibility to the case if he were to testify to the actions of Gruumsh and Guarg?]

Hattori catches up with Korgul and explains Din's current predicament with the hope of his accompaniment after Hattori secures Guarg's scroll and stores Korgul's.

Korgul: "Of course I will come with you."

RunAround
2014-02-05, 11:17 PM
"I have definite proof on the way, but while wait how about we listen to my father's testamony on what happened 24 years ago?"

[Pretty sure Korgul's my half brother, and the way he speaks about me dosn't sound too nice]

Would I know that Korgul's my half brother before all of this? him being my mother and Guarg's son?

gac3
2014-02-05, 11:23 PM
"I have definite proof on the way, but while wait how about we listen to my father's testamony on what happened 24 years ago?"

[Pretty sure Korgul's my half brother, and the way he speaks about me dosn't sound too nice]

Would I know that Korgul's my half brother before all of this? him being my mother and Guarg's son?

I made a ton of mistakes here. I somewhere started using the wrong words for Korgul's relationships. Change any part where he references Guarg as father to grandfather. And any time where it seems like he referenced Din as brother to cousin. The part where he said "Which brother" and what not no longer happened and they automatically knew it was his brother you killed. I didn't realize where I got confused until you mentioned your mother having a kid with your grandpa, which at this point I'm not wanting to throw incest into the plot. I'm sorry for that. Before we continue the answer is, no. Prior to this you did not know he was a relative of yours. But he is not your brother and I'm sorry for all of that because that just threw me off. Hopefully you all will be patient with my getting a little lost there.

RunAround
2014-02-05, 11:32 PM
yeah I was abit confused there, okay I got it now

i'm pretty much just waiting on Hattori arriving

gac3
2014-02-05, 11:39 PM
yeah I was abit confused there, okay I got it now

i'm pretty much just waiting on Hattori arriving

Your father speaks up. "Two and a half decades ago I came to the orc camp and fell in love with Murook. She and I became very close and her father, Guarg disapproved. I gained knowledge that humans were going to strike against the orcs and offered to lead them through a path to avoid the human onslaught. The morning I was going to do this, Guarg came to me and the next thing I remember is waking up with my son freeing me. That is all I know in terms of what Guarg has certainly done. I suspect through the aid of Gruumsh, he caused the ambush and made me look like a deserting traitor."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-06, 09:07 AM
(Sorry for the wait.)

Hattori quickly retrieves Guarg's scroll, stores Korgul's scroll, and sifts through the small collection for any Orc scrolls he recognizes the names of (I know I wanted to snag important Orc scrolls, but I don't remember if you ever told me which ones I grabbed). He and Korgul race to the aid of Din.

gac3
2014-02-06, 03:52 PM
(Sorry for the wait.)

Hattori quickly retrieves Guarg's scroll, stores Korgul's scroll, and sifts through the small collection for any Orc scrolls he recognizes the names of (I know I wanted to snag important Orc scrolls, but I don't remember if you ever told me which ones I grabbed). He and Korgul race to the aid of Din.

(We never really put names to them because prior to Korgul, only three have mattered but if an orc shows up that would have been important enough, you'd have his scroll. Sound good?)

Upon Hattori and Korgul entering, the Harbor Master and elf both say "Is this the evidence we were waiting for?"

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-06, 05:53 PM
(Sounds good.)

Hattori composes himself and hands what he believes is Guarg's scroll to Din first, then a satchel of the remaining scrolls.

"I believe the floor is yours young master Din."

Hattori gives Din a reassuring nod and stands back beside Korgul.

RunAround
2014-02-06, 07:22 PM
"When one of our party members was injured and kidnapped by a group of orcs we decided to get to the kidnappers and save him. When we got to their hideout we found our friend and my father bound, and Guarg in the middle of the room with the people kidnapped our friend. They attacked us and so we defended ourselves and defeated the offenders, upon rescuing our friend and my father we found these scrolls with several different names on them, this one being Guarg's. It has everything that he's done on it."

gac3
2014-02-06, 08:33 PM
A guard approaches and takes Guarg's scroll (assuming you let him) and then presents it to the Harbor Master. They spend several minutes examining it and then the elvish representative says "What is this? A scroll telling the story of Guarg? How can we be sure any of this is accurate and if it is, how would you have obtained some of the more... personal details that have been accounted in this?"

RunAround
2014-02-06, 09:00 PM
Din frowns and looks over to Hattori and whispers. "alittle help please.." :smalleek:

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-06, 10:59 PM
[Unfortunately young master... these magical scrolls are alien to me. I had assumed their intricacies were common knowledge to all Orcs.]

Hattori steps beside Din and attempts to redirect the council away from the trivial details and to the pressing matters at hand.

"We bore witness to crimes committed by the one named Guarg. You asked for proof of such weighty accusations and here before you lies a detailed account corroborating our truths. Let us be concerned with the heinous matters at hand before sliding down the slope of trivial details into the murky bog of never ending inquiries."

gac3
2014-02-06, 11:02 PM
[Unfortunately young master... these magical scrolls are alien to me. I had assumed their intricacies were common knowledge to all Orcs.]

Hattori steps beside Din and attempts to redirect the council away from the trivial details and to the pressing matters at hand.

"We bore witness to crimes committed by the one named Guarg. You asked for proof of such weighty accusations and here before you lies a detailed account corroborating our truths. Let us be concerned with the heinous matters at hand before sliding down the slope of trivial details into the murky bog of never ending inquiries."

The elveish representative says "How do we know you didn't fabricate this?"
The Harbor Master says "Because it writes itself." He then shows the scroll to the council and they all stare at you shocked. "Where did you get this?"

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-07, 06:21 AM
[Well, it is no use trying to tip-toe through the tulips any longer. I pray Lady Iuon and the contingent of deities are prepared should our actions make this council cross enough to imprison us.]

"Gruumsh has kept a hidden library under your very noses for countless years. This library consists of hundreds of magical scrolls able to write the exact details of an Orc's life upon itself. It's purpose is unknown to me, but this is where the scroll was taken from."

gac3
2014-02-07, 10:16 PM
[Well, it is no use trying to tip-toe through the tulips any longer. I pray Lady Iuon and the contingent of deities are prepared should our actions make this council cross enough to imprison us.]

"Gruumsh has kept a hidden library under your very noses for countless years. This library consists of hundreds of magical scrolls able to write the exact details of an Orc's life upon itself. It's purpose is unknown to me, but this is where the scroll was taken from."

The Harbor Master has been relentlessly scanning the scroll and says, "This story is supported within the scroll."

The Bartender says "Would you take us there?"

RunAround
2014-02-07, 10:31 PM
"Sure thing!" Din exclaims with a grin.

Then I guess we head that way

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-08, 12:37 AM
Hattori signals to Korgul and Din to fall in behind everyone else with him.

[I cannot help but feel this is a grave mistake, ready yourself should this situation escalate into a confrontation.]

gac3
2014-02-08, 07:00 AM
Every member of the council follows you to the abandoned shack along with a number of guards.

Edit: The shack could probably hold all but the guards but some of the council would have to stand in other rooms with entrances to the main room with the trap door. Also, nowhere near all of them could fit in the basement thing at once, so do you all accompany them or let the bold go and see or say anything?

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-08, 09:26 AM
Hattori lets out a long sigh.

[Even with their persistence, we cannot simply let them walk into a slaughter. Young masters Din and Korgul; it is my ascertation that you should remain on the first level should something happen to those waiting here. I will accompany one or two into the sub-level for verification of the library. Everyone be on guard and prepared to rush to the other's aid should we come under attack or spring some hidden trap. Ensure pathways to the exterior and the trap door remain clear of obstructions.]

"The sub-level is a claustrophobic space; no more than two will accompany me into it with the rest remaining patiently on this level or the exterior of the building. This way please."

Hattori listens at the trap door as inconspicuously as he can while still being able to hear if any noise emanate from underneath.

Perception check to listen:
[roll0]

RunAround
2014-02-08, 03:06 PM
[No need to worry my friend! I'll stay up here, I don't think Korgul can hear your mind though.]

Din waits on the first floor with the rest of the councilmen, shield out and hand on his hammer.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-08, 04:01 PM
(Yeah, that's why I referred to just myself going down. I guess it was a check for his intelligence :smallwink:)

gac3
2014-02-09, 12:33 AM
You hear nothing and the Elvish representative, and the harbor master each agree to accompany you.

Let me know if there's anything specific/other that you want to say other than "the three of us go down."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-09, 01:41 AM
Hattori cautiously opens the trap door and nods to the Elvish representative and the Harbor Master to follow him down. He has his sheathed sword out of his belt and defensively carried in his offhand as he descends.

Looking over his shoulder at Din and Korgul he smirks and says, "Let none of us start the party without the others."

RunAround
2014-02-09, 02:52 AM
Din grins back and nods.

gac3
2014-02-09, 06:36 PM
First, before going down, one final question. To what extent are you sharing thoughts? Just thoughts or certain senses or how much? (Actually matters right now)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-09, 11:55 PM
(I think I mentioned somewhere buried in the roll20 threads that unless I specifically mention suppressing my thoughts and senses, they're always on an open channel. Since I haven't said anything about it since then, I'm stuck on open still :smalleek:)

gac3
2014-02-10, 12:10 AM
(I think I mentioned somewhere buried in the roll20 threads that unless I specifically mention suppressing my thoughts and senses, they're always on an open channel. Since I haven't said anything about it since then, I'm stuck on open still :smalleek:)

I'll remember that next time. (Hopefully)

As Hattori enters the secret basement, he finds it to be completely empty.

Din however notices nothing different from the last visit. He sees all of the scrolls and their neat little container thing and the small table across from them.

The Harbor Master says "What have you brought us here to see?"

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 06:27 AM
Hattori immediately something is not right. He draws his blade and tells the two that followed him down to remain behind him at the base of the stairs.

"Something foul clouds our minds, the library is shrouded from sight."

Heat tori attempts to see past the illusion.

Perception:
[roll0]

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 06:29 AM
(We'll thank god we can't edit posts with rolls in them... Now "Heat tori" will forever haunt this thread :smallmad:... I guess that's the risk I'm taking using an iPhone with it's infamous autocorrect to make these posts.)

gac3
2014-02-10, 10:48 AM
Hattori immediately something is not right. He draws his blade and tells the two that followed him down to remain behind him at the base of the stairs.

"Something foul clouds our minds, the library is shrouded from sight."

Heat tori attempts to see past the illusion.

Perception:
[roll0]

Heat Tori is still unable to see the library. The two who followed you down begin to get restless and uncertain of your intentions.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 01:50 PM
Heat Tori is still unable to see the library.
(I'm gonna let that slide... for now :smallannoyed:)

Hattori attempts to explain what he believes is going on: "An illusion veils our eyes to the library that exists here. Permit me the time necessary to discern what magical arts are at work and how to circumvent them."

Hattori starts cautiously groping the seemingly empty space that once housed a bookshelf containing countless magical scrolls within.

[Young master Din, are you seeing this enchantment?]

RunAround
2014-02-10, 02:57 PM
(Hey Gene since Heat tori is still sharing his perception, when I see through his mind what do I see? He's down stairs with the scrolls and i'm upstairs in the empty room right?)

gac3
2014-02-10, 03:35 PM
(Hey Gene since Heat tori is still sharing his perception, when I see through his mind what do I see? He's down stairs with the scrolls and i'm upstairs in the empty room right?)

You see the complete book case with scrolls. You even see Hattori's hands touching them as he gropes the empty space even though all he feels empty space and then wall.

RunAround
2014-02-10, 04:25 PM
[Yeah I had no idea you had intangibility powers teach, how about you show that off later and show the council those scrolls already]

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 05:17 PM
Hattori's frustration is beginning to show.

[My patience is waning. At present, no one in this cellar can see anything beyond emptiness and stone walls. Peer under the door to this sub-level and see if your perception of it's contents remains true.]

"Another moment of your time gentlemen; we are attempting to locate the scrolls that were described earlier but have since been magically obscured. Additionally, should either of you posses the skills necessary to discern magical effects, I would ask that you put those skills to use."

gac3
2014-02-10, 05:18 PM
Hattori's frustration is beginning to show.

[My patience is waning. At present, no one in this cellar can see anything beyond emptiness and stone walls. Peer under the door to this sub-level and see if your perception of it's contents remains true.]

"Another moment of your time gentlemen; we are attempting to locate the scrolls that were described earlier but have since been magically obscured."

They both nod but you can see they are still unsure of what is happening.

RunAround
2014-02-10, 05:53 PM
Confused, Din opens the hatch and looks down at the completely fine library full of scrolls of orcs. "Show them one of the scrolls Hattori" Din points to a random one.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 07:11 PM
(Just waiting to make sure you didn't jump to any conclusions Connor; Gene may have some plans that differ from what you wrote.)

gac3
2014-02-10, 07:36 PM
(Just waiting to make sure you didn't jump to any conclusions Connor; Gene may have some plans that differ from what you wrote.)

I was so close to going on a small lecture about how you shouldn't assume things, but this time he was on the money, so go ahead.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 08:02 PM
Hattori is utterly confused... He walks over to the wall opposite of the now "invisible" shelf shaking his head as if to clear the cobwebs.

"If you please young master Din; I fear I am losing my mind and cannot see any furniture or items located in this room. Though, the two gentlemen with me cannot see them either, so it stands to reason that this cellar has been enchanted. If you can still locate the scrolls after entering, grab a few and let us leave this cursed room in order that we may prove our earlier testimony."

gac3
2014-02-10, 08:07 PM
((For the record, feel free [especially when doing things with these scrolls] to make up names on them. Just don't tell much about who they are without my approval. Make sense?))

RunAround
2014-02-10, 08:09 PM
Still confused, Din enters the basement and grabs a scroll or two

(if he can't grab one and it's just intangible he's just gonna look confused, if he can grab them he'll say he got them and ask Hattori and the rest of the people to come back up with him, weither is appears or not i'll just show it to them out of the building.)

edit: (I just grab two utterly random ones)

gac3
2014-02-10, 08:16 PM
Still confused, Din enters the basement and grabs a scroll or two

(if he can't grab one and it's just intangible he's just gonna look confused, if he can grab them he'll say he got them and ask Hattori and the rest of the people to come back up with him, weither is appears or not i'll just show it to them out of the building.)

edit: (I just grab two utterly random ones)

You can grab it but it does not appear in Hattori's eyes. When you get outside (if you show it to them) you get a series of questions at what you were trying to show. Korgul is the only one to speak up and say, "He is trying to show us the scroll."

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 08:27 PM
Hattori stares off in no particular direction...

"I simply do not understand... The scrolls... hell, the cellar itself, were as real and tangible as you or I. Even these scrolls that were secured not one day ago are perfectly fine. Yet for some reason I, and everyone but the young masters Din and Korgul, are unable to see the furniture and items located in the cellar as well as the rest of these scrolls..."

He slumps down into a "thinking" posture on the ground, uncorks his jug, and tries to make sense of all this...

gac3
2014-02-10, 08:30 PM
Hattori stares off in no particular direction...

"I simply do not understand... The scrolls... hell, the cellar itself, were as real and tangible as you or I. Even these scrolls that were secured not one day ago are perfectly fine. Yet for some reason I, and everyone but the young masters Din and Korgul, are unable to see the furniture and items located in the cellar as well as the rest of these scrolls..."

He slumps down into a "thinking" posture on the ground, uncorks his jug, and tries to make sense of all this...

Korgul thinks for a moment and says, "The scrolls Din has look pretty real to me..."
The Council all pretty much stare at the tree of you, waiting to see what happens.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 08:47 PM
(I got nothin'. If they don't believe us with the scrolls we have, and they can't see where the scrolls came from or any new scrolls, I can't think of a single way to prove where we got these.)

gac3
2014-02-10, 08:51 PM
(I got nothin'. If they don't believe us with the scrolls we have, and they can't see where the scrolls came from or any new scrolls, I can't think of a single way to prove where we got these.)

If only there was some higher power who you may be able to ask what happened...

RunAround
2014-02-10, 09:36 PM
[Hey other two party members how about you get off your ass and ask the pantheon what the hell is going on in this cellar?]

gac3
2014-02-10, 09:37 PM
[Hey other two party members how about you get off your ass and ask the pantheon what the hell is going on in this cellar?]

There is no response and you realize that while at first you had been distracted, they have not thought anything (at least through the connection) in a while. And now you cannot sense them.

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-10, 10:59 PM
Hattori slams his cork home, forces his sheath into his belt-rope, and stands up violently.

"Enough. There are forces at work here beyond the scope of our abilities; that much is readily apparent. We have wasted enough time with this mindless tangant, let us waste no further moments."

Hattori turns to the councilmen, "You wanted to know where we had obtained our information; we showed you the scrolls. You requested the location of said scrolls; you have been led to that very place. If your thirst for menial details is not satiated, then continue with your own precious time; ours has been squandered quite enough. Pursue us if you must, but we have a mission from a higher authority than yourselves that can no longer be set aside. Once that task has been completed, we shall readily answer to any petty inquiries you still harbor; until such a time comes, leave us to our work."

[We need to figure out what is going on. Request the company of your father and the young master Korgul and let us return to the deities to sort all this out as well as see why we can no longer communicate with the rest of our group.]

Hattori heads back to the ship with the intent of asking the first deity he comes upon about the series of events that have just transpired.

RunAround
2014-02-10, 11:09 PM
Din does as Hattori suggested.

gac3
2014-02-11, 03:01 PM
The council gather and speak with each other quietly but do not attempt to stop you.

Upon reaching the boat, (assuming your intent is as you say to find the first deity you see) the deities are sitting in the war room, along with Guarg. Your two companions are nowhere to be found. An extra seat was added for Guarg, leaving four empty seats.

((It doesn't matter much now but my apologies for forgetting Din's father in the last couple scenes. For some reason my mind blanked him out but he accompanied you to the shack and now back to the boat.))

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-11, 05:01 PM
Hattori respectfully bows and asks forgiveness for interrupting the gathering; he then relays the most recent events in an effort to gain the insight of those present as to the next steps that need to be taken.

gac3
2014-02-12, 04:29 PM
Hattori respectfully bows and asks forgiveness for interrupting the gathering; he then relays the most recent events in an effort to gain the insight of those present as to the next steps that need to be taken.

Do you tell them the stuff you ease dropped to learn about the conversation between Korgul and Gruumsh? He did not tell you about the conversation and may not know if you heard. If you still don't trust him it might not be good to let him know that you know the things?

(I also find it an odd coincidence that I added two NPC's to the party, who will not always be with you all. And they technically replace the two we lost.)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-12, 05:10 PM
(First off; giantitp keeps logging me out randomly and it's becoming increasingly more frustrating having to log in 2 or 3 times simply trying to refresh a page or view another post. I just lost my reply on this particular logout :smallmad:

Secondly; I guess I should have been more specific. I asked them about the items in the room becoming invisible to everyone except Din and Korgul and what our next course of action should be since we now have Korgul's scroll. Additionally, you said that we could no longer sense our other two party members. I thought that was more plot development, so that's why I brought it up to the deities.)

gac3
2014-02-13, 06:28 AM
(I do have plot planned for that, I was just noticing the coincidence or you all recruiting two NPCs and losing two PCs.)

As always with the Pantheon they switch speakers often and without hesitation, sometimes mid sentence.
"We are unsure where your companions have disappeared too but we have reason to believe they may be perfectly fine and have closed off their minds for other reasons. We are tracking them down and will alert you to their presence as soon as possible.
"For now, may we see the scroll Din received that the rest of you could not perceive?"

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-13, 11:27 AM
[I was merely flailing in thin air; did you secure an invisible scroll young master Din?]

"In order to be as clear as possible; it was not merely a single item that became shielded from all senses. An entire room's contents were only observable by the two young Orcs present out of a council of several other humanoids. My mind is still reeling from the fact that even with all of my rigorous mental training, I was unable to overcome this enchantment..."

RunAround
2014-02-13, 02:20 PM
Din plops the 2 scrolls he grabed on the table.

gac3
2014-02-13, 03:13 PM
[I was merely flailing in thin air; did you secure an invisible scroll young master Din?]

"In order to be as clear as possible; it was not merely a single item that became shielded from all senses. An entire room's contents were only observable by the two young Orcs present out of a council of several other humanoids. My mind is still reeling from the fact that even with all of my rigorous mental training, I was unable to overcome this enchantment..."

"Odd... but there may be ways of accomplishing this... This is not something we have heard of Mortals doing before."

Din plops the 2 scrolls he grabed on the table.

Seeing the action of Din plopping the scrolls on the table, they turn immediately to Guarg. Pantheon: "Can you see what your grandson placed on the table?"
Guarg: "The scrolls? What of it?
Ioun transforms into a identical version of Din's mother and (as only Din can actually see, Hattori would see the movements but not the scroll) picks up the scroll. She then returns to her normal form and the scroll fall through her hand.
"This is clearly the work of Gruumsh. Only he would have the reason and power enough to do this. It would appear that he has made the scrolls, along with whatever else was left in the room, existing only to orcs." (Might seem like weird wording there but assume that I do not have the divine skill with words that she would and feel free to mentally pretty it up as long as the point [hopefully] got across.)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-13, 08:46 PM
Hattori shakes his head with a smile and says under his breath, "Enchanted by a god... at least it was no mere mortal."

"So what of our plans now Lady Ioun? We have the young master Korgul's scroll."

gac3
2014-02-13, 10:40 PM
"Gruumsh is obviously the one of the nine with the most hold over this town. We will need to free this town from his influence before we can handle the others. We believe you should rest up and begin training."

(Unless any of you have something specific you want to say or do, we can fast forward a couple days with you all training and preparing to take on Gruumsh. If you want to do that, then your characters should gain about six levels. [If you feel that is not enough... I am completely open to you all gaining two more on top of that... warning... god fight approaching... I feel since its just two of you now, you should probably be at least level 10 after this training...] you won't always be leveling up this fast but I owe you some, some are to make up for losing members of your party, and some are because I either level you up quick at first or your godly enemies would have to be relatively pathetic in terms of total power level.)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-14, 12:52 AM
(Wow... I'd love to see the montage for the training that would rocket us 6 levels :smallwink:. So, just to be clear; do you want us to be level 8 or 10? I don't think you need to feel obligated to toss any levels at us at all, but since you were asking, level 11 would net us a Paragon Path. Just my 2c.)

RunAround
2014-02-14, 01:15 AM
I'm new to the whole d&d system so I don't really know what i'm talking about, but maybe 10 is a good place to get to, and then once we defeat a god we can head down that paragon path, but yeah idk. I just know that'll i'll probably need help leveling my character again :smalltongue:

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-14, 08:41 AM
(I've still got your character saved in the builder Connor, and I don't mind helping you flesh him out again. Also, a Paragon Path is kind of like adding unique flavor to your character; sort of defining him even more. It gives you additional powers as you level that are tailored to that particular theme, allows some neat things to happen when you use an action point, things like that.)

gac3
2014-02-14, 09:59 AM
I'm good with ten for now. You will probably get to 11 by the time you actually reach Gruumsh as there will be a few more challenges in between. Remember your being trained by gods, so a few days of intense training may be all it takes. But when I said I owed you a few levels, I mean because you've earned them by dealing with the issues and challenges rather well in my opinion. And I just needed to get a decent leveled group (had the others stayed you would have been about half as strong now) because a level 5 retired guardian with a small alcohol problem and his young level 5 apprentice wouldn't exactly be reasonably powerful to survive a mission to defeat/trap Gruumsh (even a stealth mission as those always have too much potential to go bad.)

Edit: For effect Get training (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhlPAj38rHc)

Mr. Wongburger
2014-02-15, 05:51 PM
(Alrighty, Hattori's leveled and his new sheet is on my google drive at the link I posted in our OOC thread. You should peruse my store of items just in case I overstepped my bounds of what I can and cannot have (for example, I took a blessing from Ioun). I don't mind removing anything you don't feel comfortable with me having. Connor and I are going to try and hash out his character tomorrow (I'm letting him build it in my character builder for simplicity's sake) so hopefully we'll have that finished up soon. I'm considering posting it in the same manner I posted mine (and giving him editing rights) unless you would rather we keep editing things in myth-weavers.)