PDA

View Full Version : List of White WOlf Quotes

CowardlyPaladin
2014-01-18, 01:40 AM
One of the things I have always liked about White Wolf is that they include real life quotes in all of their books. As I am in college and can't afford any of their books, does anybody have a list of all of the quotes they use and where they put them? Don't put any information from the books or copyrighted stuff, just write down the quote and where they put it, because i'm always curious about how people use quotes. Thanks alot and if anybody is also interested let me know. Personally i'm coming up with a list of quotes for summing up D&D

CowardlyPaladin
2014-01-18, 02:51 AM
Some quotes I would like to have for D&D (Note some are for homebrew classes in my game"

Player Character: “Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.”- Napoleon

Courtier: “Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever”-Lord of Betrayal

Wizard- “Yer a wizard, ’Arry!” – Hagrid

Assassin- “You’ve been struck by a smooth criminal.” – Michael Jackson

Alchemist: “Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy’s first law of Equivalent Exchange.” – Full Metal Alchemist

Priest: "In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

Warlock “What can be more beautiful than doing a job that puts your soul at risk?! Thats what it means to be alive!”-Crimson Alchemist

Rogue: "Give me sweet lies and keep your bitter truths"

Herbalist: “You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking,” he began. […] I don’t expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses … I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death — if you aren’t as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

Champion: “Fame, recognition-A paladin does not seek these things. It was enough to serve and have good come from that”- Pio Koon:

Warlord- “Veni, Vidi, Vici. (I came, I saw, I conquered)”- Julius Caesar

Archivist: “But why?! I just wanted to understand this world’s knowledge. I wanted to experience it, free. I just wanted to be free! FREE TO KNOW!”-Dwarf in the Flask

Paladin “What you call the indifference of nation is your own lack of compassion. Against Nature’s silence I use action, In the vast indifference I invent a meaning, I don’t watch unmoved I intervene, and say that this and this are wrong, and I work to alter them and improve them”- Marat

Truenamer: “Fear names. Names have power in identity. Others can use names as weapons. Names are a hook that can be used to track you across the planes. Remain nameless, and you shall be safe. I am the Nameless One.”

Noble: “Did it not occur to you that perhaps my cause, and not yours, is the cause of right and justice? That your ambition to rule this world is but the youthful craving of a petty noble, who has gained too much power, but never enough?”

Prestige Class

Archmage- “Their are no men like me. Only me.”- Jamie Lannister

Loremaster: “With a dreamy far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book, no denying she’s a funny girl, that Belle.” – Beauty and the Beast

Time Mage: “People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint – it’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly… time-y wimey… stuff.”

Blackguard: “It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it”: Darth Traya

Warchanter: “Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment.”-Napoleon

Ur Priest: “I am walking down a path of no return, so I will leave behind me every gift I’ve received from God.”-Scar

Lord- “A leader is a dealer in hope” – Napoleon

Defiler- “Every Death, even the cruelest death, drowns in the total indifference of nature. Nature would watch, unmoved if we destroyed the entire human race”- Sade, Marat/Sade

*Alignment*

Introduction "What is truth, is truth unchanging law? We both have truths, are min the same as yours?"-Pilot

Good: “I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
- Atticus Finch”

Law: "Dura lex, sed lex."- The law is harsh, but it's the law.
—Roman maxim.

Evil: History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people-Dr. King

Neutrality:

Chaos:
"Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one."
— Mark Twain

Neutral: The law will never make men free, it is men that have to make the law free.
— Henry David Thoreau

Lawful Good- "No man is an island, entire of itself, and therefore, never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee"

Neutral Good-"There is no man nor women, no slave nor free, no Jew nor Gentile"-St. Paul

Chaotic Good- “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.” - St. Paul

Lawful Neutral- "Vhailor: When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.
The Nameless One: I see.
Vhailor: No, you do NOT see. Pray you NEVER will. "

True Neutral:"I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side..."
— Treebeard, The Lord of the Rings

Chaotic Neutral: "Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly... stupid."

— Captain Jack Sparrow,

Lawful Evil- Power always thinks it is doing God's Work when it is violating its laws- John Adams

Neutral Evil- There is no such thing as good or evil, only power and those too weak to seek it"

Chaotic Evil- There is a beast in every man, and it awakens when you put a sword in his hand"

Unaligned: "A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned? "- Dr. Manhattan

Spells

“Power resides where men thinks it resides, its a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow”- Varys: The Opening to Illusion spells

Hero’s Feast

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." – J.R.R. Tolkien

Zone of Truth
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.- John Adams
The Ways (Ennegrams in my game are an alternative AL system)

1- “We must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty.”

2- “The Things I do for Love”- Jamie Lannister

3- “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.”- Littlefinger

4- There isn’t any magic but your no is still stronger than your yes"

5- “I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine”- Freedy Trumper Chess

6- “Yes, faith! Faith allows us to believe that which we know not to be true!”- Lucy, Nosferatu the Vampire

7- Fortune Favors the Bold

8- “There are no true knights, no more than there are gods. If you can’t protect yourself, die and get out of the way of those who can. Sharp steel and strong arms rule this world, don’t ever believe any different.”- The Hound

9-Is it a sin to be weak hearted? Not everyone's strong. Not everyone can stand being despised.