PDA

View Full Version : Build Help

Ace Nex
2014-01-18, 02:17 AM
I'm making a Favored Soul (I must use this class)/Sacred Exorcist (Must use for this class too) Anyone have any advice on what to do post 10th level (FS 9/SE 1)

I was thinking about a possible Build with

Favored Soul 5 (5)
Wizard 1 (6)
Mystic Theruge 2 (8)
Sacred Exorcist 1 (9)
Mystic Theruge 3-10 (19)
Then another level of Favored Soul for 20

Feats:
1st: Empower Spell
Bonus (Human): Persist Spell
3rd: Initiate of Mystra
6th: Southern Magician
9th: DMM Empower
12th: DMM Persist
15th: Invisible Spell
18th: Craft Contingent Spell

Rounds out with 19th level casting for Divine Spells, and counts as an 11th level wizard, so up to 6th level with all the fun mid level Wizard Spells. Won't be going for Wizard damaging spells, mostly utility/No save spells.

This build is mostly going to be a party support/buffer character with some flashy Cleric spells as well. While weaker than a Cleric/Wiz, I rather liked Favored soul and wanted to give it some more spells and Wizards make the best in that department, but I'm open to suggestions (Hence why I posted it)

We start at 10th level, and I'm in a party with 8 other people, (and no divine casters, a psion/swordsage, and an Artificer. We're lacking in the spell department.)

Skevvix
2014-01-18, 08:28 AM
I'm making a Favored Soul (I must use this class)/Sacred Exorcist (Must use for this class too) Anyone have any advice on what to do post 10th level (FS 9/SE 1)

I was thinking about a possible Build with

Favored Soul 5 (5)
Wizard 1 (6)
Mystic Theurge 3 (9)
Sacred Exorcist 1 (10)
Mystic Theurge 4-10 (17)
Then another level of Favored Soul for 20

You still have 2 levels to spend, and you don't qualify for SE with this as it was, you need 8th level FS to get either pre-req spell, so add one more level of MT and you're fine. If you're fine with your wizardiness where it is, then you can just get 2 more levels of SE for Chosen Foe, or if you want more wizardry you can pick up another dual progresser.

Feats:
1st: Empower Spell Extend Spell you mean?
Bonus (Human): Persist Spell
3rd: Initiate of Mystra
6th: Southern Magician
9th: DMM Empower Again, you mean Extend, right?
12th: DMM Persist
15th: Invisible Spell
18th: Craft Contingent Spell

Rounds out with 19th level casting for Divine Spells, and counts as an 11th level wizard, so up to 6th level with all the fun mid level Wizard Spells. Won't be going for Wizard damaging spells, mostly utility/No save spells.

This build is mostly going to be a party support/buffer character with some flashy Cleric spells as well. While weaker than a Cleric/Wiz, I rather liked Favored soul and wanted to give it some more spells and Wizards make the best in that department, but I'm open to suggestions (Hence why I posted it)

We start at 10th level, and I'm in a party with 8 other people, (and no divine casters, a psion/swordsage, and an Artificer. We're lacking in the spell department.)

Instead of Wiz, have you considered Sorc for the Cha synergy?

Ace Nex
2014-01-18, 03:35 PM
Thanks for catching my math Error. Trying to play around with the levels and it's more difficult than I anticipated.

That being said, I do want empower, it adds quite a bit to the damage spectrum, and I also found a few good spells from obscure books that allow variable stat boosts (You can see where this is going with DMM Empower stacking). Wizardry is better, sorc I would lose 4 CL, but with the Southern Magician feat I get a 2nd level spell at 1st level, so I only lose 1 CL. There are plenty of spells that have no saves (orbs of force, solid fog, grants immediate magic for "I dodge this" shenanigans.) and are good.

That being said, I am having trouble getting the levels to mesh. I may have to swap it around for FS levels 1 to 4, then wiz 1, then go MT for 6 levels and take SE/DMM empower at 12. End build is the same, but I get the DMM stacking later.

Sian
2014-01-18, 03:39 PM
IIRC, Persistent Spell have prereq; Extend spell ...

Ace Nex
2014-01-18, 03:44 PM
Oh... well, I should learn to read. My bad =P

Petrocorus
2014-01-18, 08:06 PM
Is it Initiate of Mystra that let you qualify for MT with only one lvl of wizard?

nedz
2014-01-18, 08:39 PM
You should consider Spontaneous Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm) instead of Favoured Soul.
This gets domains and TU and so you wouldn't need Sacred Exorcist.

Either way: taking DMM for a +1 metamagic seems pointless since you are a spontaneous caster and so could just use a higher level spell slot on the fly.