PDA

View Full Version : judge my warforged army set up!

chainer1216
2014-01-18, 03:52 AM
so, i'm running an (3.5) eberron game where the lord of blades has decided to make a statement on a national scale, so i've gone about making a fairly basic set up for his army, since i want to give off the feeling of being very regimented and organized.

now i've read a few of the novels in the setting and i get the feeling that the lord of blades' warforged look down on spellcasters, so i intend on them being very magic light outside of stuff to heal them, so assume equipment is mostly simply +1 at best.

the typical warforged unit consists of 10 warforged:
2 "Vanguards" fighter1/barbarian4 using 2h weapons
2 "scouts" rogue5, set up to fight both at range and in melee
4 "artillery" PF gunslinger musket master 5, with attached bayonets
1 "greaser" Artifacer 5 with a wand sheath and a wand of repair moderate damage and probably some scrolls
1 "commander" which would often be a more unique warforged, but the "typical" one would probably be crusader6 focusing on white raven or other things that help the group.
(what would the CR of such a group be?)

on top of all that they have a large number of warforged titans and warforged raptors.

Siege stuff: as you saw, i use the pathfinder firearms rules in my game, and i plan on having the warforged make great use of "dragon powder" weapons, which are new and fairly rare right now.

Recently they got the plans for the clockwork towers ( http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070423a ) and have replaced the telescope in the observatory with a fiends mouth cannon

and then they've captured Argonth, the floating fortress from Breland, and have another, nearly identical, floating fortress that they found in the mournland, they've outfitted both with many cannons.

and to top it all off they have Construct, which is a city built on hundreds or thousands of platforms with construct legs on the bottom of them, so its very modular and very mobile.

oh and lets not forget the Mournland itself, healing magic doesn't work there, and there's a pretty big stigma about going in, so many nations would be unwilling to mount a full offensive against them

so all that seems like a pretty solid set up, very mobile, suited for gorilla warfare, which is fitting, but what do you fine people think? how do you think a nation like Breland would react to an army like this being aggressive towards them?