PDA

View Full Version : Feat to overcome immunity to crits

beowulf_gr
2014-01-18, 07:02 AM
Does anyone know of a feat to overcome immunity to crits? I seem to remember to have seen one but I cannot find it anymore

Skevvix
2014-01-18, 07:17 AM
Does anyone know of a feat to overcome immunity to crits? I seem to remember to have seen one but I cannot find it anymore

It depends on what you are trying to crit. Have you looked at the Augment Crystals in MiC? Truedeath Crystal lets you crit, and SA undead, there is also one for constructs.

beowulf_gr
2014-01-18, 07:37 AM
Any ideas that help crit anything that is currently not critable (undead etc, fortification), even if it has only a % chance of working

Osiris
2014-01-18, 08:13 AM
Greater Demolition Crystal (MIC 65) lets you crit and Sneak Attack constructs, and somebody already mentioned the undead one. Deathstrike Bracers (MIC 93) do the rest. There you go, hope this helps.

DarkSonic1337
2014-01-18, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately I have yet to find anything that overcomes fortification.

D&D uses way to many absolute statements Q_Q

Ketiara
2014-01-18, 10:02 AM
The scout/ranger use the feat swifthunter to overcome Crit immunity on their favorite enemy

SinsI
2014-01-18, 10:11 AM
Greater Demolition Crystal (MIC 65) lets you crit and Sneak Attack constructs, and somebody already mentioned the undead one. Deathstrike Bracers (MIC 93) do the rest. There you go, hope this helps.
Deathstrike Bracers don't work on Warshapers, though.

Agincourt
2014-01-18, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately I have yet to find anything that overcomes fortification.

D&D uses way to many absolute statements Q_Q

If a character spends 36,000+ GP on their armor or shield, I think it's reasonable to expect it to work.

beowulf_gr
2014-01-18, 10:48 AM
But it's also reasonable to expect a weapon costing 1mil GP to be able to counter the 36k armor...

ShurikVch
2014-01-18, 11:45 AM
The only one I know is Supernatural Blow (http://dndtools.eu/feats/masters-of-the-wild-a-guidebook-to-barbarians-druids-and-rangers--44/supernatural-blow--2845/) from Masters of the Wild

Also, [epic] feat Destructive Attack from Dragon #297 allow to use Death Attack vs "plant, undead, and construct targets".

DarkSonic1337
2014-01-18, 02:20 PM
If a character spends 36,000+ GP on their armor or shield, I think it's reasonable to expect it to work.

The 36,000k armor enchantment is not the only source of fortification. I'm quite fond of the Heart of X line of spells, which are all fairly useful on their own with long durations and give you heavy fortification when you have them together.

Yomega
2014-01-18, 02:34 PM
There are scarabs (sorry I dont know the actual individual names) that bypas crit imunity of various creature.

A player bought one called a golembane scarab he explained there were more but I never bothered to look it up, I can be a lazy DM sometimes

Nirhael
2014-01-18, 02:38 PM
There are scarabs (sorry I dont know the actual individual names) that bypas crit imunity of various creature.

A player bought one called a golembane scarab he explained there were more but I never bothered to look it up, I can be a lazy DM sometimes

Sounds like your player wasn't exactly honest because this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#scarabGolembane) doesn't seem to match the effect you described.

Big Fau
2014-01-18, 05:12 PM
Deathstrike Bracers don't work on Warshapers, though.

How often is a Rogue going to fight a Warshaper?

Better question: How often is the Rogue going to survive long enough to Sneak Attack a Warshaper?

@OP: By a certain reading, the Dragonfire Strike feat can let you Sneak Attack anything not immune to your Draconic Heritage's energy type.

Snowbluff
2014-01-18, 05:36 PM
@OP: By a certain reading, the Dragonfire Strike feat can let you Sneak Attack anything not immune to your Draconic Heritage's energy type.

Energy Resistance/Immunity is the second most used armor.

Azoth
2014-01-18, 06:48 PM
Spend 4 levels in rogue and take the Penetrating Strike ACF...then find a flank buddy.

Snowbluff
2014-01-18, 06:54 PM
Spend 4 levels in rogue and take the Penetrating Strike ACF...then find a flank buddy.

After 4 levels of Rogue, take 4 levels of ranger for Distracting Attack.

Yomega
2014-01-18, 08:19 PM
Sounds like your player wasn't exactly honest because this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#scarabGolembane) doesn't seem to match the effect you described.

Teach me to assume a experienced player knows what he is doing

Bullet06320
2014-01-18, 08:48 PM
I came across a feat, chink in the armor, that allows sneak attack to work on constructs and undead, but I cant find it anywhere, there is one by that name in song and silence, but the one I was told about was an epic feat, I suspect it was homebrewed by the dm that allowed it tho

Seclora
2014-01-18, 09:44 PM
Anti-magic would disable Fortification. buy a few scrolls of it for that.

There are also spells, Golem Strike (http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-adventurer--54/golem-strike--372/)(Wiz/Sorc), Vine Strike (http://dndtools.eu/spells/spell-compendium--86/vine-strike--4733/)(Dru/Ran), and Grave Strike (http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-adventurer--54/grave-strike--373/) (Cle/Pal) which will let you Sneak Attack[but not crit] Constructs, Plants, and Undead respectively. All are 1st level Divination spells.
A Rogue could get scrolls of those too.

Still no idea how to crit Oozes.
Gorram Oozes.

beowulf_gr
2014-01-19, 06:12 AM
If only I were a rogue and not a barbarian. Also taking the 4 levels isn't really an option with an ECL of 37 as it would take about 150k XP. I can't even use the scrolls. :smallfrown:

SinsI
2014-01-19, 12:49 PM
Better question: How often is the Rogue going to survive long enough to Sneak Attack a Warshaper?

If the rogue is flying and sneak attacking with ranged touch attacks from outside the warshaper's reach - often enough.

To gain extra damage from sneak attack, sudden strike or skirmish to convert into fire you first have to gain that extra damage - which you don't get against creatures immune to critical hits. Just because you are making fire attacks doesn't mean opponent is automatically growing extra Achilles heels.

ShurikVch
2014-01-19, 02:57 PM
Anti-magic would disable Fortification. buy a few scrolls of it for that. Dispelling and Greater Dispelling weapon (MIC 33, both +1) also may beat Fortification

Still no idea how to crit Oozes.
Gorram Oozes. Supernatural Blow+Favored Enemy(Oozes)