PDA

View Full Version : Easy Bake Question

TabletopGamer
2014-01-18, 09:42 AM
ok so while trying my hand at putting together a Easy Bake Wizard build after reading the handbook and the like I noticed something.

Collegiate Wizard and Greyhawk Method do not actually in text state they replace the normal 3+Int at 1rst level or the +2 from each additional level.

Is it just me or does it seem to imply you add +6 and +4 at level 1 in addition to the 3+Int(Assuming flaws) and 2+4+4 for every level thereafter?

This is not even including the Domain Wizard ACF or the Elf Generalist which both add +1 more spells (The domain at every other level)

If it does not state specifically that it replaces something does it get replaced? It is suggested but not said outright, right?

JBarca
2014-01-18, 11:36 AM
For Collegiate Wizard, there is a "Benefit" section and a "Normal" section. This typically means that you receive the former in place of the latter. The benefit is that you begin with six 1st level spells, with extras for Int. The "Normal" section states the typical rule. There is no use of the word "additional" or "extra."
The same idea can be applied to Greyhawk Method.
At least as far as I'm aware.

TabletopGamer
2014-01-18, 01:16 PM
Well normally they would say in addition too or in replacement of which was kind of my point.

The normally section is just to show what happens without the feat. It states you only get 2 per level rather then the new additional ones added to it.

JBarca
2014-01-18, 02:51 PM
Well normally they would say in addition too or in replacement of which was kind of my point.

The normally section is just to show what happens without the feat. It states you only get 2 per level rather then the new additional ones added to it.

Aye.
Normally is right. Hence my saying that it's not the case this time, ie they don't "stack."
I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.

TabletopGamer
2014-01-18, 03:37 PM
But my point is that it does not state they replace it and the normal part is just showing what you get without the feats.

So unless it states it is a replacement it does not clearly show it is a replacement.
And I do believe the Greyhawk stacks with it because they do not state no other feat does this and there is no preq that requires you to have a 2+INT

So maybe say CW replaces the normal method.
4+4 would be the normal running, +1 for Elf Generalist +1 Domain would be 10

But my point is that it does not actually say it replaces that.

Yuki Akuma
2014-01-18, 03:58 PM
Every feat with a "Normal" section replaces the text of that section with the "Benefit" section. It's just a reminder.

Why would Collegiate Wizard be different from all the other feats that do that?

ZamielVanWeber
2014-01-18, 04:03 PM
Greyhawk Method and Collegiate Wizard both set it to a number. Compare to the text of Elven Generalist which adds instead.