PDA

View Full Version : 9th level swordsage/sneak attack tripper equipment

kpumphre
2014-01-18, 02:25 PM
Hi I'm playing 8th level sword sage/1 fighter

So far the only item I found is strong arm bracers so I can use sized weapons. I am TWF, and have tumble maxed out at 12 ranks.

I could use some advice for other equipment 36k gold

Kennisiou
2014-01-18, 03:13 PM
Honestly, + sized gear and tripping basically screams spiked chain. Problematic since you can't TWF with it, but if retraining is allowed consider retraining Two Weapon Fighting into Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Spiked Chain. You get super huge reach and tripping within all of that area you threaten. It's super strong.

Otherwise look into using a Khopesh as your primary weapon. Another exotic weapon, but it's one of the few one handed weapons in the game that can make trip attacks.

kpumphre
2014-01-18, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I'm out of feats so not going EWP. I just want to know of stuff like one thing I found Amulet of team work gives +2 to damage when flanking

herrhauptmann
2014-01-18, 05:13 PM
Steadfast boots.
Better if you've got a two hander, but still good at protecting you from counter-trips.

What about the kusari-gama? Isn't that a chain style weapon that you can go TWF with?

Big Fau
2014-01-18, 05:18 PM
It's expensive at your level, but the Hunter's Bracers from Secrets of Xen'Drik give +1d6 Sneak Attack.