PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ELH Metapsionics

Captnq
2014-01-18, 09:01 PM
Epic Level handbook has rules for converting Metamagic feats into Metapsionic feats. It is specifically listed as VARIANT: Epic Psionic Feats, but it basically discusses non epic feats. So...

Are Metamagic feats turned into Metapsionic feats only for epic level play?
Are they a variant and thus not RAW metapsionic feats?
Should I covert every metamagic feat that isn't already a metapsionic feat to a metapsionic feat, if I want to claim to have a list of every metapsionic power? Or does that not apply because it's 3.0 and from the EPIC handbook?

Would you as a DM ALLOW such feats in your game?

Remember epic handbook is 3.0, but never updated.
Bottom of page 49 of the epic level handbook, if you wish to read it yourself to decide.

Some would obviously not apply. Like Black Lore of Moil. No way that can be converted because there are no necromancy psionic powers. But I'm looking to claim "complete" here. As in, "Every last One, no really."

AuraTwilight
2014-01-19, 05:32 AM
Are Metamagic feats turned into Metapsionic feats only for epic level play?

I'd say no; they shouldn't be any more epic than Metamagic.

Are they a variant and thus not RAW metapsionic feats?

Variants are still technically RAW. They're written down officially, aren't they?

Should I covert every metamagic feat that isn't already a metapsionic feat to a metapsionic feat, if I want to claim to have a list of every metapsionic power? Or does that not apply because it's 3.0 and from the EPIC handbook?

Up to you, bro. Convert them if you want.

Honestly, it might not be worth the trouble. Augmenting psionic powers by spending more Power Points already fills the same function as Metamagic.

Chronos
2014-01-19, 09:14 AM
I think that they're in the same territory, rules-wise, as the custom magic item creation guidelines: That is, they're suggestions for the DM, but the DM is explicitly free to use them, ignore them, or anything in between, and players should not make any assumptions about what their DM will choose.