PDA

View Full Version : More hits than a hecatonchires?!

Undertucker
2014-01-18, 09:46 PM
Ok, so the title may be hyperbole.. the idea is to get as many bodily hits from a deep dwarf as possible. Race is locked in for RP reasons.

So far I've thrown the Lucid template on him for 2 claws, levels in Chaos Monk for the +1d4 attacks, a Whirling Frenzy Barbarian dip, and Fist of the Forest for the rage-bite. This is a fair few, but I'd like some more.. so I'm opening it up to the playground.

Ideally I'd like to keep his BAB at level 20 as 16 or more. +16 BAB, with the rage & frenzy up, should have him looking at +13, +13, +13(x1d4), +13, +8, +8, +8, +3, -2 as his full round attack with his various body parts.

Is there some way for me to get a slam easily? Or a gore? Or suggestions for some other way to get more unarmed & natural attacks. I want to avoid any wildshaping or polymorphing.
13 of his class levels are open, and the only locked in feats are great fort and power attack to pick up FotF. All suggestions welcome.

Any and all 3.5 content is on the table for this too.

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-18, 09:52 PM
Try totem rager with a bunch of soul melds that give you extra natural attacks.

Zweisteine
2014-01-18, 09:58 PM
If you're set on being a Dwarf, you might be a bit stuck, because at least a few ways to get more attacks are race-limited.

For example, the build in the spoiler here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16818791&postcount=11) gets 120 attacks in the first round of combat. After that, it only gets 72 every other round, though.

EDIT: If you want to avoid polymorphing as well, you may have a hard time getting there.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-18, 10:00 PM
A Warshaper from Complete Warrior can grow additional natural weapons with no stated limitation, and then grow them larger for increased damage over and over again. The only limit is that its class features only function when you're in a form other than your own. So throw on a template that can shapechange at will, like a Natural Lycanthrope, or just get a single level of Psion (Egoist) with the Change Shape ACF (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070314a) (if your DM agrees that a minor change in appearance constituting a disguise is enough for you to count as being in a form other than your own). Grow ten-thousand-tentacles and make them all deal colossal-plus-size damage, and you can use that natural weapon group as your primary weapon on a full attack so they all swing at your full attack bonus and full Str to damage.

Azoth
2014-01-18, 10:09 PM
1)Become immune to ability damage
2)Buy as many tentacle whip symbiots as your WBL can afford
3)Go Druid/Sacred Exorcist/ Sacred Fist
4) Profit!

Load up on buffs to become a mele natural attack beast, DMM Persist to help with this. Then wade into combat with Unarmed strikes, as many natural attacks as your spells will give you, and then let your buffed up symbiots attack on their own with their 15ft of reach. A great way to go is touch attack spells that give a charge per caster level. At lvl20 even the piddly Produce Flame can unload 20d6+100 (average170 fire damage) in a single round without caster level shenanigans.

Snowbluff
2014-01-18, 10:14 PM
A Warshaper from Complete Warrior can grow additional natural weapons with no stated limitation, and then grow them larger for increased damage over and over again.
You have that in the wrong order. That's the stated limitation. Simply put, if you already have a weapon of that category, it grows.

CIDE
2014-01-18, 10:38 PM
A Warshaper from Complete Warrior can grow additional natural weapons with no stated limitation, and then grow them larger for increased damage over and over again. The only limit is that its class features only function when you're in a form other than your own. So throw on a template that can shapechange at will, like a Natural Lycanthrope, or just get a single level of Psion (Egoist) with the Change Shape ACF (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070314a) (if your DM agrees that a minor change in appearance constituting a disguise is enough for you to count as being in a form other than your own). Grow ten-thousand-tentacles and make them all deal colossal-plus-size damage, and you can use that natural weapon group as your primary weapon on a full attack so they all swing at your full attack bonus and full Str to damage.

Except that doesn't work that way. You don't get to make a thousand tentacles. When you try to make the second tentacle the first one you made instead increases in size. You get ONE tentacle attack. So you can in theory only get one of each type of natural attack. Very, very, very, very distinct limitation. Also, the egoist ACF doesn't work. I'm assuming you're basing it on the changeling bit which requires the changeling's subtype that the egoist ACF does not give.

You have that in the wrong order. That's the stated limitation. Simply put, if you already have a weapon of that category, it grows.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought no one else actually read Warshaper accurately aside from myself.

Snowbluff
2014-01-18, 10:41 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought no one else actually read Warshaper accurately aside from myself.
I rarely have the attention span to read, but the only thing I hate more than liars are fakers. Warshaper is wannabe broken. A huge fakey fake faker. :l

Rubik
2014-01-18, 10:47 PM
Take the Leadership feat and instruct your followers to all fire bows at your instruction.

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-18, 10:49 PM
Take the Leadership feat and instruct your followers to all fire bows at your instruction.

hehe I like this response.

CIDE
2014-01-18, 10:53 PM
I rarely have the attention span to read, but the only thing I hate more than liars are fakers. Warshaper is wannabe broken. A huge fakey fake faker. :l

Yeah. I hate the interpretation because it has prevented me being allowed to use the warshaper class since DM's see these threads and trust it over their own reading of the class and I can't sway them otherwise. Screwed me over at least three times now.

1. Play a psionic class
2. Take psicrystal affinity
3. Have both you and crystal take leadership/
4. Have cohorts take leadership.
5. ????
6. Profit.

Mithril Leaf
2014-01-18, 11:08 PM
1. Play a psionic class
2. Take psicrystal affinity
3. Have both you and crystal take leadership/
4. Have cohorts take leadership.
5. ????
6. Profit.

Alternatively you can use the Shards Of Leadership Trick.

This trick uses nested leadership to effectively grant a 17th (or higher) level Cohort to a 2nd level character.
Powers:
Feats: Psicrystal Affinity, Improved Psicrystal, Leadership
Method:

Take Psicrystal Affinity and Improved Psicrystal until your Psicrystal has 6HD
Have your Psicrystal take Leadership and pick a level 4 Human Psion as its Cohort
Have your Psicrystal's Cohort repeat step 1 until his/her Psicrystal has 7HD
Have your Psicrystal's Cohort's Psicrystal take Leadership and choose a 5th level Human Psion (with at least 12 Charisma) who repeats step one to attract an 8HD Psicrystal
Repeat previous steps until a Psion Cohort of 17th level is attracted

Minimum Level: 2 (Human with two flaws)

***(This is based on a highly questionable interpretation of the psicrystal rules. See "The Feat Battery Trick"

It also would seem to violate the Leadership rules, wherein it is stated, "The character can attract a cohort of up to this level. Regardless of a character’s Leadership score, he can only recruit a cohort who is two or more levels lower than himself."

A psicrystal is not a character, and cannot be one due to having the following three entries: Level Adjustment: —; Advancement: —; and Challenge Rating: Included with master.)***

Having said that, swapping out the psicrystal for an elemental envoy might do the trick.

Snowbluff
2014-01-18, 11:13 PM
Yeah. I hate the interpretation because it has prevented me being allowed to use the warshaper class since DM's see these threads and trust it over their own reading of the class and I can't sway them otherwise. Screwed me over at least three times now.

I see it quoted doing this all of the time. I don't use it for pretty much the same reason.

I must... have it! This is a good trick, CIDE and 'Leaf.

EDIT: This can be done with an intelligent ubermount.

TuggyNE
2014-01-18, 11:33 PM
Except that doesn't work that way. You don't get to make a thousand tentacles. When you try to make the second tentacle the first one you made instead increases in size. You get ONE tentacle attack. So you can in theory only get one of each type of natural attack. Very, very, very, very distinct limitation.

Either way, that's not much of a limitation.

Snowbluff
2014-01-19, 12:06 AM

101 attacks of different names is infinitely (like, square that) worse than infinite claw attacks. :smallsmile:

CIDE
2014-01-20, 12:10 AM

As awesome as that is that's still a long shot from a thousand+ attacks. It's a lot of damage though.

It'd be cool for a high op melee game that has a GM that would also allow the ranged and supernatural natural attacks alongside the other ones.

That is amazing.

101 attacks of different names is infinitely (like, square that) worse than infinite claw attacks. :smallsmile:

We're still looking at a long shot from infinite anything.

Mithril Leaf
2014-01-20, 12:32 AM
Just so it's clear, that wasn't my trick at all with Shards of Leadership.

For hits, if you don't want them all to be melee, stacked persistent cloud of knives could be real fun.

Kennisiou
2014-01-20, 12:40 AM
A one level Sohei dip for Ki Frenzy for an additional attack is probably worth it if you took the 1 level barb dip. May require DM fiat or possibly some Dragon mag diving to grab an extra ki frenzy feat to use it more than once a day (not sure if there is one in dragon or not, but it seems like the kind of place to find one if there's one printed).

As for stacked persisted cloud of knives... can you actually be under two or more instances of the same spell at the same time? I feel like there's a rule that says you can't.

Rubik
2014-01-20, 12:44 AM
Something that might help: look at the Exit Wounds magic weapon property in C.Warrior. Add that to any ranged weapon, including a throwing weapon, and you can strike quite a large number of enemies with every attack you make.

I used it to great effect on my Kool-Aid Man monk build.

Just two words for you:

http://www.digitaloperative.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/koolaid.jpg

OH YEAAAH!

TuggyNE
2014-01-20, 01:25 AM
As awesome as that is that's still a long shot from a thousand+ attacks.

Well, sure, but it is more hits than a hecatoncheires. :smallwink: