PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help for flavor (Reincarnation)

VeggieWombat
2014-01-18, 10:03 PM
Hi ! : )

So, today my beloved battle-oracle of Gorum (lv 6) died at the hands of an evil demon. We're playing Skulls and shackles, and surprisingly, the crew didn't loot my body and let it to rot. Got brought back to Bloodcove, speak-ed with dead, agreed on reincarnation, and got a nice green-ish body.
B-Oracle of Gorum dies in battle, got brought back as half-orc ?! Yes please ! Not losing too much (feat vs Ferocity/Intimidating/Wpn famliarity)

The wpn familiarity doesn't make sense though, as I keep my memories/personality. So i'm looking for something, flavorfull, to trade for the wpn familiarity. The easy solution would be some +hp/save, or [Orc] trait but that's not what i'm interested in.

I'm looking for stuff like the Samsaran's "Lifebound" reflecting the rebirth granted by Gorum, the 2nd shot at being his champion. Any ideas coming to mind is this vein of "flavorfull but not made for your face in the first place" ? No restriction of trait/feat/book/race-specific or anything. Doesn't even't have to be good. Just flavor.

Vanitas
2014-01-19, 07:24 AM
Hi ! : )

So, today my beloved battle-oracle of Gorum (lv 6) died at the hands of an evil demon. We're playing Skulls and shackles, and surprisingly, the crew didn't loot my body and let it to rot. Got brought back to Bloodcove, speak-ed with dead, agreed on reincarnation, and got a nice green-ish body.
B-Oracle of Gorum dies in battle, got brought back as half-orc ?! Yes please ! Not losing too much (feat vs Ferocity/Intimidating/Wpn famliarity)

The wpn familiarity doesn't make sense though, as I keep my memories/personality. So i'm looking for something, flavorfull, to trade for the wpn familiarity. The easy solution would be some +hp/save, or [Orc] trait but that's not what i'm interested in.

I'm looking for stuff like the Samsaran's "Lifebound" reflecting the rebirth granted by Gorum, the 2nd shot at being his champion. Any ideas coming to mind is this vein of "flavorfull but not made for your face in the first place" ? No restriction of trait/feat/book/race-specific or anything. Doesn't even't have to be good. Just flavor.

There are some options here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-orc), but they only replace weapon familiarity with equally cultural stuff.
I'd drop weapon familiarity to let you keep your human "Skilled" racial trait, since half-orcs can also get that by trading in something else.

Spore
2014-01-19, 07:31 AM
I am slightly intrigued how a god of war, chaos and destruction can grant a druid spell, maybe you could extend on that. If it has been part of a miracle spell (emulating any spell of 7th or lower) then your character is truly important to his god.

Other than that I would simply give him Orc Ferocity from full orcs. Rather than being able to fight on for a short burst of time your body is able to fight on for extended amounts of time despite you being almost dead. I feel like that could be way to powerful on a spellcasting healer class like an oracle so you may have to tweak this a bit.

VeggieWombat
2014-01-19, 07:55 AM
No Miracle for the Reincarnation, the group went to a high level druid we new about (another half orc). Our relations with him were good, didn't took us too much to convince him.
Wannabe-hellknight turned champion of gorum, I bet I'm important ! : D
Was going to swap Darkvision for Skilled, but i guess keeping DV could be nice.

Spore
2014-01-19, 08:04 AM
Dark-Vision is NOT a mental stat but a physical factor.

VeggieWombat
2014-01-19, 09:39 AM
But but...

Skilled Second- and third-generation half-orcs often favor their human heritage more than their orc heritage. Half-orcs with this trait gain 1 additional skill rank per level. This racial trait replaces darkvision.

Reincarnation allows some liberty concerning the body i guess ^^
It's the only way to not suddenly forget half of the stuff i know.

nobodez
2014-01-19, 11:58 AM
But but...

Reincarnation allows some liberty concerning the body i guess ^^
It's the only way to not suddenly forget half of the stuff i know.

Um, the rules of reincarnation explicitly state you don't lose any skills or feats. You still have your human bonus feat (heck, if you read the rules as RAW if you go from human to elf and then back to human, you gain another bonus feat).

About the only thing you lose is new skills at additional levels and your favored class (any). Otherwise, you gain your Strength (with no penalty to Int or Cha, a massive boost), darkvision, and some conditional combat traits.

Vanitas
2014-01-19, 12:35 PM
About the only thing you lose is new skills at additional levels and your favored class (any). Otherwise, you gain your Strength (with no penalty to Int or Cha, a massive boost), darkvision, and some conditional combat traits.

Half-orcs don't get +2 to Str in PF - they get +2 to any stat, same as humans. They don't get any penalties, as well.

nobodez
2014-01-20, 10:31 AM
Half-orcs don't get +2 to Str in PF - they get +2 to any stat, same as humans. They don't get any penalties, as well.

Um, according to page 332 of the PFCR, reincarnated half-orcs receive a +2 bonus to Strength (just like humans receive a bonus to Con, and half-elves a bonus to Dex). Now, I have confused the Int/Cha penalties with v.3.5, so that's my bad, but yeah… we were both in the wrong.

Vanitas
2014-01-20, 10:35 AM
Um, according to page 332 of the PFCR, reincarnated half-orcs receive a +2 bonus to Strength (just like humans receive a bonus to Con, and half-elves a bonus to Dex). Now, I have confused the Int/Cha penalties with v.3.5, so that's my bad, but yeah… we were both in the wrong.

Oh, I never checked Reincarnate before I said that, my bad.