PDA

View Full Version : What is the most precious resource? Luck(3.5 PrC fix, PEACH)

Amnoriath
2014-01-19, 12:26 AM
While I always loved the idea of the Fortune's Friend prestige class it really only made luck feats worthwhile. So, I made it more adaptable to more builds and allowed it to be more of the plucky scoundrel we always wanted it to be.

Fortune's Friend
http://cdn01.wallconvert.com/_media/wp_400x250/1/1/4104.jpg

"I did do that, didn't I?" Captain Jack Sparrow
Prerequisites
Base Attack Bonus: +3
Skills: 8 ranks in anything
Feats: any Luck Feat
Special: must have both rolled a natural 20 and a natural 1
Hit Dice: d6
{table=head]Level |BAB |Fort |Ref |Will |Special |Luck Bonus|Class Progression
1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Extra Fortune, What's the Risk|+1|-
2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Bonus Luck Feat, Easy Luck|+1|+1 existing class
3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|All or Nothing, Extra Fortune, Fortuitous Evasion|+2|-
4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Bonus Luck Feat, Playing Karma|+3|+1 existing class
5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Extra Fortune, Just that Good|+4|-[/table]
Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Jump, Knowledge(local), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Profession, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim,Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Rope
Skill points: 6+int. modifier
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Fortune's Friend does not gain any new proficiencies
Class Features
Extra Fortune(Ex): At level one and every odd level after you gain one more luck reroll per day

Luck Bonus(Ex): At level one you may as a free action designate a luck bonus according to the table above which lasts until you decide to change it to any one of the following:
1. Attack rolls
2. Damage rolls(double the bonus)
3. Any one save
4. Any one skill
5. Strength checks
6. AC

What's the Risk(Ex): At level one you may choose as a free action to change any static DC's that you have a base of 10 to be replaced with a d20 roll using natural 1 and 20 rules. If the enemy rolls a natural 1 or 20 the same as you the highest total wins as normal.

Bonus Luck Feat: At level two and four you may choose from another luck feat the you qualify for.

Existing Class: At level two and four you may advance in any previous class you had taken aside from this class.

Easy Luck: At level two luck rerolls are now treated as free actions rather than swift or immediate actions.

All or Nothing(Ex): At level three whenever you would roll for damage, healing, or duration you can instead choose take one of 2 results rather than anyting in between. You may determine these results calling odds or evens on one of your dice. These results are either the bare minimum result or the maximum result. If you would roll more for getting the maximum result roll for them as normal.

Fortuitous Evasion(Ex): As long as you have one luck reroll in your pool whenever you would succeed in a save you do not suffer the reduced effect.

Playing Karma(Ex):At level 4 you may choose to accept a -10 penalty to a d20 roll you make in the round in order to either do one of the following:
1. Double the luck bonus for one round.
2. Add a temporary reroll to your pool that lasts for rounds equal to your class level.
3. Choose to apply another luck bonus to the above list for one round.
You may only benefit from one of the above abilities at a time. Also the roll used to gain these benefits must either fail to do something or have a detrimental effect upon failure if the result should prove low enough. Additionally any luck feat that is normally used once a day is only restricted by how many rerolls you possess.

Just that Good(Ex):At level 5 you can choose to expend a reroll as a free action to act as if you had readied a move action against an opponent. You may expend 2 rerolls to act as if you readied a standard action. You must wait 1d4+1 rounds to use this ability again. Additionally you may expend a reroll to act as if you burned a turn undead attempt for divine as well as devotion feats or use a domain power an additional time per day if it would be limited.

Amnoriath
2014-01-20, 11:44 AM
Could someone look at why my image isn't showing up?

Xuldarinar
2014-01-20, 07:32 PM
Use this link instead for your picture: http://cdn01.wallconvert.com/_media/wp_400x250/1/1/4104.jpg

Anyways, aside from the format bothering me (I can be a bit of a stickler when it comes to that), it looks fairly solid. I'll be the first to admit Im not exactly the best person to look to for a critique, so a second opinion would be helpful.

I will say though, as it is, I would consider using this PrC in any build that involves a martial class, such as the swashbuckler or rogue.