PDA

View Full Version : Bulwark of Defense

Starchild7309
2014-01-19, 12:49 AM
I have looked and I thought there was a feat that gave a character the same ability as the Knight's Bulwark of Defense, but have not been able to find it so I guess I am asking the infinitely supreme community, Have you seen a feat that does this? Or am I just losing my mind?

StreamOfTheSky
2014-01-19, 11:24 AM
Not identical, but Thicket of Blades stance from Tome of Battle (which you could get with the Martial Stance feat, after getting some other Devoted Spirit maneuvers first) has a similar effect. The same book also has a 3rd level Stone Dragon stance, Roots of the Mountain, that increases tumble DCs around you among other benefits.

Starchild7309
2014-01-19, 10:35 PM
Since I don't have tome of battle in front of me, any idea at what lvl a fighter would be able to get this?

StreamOfTheSky
2014-01-20, 02:19 AM
They're both 3rd level stances, so you need to be a 5th level Initiator. If you have no levels in the ToB classes, you only get half your class levels towards initiator level. So... level 10.

Gwendol
2014-01-20, 08:38 AM
They are not quite the same: one is a stance and states that movement provokes (but it's not clear if tumbling is overruled wrt avoiding AoO's), while the other is an ability that makes threatened space difficult terrain for those that start their round in that space.