PDA

View Full Version : Merfolk/Human Child

Ulysses WkAmil
2014-01-19, 03:25 AM
So, I recently got engaged in a campaign of mine. The bride is a mermaid, and I am a human. (We have mutual goals that justify our union). We intend on having children, and we would like to know how a Mer/Human cross would go. What is the method of conception, and how would delivery take place? The mermaid also has a ring that grants her "human form" at will. Would someone shed some light as to how this would work?
Mermaid Details-
Favored soul of Poseidon
Landwalk Ring (or whatever its called)
Human Details-
Reall cool

Thanks

J-H
2014-01-19, 03:32 AM
Producing a Sea Kin child (see Races of Destiny) seems reasonable. For the other, idk.

Rubik
2014-01-19, 07:06 AM
I'd suggest avoiding feeding her sushi, for one.

Tommy2255
2014-01-19, 07:29 AM
According to the Book of Erotic Fantasy, the odds of conception are 20% each month when they're having sex regularly, and their progeny will be a half-breed as per the monster manual.

gurgleflep
2014-01-19, 07:35 AM
I'd imagine the child would be amphibious (or just able to hold it's breath for extraordinary amounts of time), have webbed fingers and toes, patches of scales, humanoid limbs (two arms, two legs), and a few other fishy traits.

Spore
2014-01-19, 07:55 AM
I'd suggest avoiding feeding her sushi, for one.

What do you think they eat?

Sincerely a fellow mammal eating mammal.

Osiris
2014-01-19, 08:15 AM
In some book there's water halflings or something, just take that template and make a Water Human. Also, no fish. At all. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE FISH!

The Insanity
2014-01-19, 09:03 AM
www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#aquaticHumans
www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#racesOfWater

VeggieWombat
2014-01-19, 10:37 AM
Sincerely a fellow mammal eating mammal.
As a fellow mammal eating plants i disagree : p Vegan merkfolks !
I'd use an existing template. Homebrew would be a headache for nothing (unless you plan the child to be a PC or important NPC ?)

Zale
2014-01-19, 12:49 PM
There's also the Aventi from Stormwrack, who are amphibious, if you're looking for something to stick on the kid.