PDA

View Full Version : My Take on the Ninja (PrC)

Tormsskull
2007-01-23, 04:15 PM
Black Shadow Ninja

Ninja's of the Black Shadow are highly trained, their bodies honed to perfection. They are deadly accurate with their weapons, using their speed and finesse to cause tremendous damage to their opponents. Their ability to evade attacks is legendary, and they have a sixth sense for avoiding danger.

Requirements:
Skills: Move Silently 9 Ranks, Hide 9 Ranks
Feats: Dodge, Lightning Reflexes

Game Rule Information
Abilities: Dexterity is essential for a ninja, as it fuels both their attack and defense. Constitution is helpful to add more durability to the ninja's poor hit dice, and intelligence can improve some of her class abilities.
Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: d6.

Class Skills
The ninja's class skills are identical to a rogues. See Chapter 4: Skills of the Player's Handbook for skill descriptions.
Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

{table=head]
Level|
Base Attack Bonus|
Fort Save|
Ref Save|
Will Save|Special

1|
+0 |
+0 |
+2 |
+0 | Flurry, Improved Unarmed Strike, Invisibility 1x/day, Weapon Group Focus

2|
+1 |
+0 |
+3 |
+0 | Evasion, Improved Climb, Slowfall 20 feet

3|
+2 |
+1 |
+3 |
+1 | Improved Balance, Poison Use, Uncanny Dodge

4|
+3 |
+1 |
+4 |
+1 | Improved Dodge, Invisibility 2x/day, Slow Fall 40 feet

5|
+3 |
+1 |
+4 |
+1 | Improved Weapon Group Focus, Slippery Mind

6|
+4 |
+2 |
+5 |
+2 | Haste 1x/day, Improved Flurry, Slow Fall 60 feet

7|
+5 |
+2 |
+5 |
+2 | Greater Dodge, Invisibility 3x/day8

8|
+6 |
+2 |
+6 |
+2 | Improved Invisibility, Slow Fall (unlimited)

9|
+6 |
+3 |
+6 |
+3 | Greater Climb, Greater Weapon Group Focus

10|
+7 |
+3 |
+7 |
+3 | Greater Flurry, Haste 2x/day, Invisibility 4x/day
[/table]

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: ninjas are proficient with all rogue weapons, monk weapons, and with the ninja sword. They are proficient with light armor but not with shields. A ninja wearing anything heavier than light armor cannot use any of her special abilities except: Slippery Mind and Sneak Attack.

Special Abilities:
1st
Flurry: When utilizing a ninja weapon, a ninja using a full action can make an additional melee attack at her highest attack bonus, but all attacks suffer a -2 penalty until her turn on the following round.
Improved Unarmed Strike: As the feat.
Invisibility: As the spell, duration is 1 round per ninja level + 1 round per Intelligence modifier.
Weapon Group Focus: +1 to hit when using a ninja weapon. This bonus replaces the bonus given from weapon focus.
2nd
Evasion: As rogue. If the character already has evasion, she gains improved evasion.
Improved Climb: +10 to climb checks. In addition, the ninja can always choose to take 10 on a climb check.
Slowfall: As a monk but at the indicated distance.
3rd
Improved Balance: + 10 bonus to balance checks. In addition, the ninja can always choose to take 10 on a balance check.
Poison Use: As assassin.
Uncanny Dodge As rogue. If the character already has uncanny dodge from another source, she instead gains improved uncanny dodge.
4th
Improved Dodge: +2 dodge bonus (this replaces the +1 bonus from the Dodge Feat). In addition, the ninja does not have to select a specific opponent, this bonus applies to all opponents.
5th
Improved Weapon Group Focus: +2 to hit when using a ninja weapon. This bonus replaces the bonus given from weapon focus.
Slippery Mind: As rogue.
6th
Haste: As the spell, duration is 1 round per ninja level + 1 round per Intelligence modifier.
Improved Flurry: When utilizing a ninja weapon, a ninja using a full action can make two additional melee attacks at her highest attack bonus, but all attacks suffer a -4 penalty until her turn on the following round.
7th
Greater Dodge: +3 dodge bonus (this replaces the +1 bonus from the Dodge Feat). In addition, the ninja does not have to select a specific opponent, this bonus applies to all opponents.
8th
Improved Invisibility: Whenever a ninja uses her Invisibility ability, she is treated as being affected by Improved Invisibility spell rather than Invisibility.
9th
Greater Climb: The ninja can climb any surface, regardless of its slope or texture.
Greater Weapon Group Focus: +3 to hit when using a ninja weapon. This bonus replaces the bonus given from weapon focus.
10th
Greater Flurry: When utilizing a ninja weapon, a ninja using a full action can make three additional melee attacks at her highest attack bonus, but all attacks suffer a -6 penalty until her turn on the following round.

~~~
Hopefully I got the table all situated properly.

Any critiques/criticism welcome. I generally try to make the PrCs a head above the base classes, so it might look to be a little overpowered, but you tell me.

Khantalas
2007-01-23, 05:08 PM
Wait, the B.A.B. got me confused. There is no such standard B.A.B. progression. There is good, average, poor and none. I'd give it average progression, since it's basically a rogue improvment.

Matthew
2007-01-23, 05:54 PM
Seems kind of powerful, but I suppose that's the point. Still, no Sneak attack or anything, so it is not too high powered.

Tormsskull
2007-01-23, 10:24 PM
Wait, the B.A.B. got me confused. There is no such standard B.A.B. progression. There is good, average, poor and none. I'd give it average progression, since it's basically a rogue improvment.

Clerical/memory error. It is supposed to be average progression. Fixing it now.