PDA

View Full Version : [WOS] OOC: Let there be slaves

Duck999
2014-01-19, 09:45 AM
World Of Slavery (WOS)

What is World of Slavery?
World of slavery is a land run by an almighty king. The king is strong, strong enough to stop any uprisings. All men must pay absurdly high taxes to keep themselves out of slavery. All who cannot or do not pay those taxes are captured by the king and sold into slavery. The slave masters are those who can pay the taxes and have enough money left to buy slaves. A lot of the world has been abandoned by humanity, but there are areas occupied by the rich, and of course, the slave plantations.

Beliefs
Soon after the malicious king took over, people stopped believing in any god. Some people still believe in god, but the majority of humanity (including slaves) does not. There is, however, some magic that exists in this world.

Scattered throughout the world there are plantations where slaves do their work. Bought slaves are sent to plantations, and once a month a worker of the king will come by to collect goods, which is the plantations equivalent of taxes. Most plantations are spread out, though some are near other places.
This is where those free men live. Some men live at their plantation, though most men hire others to watch over their slaves for a specified amount of time. Here there is luxury. Men live in peace and harmony, except for the occasional crime. Most criminals are caught and brought to the king for punishment. Once a month, a tax collector will come to collect taxes. Any who refuse are brought to the king and are sold into slavery.
Commonly known as The Underground, the lower cities are illegal. The king and his workers know little about The Underground. The citizens do their best to stay hidden. No taxes are collected here, but the king will sometimes send attack parties to try to capture citizens. Not many men can find the lower cities, especially with the king hot on the trail of any runaway.
As inferred, the castle is where the king lives. The castle is very large, housing the king, and all of his servants, workers, and even some slaves. The kings courtyard is closer to being a plantation than an actual courtyard. The castle has extremely high security. It has everything from bedrooms for workers to dungeons for criminals. It has what you would expect a castle to have.
Very few men have any religious belief, but there are some. Many of them will actually live in the temples. Temples are somewhat small, but with so few believers that is not a problem. Even though the king has no religious belief, he will not raid a temple, or request tax from them, as a matter of respect (of which the king has little).
PM me any ideas for new locations.

Events!
Many events happen in WOS. These include very few holidays. There are extremely rare dragon attacks. No one knows where the dragons live, but sometimes a dragon will come, killing many before being driven off by the king. There are also some other mysterious creatures, though no one is sure quite what they are. There are many other things that can happen, but no more currently. PM me or post any ideas.

The King
The king has little respect for his people, but he does respect temples. He despises those who are poor, hence the large taxes. He is very powerful, having powerful magic, strength in battle, and smarts for when they are needed.

Combat
There should be very little combat between 2 people. However, a player may battle a NPC. When battling think about this: How powerful am I? How powerful is the NPC? What should the outcome be? For example: the king is the most powerful man alive. You cannot just walk up to him and beat him in combat. Even with an army you couldn't, after all, he has an army too.

As a Character
Create a character here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326338).
You may choose to side with the king, being the obviously evil side, other players might hate you. That is how you end up in player vs. player combat. You can live in The Underground, trying to undermine the king. Or, you might be a slave, trying to break free. You could have any role in society, except those reserved for the king.

Groups
There are some groups that have formed, if you have your own group post itmhere or PM me.
The skeleton men: Reknown mercenarys. They are the best mercenary group in WOS. In all lower cities, somewhere there is a skull, which you can talk to. All you say to the skull is heard by the skeleton men.
The rebellion: There are many who would love to see the end of slavery. There are many rebellion groups, who all fight in their own way. Most rebellions are in the underground. All rebellion groups form The Rebellion.

Have Fun!

GrandDM
2014-01-19, 01:17 PM
Finally finished my character directory post!

Duck999
2014-01-19, 01:35 PM
Your own plot thing is actually quite cool. If you were okay with it, I was going to add it to information about WOS.
On a different note, could you specify where your charcter is in the character thread? Even if you just say in an unknown location.

GrandDM
2014-01-19, 01:38 PM
Go ahead and add it.

What do you mean by "put his location in the character thread"? Do I have to keep updating it, or do I just have to put his starting location in?

Duck999
2014-01-19, 01:42 PM
starting location: where is he from

Also, is there any way to contact the skullmen so I can add that.

GrandDM
2014-01-19, 01:47 PM
Nobody knows except him, and he isn't telling. The Skeleton Men can be contacted fairly easily; there's a skull situated in an out-of-the-way location somewhere in most of the Lower Cities. The skulls are enchanted; anything you say to them is heard by Nik'asha.

Also, godmod much? Please edit that post.

GrandDM
2014-01-19, 02:06 PM
Minor nitpick: it's the Skeleton Men, not the skullmen. Could you correct that, please?

Duck999
2014-01-19, 02:07 PM
Woops, sorry, I will fix that.

Is his plot/beast something that the king would know about?

GrandDM
2014-01-19, 02:57 PM
Probably. One of the King's barons (or whatever noble landowning class he has) tried to hire the Skeleton Men to kill the monster. They aren't particularly keen on that (four of them at least; Taun wants the money and Sulea just likes killing things.)