PDA

View Full Version : [WOS] IC: Slavery is (not) OK

Duck999
2014-01-19, 09:46 AM
World Of Slavery

Scattered throughout the world there are plantations where slaves do their work. Bought slaves are sent to plantations, and once a month a worker of the king will come by to collect goods, which is the plantations equivalent of taxes. Most plantations are spread out, though some are near other places.
This is where those free men live. Some men live at their plantation, though most men hire others to watch over their slaves for a specified amount of time. Here there is luxury. Men live in peace and harmony, except for the occasional crime. Most criminals are caught and brought to the king for punishment. Once a month, a tax collector will come to collect taxes. Any who refuse are brought to the king and are sold into slavery.
Commonly known as The Underground, the lower cities are illegal. The king and his workers know little about The Underground. The citizens do their best to stay hidden. No taxes are collected here, but the king will sometimes send attack parties to try to capture citizens. Not many men can find the lower cities, especially with the king hot on the trail of any runaway.
As inferred, the castle is where the king lives. The castle is very large, housing the king, and all of his servants, workers, and even some slaves. The kings courtyard is closer to being a plantation than an actual courtyard. The castle has extremely high security. It has everything from bedrooms for workers to dungeons for criminals. It has what you would expect a castle to have.
Very few men have any religious belief, but there are some. Many of them will actually live in the temples. Temples are somewhat small, but with so few believers that is not a problem. Even though the king has no religious belief, he will not raid a temple, or request tax from them, as a matter of respect (of which the king has little).
PM me any ideas for new locations.

As anyone new enters the castle, they will be captured by guards and brought to the king.
If anyone living in the Upper Cities does not pay taxes they will be captured and brought to the king.
If you live in The Underground and the king attacks you, you will fight back or run. If you are captured you will be brought to the king.

I will play the part of the king. Any other NPCs can be controlled by anyone, just remember to keep them in character. If you want to play someone of importance (captain of the guard, or other), PM me and I will respond either approving or disapproving. This will be updated whenever I approve a part.

Please put your location at the top of your post, if it is in Upper Cities, Lower Cities, or a plantation, please name the city or plantation. You can choose the name, but it must make sense.

Duck999
2014-01-19, 09:58 AM
The Underground: Black City

Domnus sits at a large table. Some other rebel leaders sit there with him. He is trying to formulate a plan to free one plantation. Any ideas?

Another man speaks We need to sneak up on them, take them by surprise.

GrandDM
2014-01-19, 01:28 PM
[Somewhere off the Maps]

Six figures sit around a campfire. With his back to a tree is the Skull, firelight illuminating the skull decoration on his helmet. On his left is Jak, the Skeleton Captain. To the right is Sulea, a drow and the only woman in the group. Further around the fire are Taun Stonefist, the dwarven bezerker, and Raeon Woodsong the elf outcast. Finally, directly across from the Skull is Nik'asha, the enigmatic spellcaster.

"Oh come on, surely we should take the job?"

"The only harm the creature's doing is to the King's patrols, so we'll let it be."

"But the money! You did hear how much he offered, didn't you?"

"Money is nothing. Knowledge and power are what we need."

"Exactly. Which is why Raeon will sneak in tomorrow morning and watch the creature. We'll decide what to do after we know more. If it looks like it might start attacking the plantation, then we'll take it out, but otherwise let it kill the soldiers."

The dwarf and the drow subside unhappily, thinking of money and blood. The night passes slowly though one watch after another, bringing with it the morning and Raeon's departure to observe the creature lairing near the plantation.

The very same plantation Domnus is seeking to liberate...

((Hopefully you don't mind me adding my own bits to the plot here. I'll edit if you don't like it.))

Duck999
2014-01-19, 01:44 PM
Underground: Black City

Domnus volunteers to scout out the plantation, named AP6.3. The next morning, Domnus sets out for the plantation.

Plantation AP6.3

Domnus arrives. He is a master thief, so no one notices him scouting. Domnus watches throughout the day, noticing the routines of the slaves and overseers. When night arrives Domnus leaves to report to the rebels.

GrandDM
2014-01-19, 02:04 PM
[Plantation AP6.3]

Although Domnus never catches sight of Raeon, he'll notice the occasional half-footprint or disturbance.

He'll also find some deep, clawed footprints...

Duck999
2014-01-19, 02:11 PM
The underground: black city

Domnus gets back.He reports to the rebels I have watched the overseers, and noticed a pattern. We will need to watch more to be sure. Also, there were footprints, of boh a humanoid and some clawed creature.

GrandDM
2014-01-19, 02:54 PM
[Plantation AP6.3]

The Skeleton Men are lying in wait for the monster. They aren't expecting anyone else to be here, so they're only on low guard - the patrols aren't that stealthy, after all.

Duck999
2014-01-19, 03:18 PM
Plantation AP6.3

Domnus returns to the plantation as quick as he can. He stays out of sight of both slaves and overseers. After all, he is still here just to observe. He notices some men, who also seem to be hiding, though they are obviously not expecting anyone. He comes as close as he can while staying out of side. Why are you here? He projects his voice so it is not hearable on the plantation, but it is hard to find the origin of the voice.

Findpathfencer
2014-01-19, 04:59 PM
The underground:Black city

Plantation AP6.3.

Sitting in a nice room full of nice furs and a fancy fire place in the right corner.There is two humans sitting next to the fire trying to keep warm.One is a tall strong man with long hair, full of combat scars wearing fancy breast plate armor on with nice silvered longsword on his right shoulder on his left shoulder is a blooded hand hammer full of spikes and on his back is a large composite bow finely cleaned. The other one is a young short human that appears to most as a child in his 16 years old wearing wearing fancy studded leather and mostly purple cloth armor,to his left side is a diamond engraved saber and to his right side is a special parrying knife,with a hand crossbow on the table next to him.

ugh damn it's cold here,these fur cover walls is no protection from the cold!
winter is come thing.
baa WINTER..more the reason to leave this pitiful excuse of a plantation.
Hey this plantation makes my family a lot of money.Besides we can't leave because FATHER sent me here to make the head slave master happy and to make him not just giving up and selling the slaves..those damn slaves being trouble. [COLOR="SlateGray"]HA just kill a few in gory ways to make fear and obey like dogs.hahaha that won't work this time.They have hope in some rumored rebel group of savages and more then that they fear some DEMON in the woods hunting any who is in the area leaves turning them into ripped apart corpses.ha no /demon\ can beat me in mortal combat.why don't I go and kill itALIX don't be stupid how are we going to find to beast and kill it if it even is real.go out and get lost for a week and froze to death in the woodsALIX don't be stupid how are we going to find this beast and kill it and what if isn't real?go out there and spend a week get a lost eat all our food get sick and freeze to death?HA you'd get sick and Freeze to death but I can't be killed by simple weather!Just shut up besides they hired some stupid mercenary group to kill it. you mean adventurers? that'd be retarded calling them that. at leased I get to kill some rebels.[COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]ha there is no rebel group I mean why do they attack this one little, out of place, moderately guarded,full of worthless slaves plantation I'd eat My Boot if there out there..do you take the bet. I take your bet..well it's time to sleep I'll get some of the slaves girls to help warm up my bed NO BAD no doing that with the slaves[COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="SlateGray"]come on are you going soft on the slaves?no.i just don't want one of them to give my BEST slave a disease AVERY..don't ever call me slave again or I'll kill everyone in this plantationjust sleep bye your self for this knight.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 10:43 AM
The Castle: Throne Room

The king sits atop his throne. He is angered that plantations are being stalked by unknown creatures. No direct evidence has been found, but there were large clawed footprints. He can't believe he had to send someone to contact the skeleton men. He calls for one of his advisors. Have we heard anything from the skeleton men yet?

No, my lord. The king sighs, he hates things he can't control. He just needs the skeleton men to get rid of it so he can continue controlling everything. The king has wasted many soldiers. He has plenty enough more, but he still thinks of it as a waste.

GrandDM
2014-01-20, 11:08 AM
Plantation AP6.3

Domnus returns to the plantation as quick as he can. He stays out of sight of both slaves and overseers. After all, he is still here just to observe. He notices some men, who also seem to be hiding, though they are obviously not expecting anyone. He comes as close as he can while staying out of side. Why are you here? He projects his voice so it is not hearable on the plantation, but it is hard to find the origin of the voice.

The dwarf leaps up, brandishing his axe. The drow tenses, drawing her scythe in a fluid but slow motion and remaining crouched where she is, eyes flickering backwards and forwards. The elf, the Skull and the human don't move.

Nik'asha, however, immediately casts a sequence of spells. The first is to locate Domnus, the second to immobilize him and the third to drag him out in front of the group.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 11:19 AM
Plantation AP6.3
(I believe I can talk while immobilized, correct me if I am wrong)
Domnus, who is obviously in the worse position, shows no fear. He asks again Why are you here? He stares pointedly at the group.

GrandDM
2014-01-20, 11:36 AM
Plantation AP6.3
(I believe I can talk while immobilized, correct me if I am wrong)
Domnus, who is obviously in the worse position, shows no fear. He asks again Why are you here? He stares pointedly at the group.

((Yes, you can.))

"The King's men tried to hire us to eliminate the monster that lives around here. We are assessing whether it is a danger to the slaves on the plantation before deciding whether or not to do so."

Duck999
2014-01-20, 11:39 AM
Plantation AP6.3

Ahhh, so ummm, may I go now? Domnus fries to move around a little. I would love to get back home.

GrandDM
2014-01-20, 11:54 AM
Plantation AP6.3

Ahhh, so ummm, may I go now? Domnus fries to move around a little. I would love to get back home.

"That depends on who you are and what you're doing here. We answered your question. For all I know, you could be a spy or assassin."

He rests a hand pointedly on one of his swords.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 12:36 PM
Plantation AP3.6

I am a tracker. The overseers of this plantation hired me to track the beast. Which, of course, is not true. Domnus is amazing at lying, and also has protection from lie detection magic in case he gets caught.

GrandDM
2014-01-20, 01:23 PM
Plantation AP3.6

I am a tracker. The overseers of this plantation hired me to track the beast. Which, of course, is not true. Domnus is amazing at lying, and also has protection from lie detection magic in case he gets caught.

"Hmm. Well then, off you go and track it. We'll be here in case it goes for the plantation."

Duck999
2014-01-20, 01:38 PM
Plantation AP6.3

Domnus walks into the woods. From the woods, he does his best to "track" the beast until he is out of range of magic. He then turns and watches the overseers routine.

GrandDM
2014-01-20, 01:50 PM
Plantation AP6.3

Domnus walks into the woods. From the woods, he does his best to "track" the beast until he is out of range of magic. He then turns and watches the overseers routine.

As he does so, there's a slight rustling that consistently keeps pace with him. It stays a little behind and to the side of him at all times.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 02:09 PM
As he does so, there's a slight rustling that consistently keeps pace with him. It stays a little behind and to the side of him at all times.

In that case, Domnus continues to fake track the beast. After a while, Domnus spins with speed and throws a broken branch at the source of the noise. Not aiming right where he hears it, but off to the side as a warning shot. He stays facing he area where he heard the noise. Reveal yourself.

GrandDM
2014-01-20, 02:21 PM
In that case, Domnus continues to fake track the beast. After a while, Domnus spins with speed and throws a broken branch at the source of the noise. Not aiming right where he hears it, but off to the side as a warning shot. He stays facing he area where he heard the noise. Reveal yourself.

"Here I am."

Raeon steps out of the trees.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 03:35 PM
Plantation AP6.2

Domnus is obviously mad. Why are you following me? Are any of your friends here? Domnus steps towards Raeon.

GrandDM
2014-01-21, 03:00 AM
Plantation AP6.2

Domnus is obviously mad. Why are you following me? Are any of your friends here? Domnus steps towards Raeon.

"I am following you because the Skull did not believe your story and wished me to verify it. None of the others are here."

Duck999
2014-01-21, 07:40 AM
"I am following you because the Skull did not believe your story and wished me to verify it. None of the others are here."

You are quite annoying. Anything I can hear the beast can probably hear too. You would scare it off before I found it. Domnus swiftly spins on his heel and starts fake tracking again.