PDA

View Full Version : Non traditional duskblades...or characters in general.

JungleChicken
2014-01-19, 11:49 AM
Made a whisper gnome duskblade that finesses a rapier. Really fun so far

Kaje
2014-01-19, 02:22 PM
Good for you?

Norin
2014-01-19, 03:14 PM
Me and a friend put together an alt char for me. It was just a silly idea I had..

It goes a little something like this:

Half-orc.
Half-orc paragon 1/Dread necro 2/human paragon 3/Spellsword 1/Abjurant champ 5/Eldritch knight 8

Yes indeed, a half-orc dread necro gish. What?! :smallamused:

It has yet to be played though, so I have no idea if it's fun or not.

JungleChicken
2014-01-19, 03:26 PM
That is indeed an eclectic mix

Vhaidara
2014-01-19, 03:31 PM
Effectively a warforger fighter/scout gestalt (fighter with skirmish + fast movement). He's a gladiator named Glad I. Ator, because he doesn't get humanoid naming procedure.

Oh, and he uses a finessable scimitar and a literal hand crossbow. Dual wielded. Building into ranged disarm and pin.

maniacalmojo
2014-01-20, 06:24 PM
halfling spell thief that uses a whip to channel powers through

A rogue that pretends he is a wizard (wears robes and has a really high UMD)

A goblin artificer who makes bombs and strange devices

A halfling who resides in a black cast iron pot strapped to the back of a barbarian ogre. He pops out of the pot on his turn and shoots people with a crossbow. Also serves as the ogres voice and conscience.

an evil butler who works for a noble paladin who will slink off during the night to deal with encounters so the master does not sully his hands.

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-20, 06:48 PM
My brother and I played twin brothers, one who was a LG paladin the other was a LE variant paladin. They were close growing up and constantly tried to find ways to work together but each of them viewed the world in such fundamentally different light that they had a really hard time agreeing on how to take on any challenge.

Our DM played the Paladin codes a little looser then some I guess cause nether of us fell for working with the other. We were constantly trying to show the other the light and convert each other to what we each viewed as "justice" and the correct way to govern and live.

The campaign We played in was all about toppling an evil king and starting a new government. We actually teamed up to take down the monarch that we both agreed was no good for the country but we ended up fighting afterwards because we couldn't agree on what kind of government we wanted to set up to replace him.

We had an honerable dual and I lost. My character died (I was the LE paladin) but It was a hell of a way to bring closure to like 8 months of us playing the characters together full of in game sibling tension.

sideswipe
2014-01-20, 07:01 PM
pixie barbarian whilst in the party you have a half orc. they will never expect the pixie......

Manly Man
2014-01-20, 07:08 PM
War Troll LG Crusader that defended an orphanage.

sideswipe
2014-01-20, 07:15 PM
War Troll LG Crusader that defended an orphanage.

when my group first started playing 3.5 a few years ago we played vanilla PHB mostly. one of the others played a paladin. as soon as he learned about blackguard he burned down an orphanage and beat all the small elf children running out from the fire to death with his spiked gauntlets so that he could lose his paladin stuff and take blackguard.

Mr Adventurer
2014-01-20, 07:16 PM
Half Ogre Knight. Raised by high elves as an experiment in creating a bodyguard.

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-20, 07:16 PM
when my group first started playing 3.5 a few years ago we played vanilla PHB mostly. one of the others played a paladin. as soon as he learned about blackguard he burned down an orphanage and beat all the small elf children running out from the fire to death with his spiked gauntlets so that he could lose his paladin stuff and take blackguard.

Character Development!

nedz
2014-01-20, 07:22 PM
Sorcerer who says he is a Ranger. Wilderness Companion ACF to swap the familiar for an animal companion, Draconic Heritage - Bronze for the survival skill, and the Track feat. Thematically appropriate spells too.

Beguiler who passes as a Cleric, but then ... Beguilers.

Spellthief Warlock who steals spells with an Eldritch Blast.