PDA

View Full Version : synthesist summoner build help

therakishrogue
2014-01-19, 01:34 PM
Hey playground! I'm playing my first pathfinder game and want to play a synthesist summoner. I don't know a lot about the options for the class or
builds though. Anyone have suggestions for how to optimize it for more evolutions?

stack
2014-01-19, 01:42 PM
Half-elf favored class bonus, then take extra evolution as often as allowed (every 5 levels).

Decide if you want to be a pounce-beast or focus on reach. Pounce requires quadruped, reach is best as biped. Pounce is going to focus on maxing your natural attacks (keep them all primary) and have high strength. Reach can go either for a weapon-wielding slugger or stick with natural attacks or both. Could also make a 'kali' build, high dex with lots of manufactured weapons. Check the builds section of Saph's handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184592).

Gemini476
2014-01-19, 02:00 PM
Do remember that the Synthesist is pretty much a straight-up nerf for the Summoner. It's still pretty good, though, so have fun.

If you play a Synthesist, you can pretty much completely ignore Strength and Dexterity when choosing ability scores. you could do so for Constitution as well, but there's this weird interaction that happens when you have higher Con than your Eidolon that might be worth looking into. (Your eidolon reaches 0hp, it disappears, you fall unconscious, your hp increases due to con, you wake up.)
You probably want your Eidolon to have higher Con than you, though, so feel free to ignore physical scores entirely.

Oh, and remember to give your Eidolon arms. You want arms.